Chapter 14

Like a fool, I smile when I see you

 

                “Wait, what?” Nichkhun blinked.

                “Nichkhun.” His manager rolled his eyes and repeated for a second time. “You were scheduled to come on Strong Heart next Saturday.”

                “Why?” Nichkhun blurted out. “No one ever told me that. Who else is going?”

                “You and Chansung only are scheduled to go.”

                “Then, why can’t someone else replace me? I don’t have to go,” Nichkhun was becoming desperate, trying to find a solution to this problem.

                “Nichkhun, they insisted you come. What’s wrong with you? You usually don’t mind what show you go on. “

                He muttered something the manager couldn’t catch. The managers got up, and pat Nichkhun on the shoulder.

                “You’re going to this recording, alright? See you later.”

                As his manager left the dorm, Nichkhun was left alone to fret and worry. He had already promised Victoria that he would go to her concert, but at the same time he couldn’t get out of this recording. Groaning with frustration, he got his phone and called Victoria nervously.

                The phone only rang a few times before she picked up. He heard crowded noises in the background and feminine voices.

                “Hello?” Victoria’s cute slurred Korean accent answered.

                Nichkhun jolted up.

                “Hi, it’s Nichkhun.”

                “Ah, hi!” Victoria seemed relieved to hear him. “How are you?”

                “I miss you,” Nichkhun said back, truthfully. “Where are you?”

                “Ahh, hold on a minute,” Victoria cheerfully said. Her voice became a bit muffled. “Hey, what’s this place called again? Oh, really? Ah, Nichkhun, we’re in Dong-daemun.”

                “What are you doing in such a public place?” Nichkhun was slightly worried. He awaited her response, impatiently tapping on the sofa.

                “Well, with only days away from our concert, the manager let us go shopping to relax! I’m with the daughters. We’re having so much fun.”

                “Oh, really-“

                “HELLO. IS THIS NICHKHUN-OPPA?” A loud yell startled Nichkhun. He recognized the voice-Luna. “HELLO?”

                “Ah, yes, this Is Nichkhun,” he replied politely. “How are you, Luna?”

                “I HEARD YOU’RE COMING-NICHKHUN OPPA-hey I’m talking, geez-“ Mixed responses replied back to him. He heard shrieking and laughing and buzzes.

                “Ah, it’s Luna, again,” she seemed calmer now. “Anyways, I heard you’re going to see our f(x) concert?”

                “Oh, right, the thing is-“

                “That’s great, Nichkhun-oppa! Thanks for the support! Before, Victoria attack me for the phone, I just want to say THAT YOU BETTER BE GOOD TO MOTHER VICTORIA OR I’LL COME AND FIND YOU-“

                The phone went dead, and Nichkhun realized that they hung up. He sighed and shook his head.

                What was he going to do?