Flashback

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

Eunhyuk's POV:

I grabbed onto Donghae tightly as he cried out for Heechul and reached out for the coffins where Hankyung and Heechul hyung now laid. Around me, the rest of the members were crying, their choked cries only made my throat tightened even more as I struggled to keep in my sobs. Instead, silent tears trickled down my cheeks as I grieved for the loss of both of them. As I watched the two coffins being lowered into the soil, guilt stabbed me deep in the heart as the memory that I strived so hard to push away, suddenly assaulted me.

Flashback:

I sat alone in the living room after all of us returned from the hospital. The rest of the members were in their respective rooms with their couples while Hae was with Teuk hyung, hysteric with the loss of Heechul and inconsolable. I could still hear his cries and tears welled in my eyes as my heart tightened in pain. It had been a day since Heechul hyung's death and all of us still could not wrap around the fact that he was gone. No, to say the truth, we didn't want to. The door to Heechul hyung's room suddenly opened and Hankyung hyung walked out. Tears streamed down his face and he clenched a letter tight in his right hand. I stayed silent and still, not knowing what to do or say. "Hyung?" I asked uncertainly but Hankyung hyung didn't seem to hear me. Without a word, he just left the dorm. Looking at how heartbroken and shattered he was, my heart went out to him.The grief and sorrow that we felt about Heechul hyung's death could never be compared to Hankyung hyung's. Just the thought of Hae getting injured was enough to break my heart, I would have wished for death if Hae was to die, what more, when I was more or less the reason that he died. My eyes widened in shock just as the thought entered my mind. I shot up from my seat and ran to Teuk hyung's room. Flinging open the room, I shouted desperately, "Hyung! I think Hankyung hyung is going to commit suicide! " Without waiting for them to respond, I turned and ran out of the dorm. My heart pounded loudly in my chest and I prayed hard that I was not too late. "I should have known when he walked out of the room! Why was I so dumb?" I scolded myself. Searching blindly for him within the area, I finally saw him at the crossroad. Heaving a small sigh of relief that he was just standing there, I quickly ran towards him. As I neared him, I saw the tears that flowed down his face as he tilted his face towards the sky and my throat tightened at his grief. I would never forget the a small smile lingering on his lips as he stepped out onto the busy road. I watched in horror as a car sped towards him and pushed myself towards him harder. "Hyung, no!" I screamed just as the braking car slammed into him and I heard a sickening thud. "Hyung! No, no!" I dropped to my knees by his body. My hands fluttered over his body, not knowing what to do. There was so much blood that pooled around him, tears streamed down my face uncontrollably as I screamed his name. Hankyung hyung's eyelid fluttered slightly and he raised a weak hand towards me. I heard clearly the name that he called out within that last moment to his life, "Rella.". Then, he closed his eyes and his hand dropped as life seeped out of him. "Please, no!" I brawled as I pulled his lifeless body into my arms. "No! No!" I sobbed as I tightened my hold on him. "No!". I didn't know how long I sat there with Hankyung hyung in my arms. It felt like an eternity although only a few minutes passed. I barely registered the crowd that had gathered around us and the burst of outcries and sobs of our members. The ambulance eventually arrived but it was too late. I briefly recalled my struggle with the members as I held onto Hankyung's body, refusing to let him go. They had to pry a screaming and hysterical me away as the civil medics took him away. I didn't know how Teuk hyung still had the ability to issue any solution but he did. He sent Kibum with the ambulance to the hospital with Hankyung hyung and even managed to call our manager.  I felt rather than saw Hae approaching me and allowed him to gathered me into a hug. I cried harder in his embrace and he cried together with me. The other remaining members gathered and enveloped the both of us into a huge hug. Cries and sobs surrounded us as we became one with oour grief and sorrow. After a few minutes, Teuk hyung cleared his throat when our manager came with our van. He sent all of us into the two vans and all of us made our way to the hospital.

End of flashback:

Within that one week, we had lost two of our members and one of them would not have been lost if I realised earlier what Hankyung hyung was going to do. Super Junior would never be the same again and I blamed myself for it as I looked at Hankyung hyung's coffin. Teuk hyung had just finished his last words to Hankyung and Heechul hyung, now they are going to lower their coffins into the soil. I released my hold on Hae and Siwon shot me a puzzled look as he held onto Donghae. Shaking my head, my tears welled up as I saw the car accident in my mind's eyes once again. I backed away slowly, unable to watch them burying Hanchul. Kibum saw me and took a step towards me, as if he was going to console me but I couldn't bear it. Despair whelmed when Kibum called out my name gently, "Eunhyuk hyung?" Then, all at once, it was too much to bear, I turned and ran away from the cemetery, wanting to shut everything out. Tears blinded my sight as I ran aimlessly away from it, from death, from pain, from sorrow and from reality.