Chapter 10

Like a fool, I smile when I see you

 

                “Hey, can I talk to you?” Nichkhun ran up to Krystal, stopping her from walking away any further. They had just finished a variety show together.

                “What?” Krystal’s voice was cold, and she crossed her arms.

                “How’s Victoria?” Nichkhun asked, looking down.

                “I can’t believe you’re even asking that,” Krystal scoffed. “She’s not great. And it’s all because of you.”

                Nichkhun didn’t reply to that and instead he asked her another question.

                “I need to ask you something. Do you know who-“

                “-I don’t want to answer any other of your pointless questions. I’m busy.”

-

                Nichkhun knew he had to find out who Jason was. But it was obvious that Amber and Krystal hated him. So his last resort was to ask Luna and Sulli. They seemed a bit easier on him.

                Luckily, Sulli was the MC for Inkigayo on the day he was performing with his group. So he decided to ask Sulli first. If that didn’t work, he would have to ask Luna.

                As soon as the recording finished, Nichkhun rushed to find Sulli, who was in the MC room. He burst in, and was glad that there was no one else in the room except her. She looked surprised.

                “Nichkhun-oppa, what are you doing here?”

                Her voice wasn’t happy, but it wasn’t that harsh either. Nichkhun was relieved and sighed.

                “Sulli, I need to ask you something. And you need to be honest and tell me everything, anything.”

                Sulli crossed her arms. “What is it? Does this have to do with Victoria-unni? Do you know how much-“

                “Who’s Jason?” Nichkhun interrupted his tone and eyes serious.

                Sulli widened her eyes and opened in shock.

                “How do you know him?” Sulli whispered.

                “Just tell me,” Nichkhun urged desperately, pleadingly. “Who is he?”

                Sulli sighed.

                “All I know is that he was Victoria’s ex-boyfriend.”

                Nichkhun bit his lip.

                “I don’t know how to explain it in my own words. It was Victoria’s past. But I know that knowing about Victoria’s past will make you understand her a bit more.”

                Nichkhun silently pressed her to continue.

                “She has a diary, something the members and I found when we were packing to move to our new dorm. We didn’t read the whole thing, but all we knew was that he was her ex. We have it hidden so Victoria won’t find it again and be pained once more. I’ll give it to you tonight, if you want to read it.”

                Nichkhun nodded.

                “Okay then, do you want to meet me outside of our dorm at around 8-ish?”

                Nichkhun nodded again.

                Sulli got up to leave. Before walking out the door, she turned around and called out to Nichkhun.

                “Nichkhun-oppa, you still know, right?”

                “Know what?”

                “That Victoria-unni still loves you.”