Chapter 2

Like a fool, I smile when I see you

 

               “Hey, look, Victoria, it’s your husband!” Gikwang pointed out to Victoria. Her eyes traveled to where Nichkhun was, talking to one of the members of Secret. Victoria tried to remember her name but she didn’t remember.

                “Oh, it is,” Victoria faked a smile and stared at Nichkhun, who stared back. His eyes flickered from her, to Gikwang, and back to her again. Suddenly, Nichkhun grabbed her wrists and pulled her into his fitting room, leaving that girl and Gikwang dumb-founded.

                “Ow, that really hurts,” Victoria shrugged him off, massaging her wrist. “What was that for?”

                Nichkhun looked embarrassed.

                “I don’t know.”

                Victoria stared at him with narrowed eyes, but her eyes widened when she came to a realization.

                “You were jealous, weren’t you,” A sly smile appeared on Victoria’s face as she poked him. “You were jealous. Nichkhun is jealous, everyone. Nichkhun is-“

                “-I’m not jealous,” Nichkhun scoffed, ears turning bright red. “He was just too close to you, I guess.”

               Victoria rolled her eyes, but the smile didn’t come off her face. “We’re best friends. And that means you’re jealous. Obviously.”

                Nichkhun puffed his cheeks and sat on the sofa.

                “We’re husband and wife,” he said, as if that was an answer.

                “Not real husband and wife, I hope you remember,” Victoria added. She smoothed her hair and shook her wrists in the air. “I’m going now, but that seriously hurt, just to let you know.”

                As she walked out the door, and closed it with a light shut, Nichkhun closed his eyes and rubbed his temples.

                What was with him, just now? It’s jealousy. No, it isn’t. Yes, it was. If I jealous, then that’d men that I like her. I don’t like her. I don’t like her, I hate her. She’s annoying and bothersome and sassy and bratty and…and…somehow I find that cute.

-

                “That’s a wrap, have a safe night, everyone!” The ‘We Got Married’ Pd called, announcing that the recording finally was over and Nichkhun and Victoria could rest.

                Victoria.

                “Where is she?” Nichkhun muttered to himself, as he searched everywhere for her. He finally decided to go upstairs. When he poked his head in the room, he was awed to find Victoria there, sleeping. She was sleeping on Nichkhun’s side of the bed, her eyes tightly shut, her big sweater acting like a blanket for her. Her hair was spread out and she looked so angelic.

                He lightly shuffled his feet across the room until he was right beside the bed. He slowly got on, and lay on his side, using his hand for support of his face. He stared at Victoria. He couldn’t tear his gaze from her face, for some weird reason.

                When you look at her close up, she does look beautiful.

                Nichkhun found himself peering closer and closer at Victoria until his face was right in front of hers. Blushing, he sprang back, yet Victoria didn’t budge or wake up from her sleep.

                She must be tired.

                Nichkhun bravely inched closer to her. When his face was once again in front of hers, he in his breath.

                “What are you doing?”