A shocking blow

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

No one's POV 

All the Super Junior members were expelled out of the room; in fact no male, including medical personnel, were allowed into the room. It took an hour for Eunhyuk to stop crying. By then he was already so exhausted that he could only lay limply in Leeteuk's arms. However when a few female medical personnel came closer, wanting to examine him, he flinched and burrowed further into Leeteuk's embrace. "Hyuk ah," Leeteuk gently called out, "It's okay, they are here to help. They just want to check to see why you can't move your legs." At Leeteuk's comment about his legs, Eunhyuk felt tears stirring in his eyes again. Leeteuk understood Eunhyuk's fear from the tightening of his fingers against Leeteuk's gown. Leeteuk lowered his face to meet Eunhyuk in the eyes, "Hyuk, be strong. Let them check. Only if you let them check, they can find out how to help you. Hyung is here. Everyone, all the members, are here to help you. They won't hurt you anymore; no one will. Shall we let at least one of them come near you to check?" Eunhyuk nodded slowly, very much like a child who was persuaded to take his medicine. 

"Eunhyuk sshi," the lady who approached spoke in a very calming voice, "I won't hurt you. I won't touch you either, so please do not worry. I just want to ask a few questions...." It was concluded that Eunhyuk's inability to move his legs was due to the trauma from the whole incident and mainly due to severely damaged nerves from the knife wound and the electrocution. He has not entirely lost the ability to move, but it could be tough for him to regain full use of his legs, what more to dance again. It is very important that he do not give up. For now, they couldn't do much other to let him rest, they needed his body to recover to a state where more external help could be given to help his condition. 

When Eunhyuk finally slept, it was with Lee teuk, who was also exhausted, on the same hospital bed; their hands held tightly. The members' heart clenched at the sight when they quietly slipped into the room after the doctor and nurses have left the room and saw the scene. 

In the few hours that Leeteuk was preoccupied with Eunhyuk; the day has already grown dark when Donghae finally came out of the surgery room. Doctor Yoo Hye Jung related good news. The tumour was successfully removed, he should recover fine with chemotherapy and medication. It would take hours, even the entire night before he regained conscious. "You guys should get some rest. The hard times are yet to come." Shin Dong thanked her profusely and they all heaved a sigh of immerse relief as they headed back to the intensive care units to wait for Donghae to be settled in, as well.

Other than KangIn who guarded outside Eunhyuk's room, the rest of the members dispersed. SiBum and Shin Dong with Donghae. Kyumin and YeSung with Ryeowook. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand 

Ryeowook's POV 

I jerked into wakefulness, thinking that I was still struck in the dark room, shackled to the wall and my back ripped to pieces. My mouth opened with a soundless scream; my heart pounding in my chest. The blinding white lights in the hospital room and Ye Sung Hyung's face hovering worriedly over me rapidly pulled me back into reality. The anesthesia has worn off and I could feel the slightest tickling of pain starting to spread when I attempted to adjust my position. "Wookie?" I turned my glaze to the sound of my lover... I froze at that thought. "Lover..." This label of Ye Sung hyung, our relationship, what happened with Lee Soo Hyuk over the past few days... I couldn't. I shouldn't. Ye Sung hyung didn't even know the extent of my betrayal. I... Even though it shouldn't have been the case, I enjoyed the pain and pleasure that I experienced with Lee Soo Hyuk far too much. So much so that I was certain that I shouldn't be continuing this relationship with Ye Sung hyung. "Let's break up, hyung." The words escaped from my mouth without another thought. There were more than a few gasps in the room but I focused singularly on Ye Sung hyung's face. The normal reaction should have been like that of Ye Sung's hyung. His jaw dropped and panick crossed his face. "What... What are you talking about, Wookie?" 

"I've betrayed our relationship, Hyung. Me and Lee Soo Hyuk, we... ed." I couldn't think of a better word to describe what happened. Bewilderment filled his face and his jaw dropped. "No! You did it against your will, Ryeowook! He forced you into it! You were kidnapped and held against your will, I can understand that! I saw the videos, how he manipulated Teuk hyung to ra..." I cut him off, "No. Yes, he did force me the first time but my body reacted on its own. I was a willing party." Ye Sung's mouth opened and closed, loss for words as hurt flickered across his face. I continued, an abnormal calm settling over me. My heart did not hurt; It did not even stir at this breakup of a relationship of more than 5 years that I am initiating. "I am sorry, hyung. I... he... made me understand things that I have not known about myself. I am speaking with a rational mind. I was not under the influence of any drugs when we did what we did while he was my kidnapper and I a supposed victim. I'm a , I guess and I don't deserve your love and concern for that..."  

"Ryeowook, stop. STOP." Kyuhyun interrupted me sharply, "We may not fully understand what you have gone through, but you're hurting Ye Sung hyung. Stop." I flickered my eyes to the back of Ye Sung hyung and met the eyes of KyuMin. "You're right. I..." I shut my eyes at the sudden wave of dizziness. 

Sungmin's POV

Ryeowook was looking at Ye Sung hyung with eyes so cold that I couldn't help but shudder at the back of the room. He stopped himself from continuing after Kyuhyun's comment but all of a sudden, his eyes fluttered close and his hand slipped from the edge of the bed the next moment; lifeless. The heart rate monitor reacted as his heartbeat plummeted sharply. "Ryeowook!" Ye Sung shouted as he shot forward and grabbed his hand. 

I pressed the emergency button while Kyuhyun sprang out of the room. In minutes, we were chased out of the room as they see to Ryeowook. Ye Sung hyung was badly shaken by the entire episode that just happened within seconds of Ryeowook regaining consciousness. He was holding Kyuhyun by the shoulder as he asked repeatedly, "Did he just say he wants to break up with me? Did he? He wanted a breakup? After he got tormented by that bastard? A breakup? The moment he wakes? I'm going to kill him!" Yesung hyung spit with menace, turning immediately to the direction where Lee Soo Hyuk was currently held. Kyuhyun quickly grabbed him, and pulled him back. I also held onto him, "Hyung! Hyung! Don't get agitated! Ryeowookie just woke up, he could have been confused and perplexed by what happened to him. Give him some time. Besides! He just fainted, shouldn't you wait to see if he is going to be alright first? As for Lee Soo Hyuk, he has already been caught, and will definitely be convicted. We will just have to wait and see. He will be punished severely for what he did." Yesung looked at me with tears in his eyes, "Sungmin ah, you saw, didn't you? How coldly and calmly he told me that he wanted to break up? Did you really think he is going to change his mind when he wakes up?" I didn't have an answer to that. Kyu spoke up, "Hyung, that will be up to you to decide. If you really cherish this relationship, I am sure that you would do whatever it takes to change Ryeowook's mind. Give him time. You guys have been together for such a long time and gone through so many things together, this will just be another test. Trust in your love for him, Hyung. You can do it."