Disaster

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

No one's POV

 

(In the dorm's living room)

 

The members had all been stunned silence at the sudden high pitch scream that sounded suspiciously like a moan coming from EunHae's room. Meeting the curious eyes of a few of the members, Leeteuk shrugged slightly in response just as Ryeowook came running out of his room situated just beside EunHae's room. With his eyes as big as sausages and his cheeks burning scarlet, he whispered loudly to the silent crowd sitting in the living room,  "Eunhyuk hyung is checking to make sure that Donghae hyung is alright!". At his announcement, Kyuhyun bit his lips strongly to keep it tightly shut but when he met the eyes of Kang In hyung, they lost it. Both of them burst out laughing until tears were in their eyes and their stomachs hurt. "Checking... Hahahahaha...ha!", Kang In repeatedly slapped his hands on his thigh as he laughed uncontrollably. "That sure is the most direct way to check!", Kyuhyun chuckled while Leeteuk shook his head at their jokes.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks later...

 

Donghae's POV

 

It had been a successful comeback as usual. It was just that this time, there were more tears and heartaches than usual. Many of the fans had openly cried while we were performing and I could see clearly, the pity and grief that shone deeply within their eyes. "Hae.", I turned towards KiBum who was walking besides me, "Don't look so worried. I'm sure you'll be fine.". I smiled back weakly at him but the smile quickly fell as I recalled where I was heading to. I couldn't help feeling worried. How could I not? During my stay at the hospital two weeks ago, the doctor has suggested that I go through a thorough health check up to ensure that I was really fine. Even though I had repeatedly assured Hyukkie that I was fine, I had deliberately kept my headache episodes from him. It has been getting worse and worse nearing the comeback. Even though I have not fainted again like the last time - There were numerous times when my sight darkened for a few seconds and I thought I was going to faint again... Luckily, I didn't. Even though I did not want Hyukjae to worry but deep down, I knew... There was something wrong with my body. I had initially intended to get my health report alone but if I said I was going to go out alone, Hyukkie would surely have suspected. Left with no choice, I hesitantly asked KiBum to go with me one afternoon while we were waiting for the vans to fetch us back to the dorm. As my best friend, he was slightly puzzled by the fact that I asked him to go with me instead of asking Eunhyuk but he knew me too well to figure out what I was thinking in the next moment.

The evening sun was setting splendidly behind us when we reached the hospital and my steps slowed as i took in the solemn view of the white building. I was starting to hate the hospital. It looked so cold and sterile with all the metal and antiseptic smell and for some reasons, as the gloomy shadows casted itself onto the white walls, I felt ominous about stepping in. As we waited for the appointment outside the room, KiBum chattered endlessly, trying his best to make me feels more at ease. I replied in short sentences as my anxiety grew with every passing minute. When my appointed number finally flashed outside the room, my nerves were already beginning to flay. When KiBum stood up to go in together with me, I turned with a small smile and shook my head. "Just wait for me here, KiBum... I'll... I'll go in alone.". Taking my hands into his, KiBum squeezed them tightly and smiled cheerfully, "Go in then, Hae. I'll be waiting for you here.". Nodding my thanks, I stepped towards the door and my hands lingered for a second on its handle. Taking a deep breath, I tried my best to calm myself before stepping in.      

 

Eunhyuk's POV

 

Teuk hyung and Wookie were discussing fervently about the various ways to best cook the korean beef that we just bought from the supermarket near to the dorm. It was a quiet evening, one that I rarely had the chance to enjoy. If only Hae was here... He has been extremely secretive about his day out with KiBum. If I didn't know his relationship with KiBum better, I would have been green with jealousy. As it is, Hae insisted that he only wanted KiBum to go with him and I had no choice but to let him go. "I'll just punish him tonight~". I chuckled under my breath at that thought, not realizing that both Teuk hyung and Ryeowook have ended their conversation to ask me a question. "Hyuk," Teuk hyung repeated and I looked at him in sudden surprise, "You look like you just planned something naughty.". I blushed deep red at his accurate assumption and he laughed heartily. Ryeowook leaned towards me and whispered loudly, "Just don't be too loud, hyung. If not Kang In hyung and Kyuhyun will be laughing at you and Donghae hyung again.". Teuk hyung burst out laughing at that while I rolled my eyes at the mention of the two of them and nodded to agree with what Wookie suggested. With that, we continued walking back in comfortable silence. "It's going to be a good night." I thought and smiled to myself as the cool evening wind blew gently, ruffling my hair.  

Just then, the comfortable silence broke when a black van suddenly screeched to a stop beside us and a few men in black got off. My eyes widened in shock at the sudden turn of events and my mind tried its best to figure out what was happening. "Hyuk!". My head whipped towards Teuk hyung  who was gesturing wildly at me. Then, his next word pierces into my mind, "Run!". My legs began moving as my arms pushed through the grabbing hands of the black men. I ran straight towards the small group of crowd one hundred metres away. My heart pumped rapidly as the cold air outside rushed in to fill my burning lungs and my breathing got heavily to gain as much speed as possible.  I couldn't turn back to find out what happened to Teuk hyung and Ryeowook but I heard muffled screams then there was nothing left but the heavy footsteps chasing after me from the back. I must get to the crowd if I want to save Teuk hyung and Wookie. "80 metres... 60 metres... 40 metres... I can do it... I must do it... Teuk hyung, Wookie and... Hae!".  I cried out his name as a sudden sharp pain stabbed through the back of my head and my legs gave out under me. I briefly remembered touching the cold tiles for a few seconds before two pairs of hands grabbed my body up and my eyes rolled to see the empty road by my side. The street lamp was flickering on and off... Then the next moment, there was only darkness.