Chapter 4

Like a fool, I smile when I see you

 

                “PD-nim, I just cannot work with Nichkhun anymore,” Victoria shouted, pointing at him, who stood there, fingers tucked in his jean’s pockets, his eyes staring innocently at the exasperated PD and the restless crew.

                “What now?”

                Victoria stomped her feet.

                “He is just impossible to work with,” Victoria insisted, still pointing at Nichkhun. “Tell him to start acting professional!”

                The PD looked at Nichkhun. Nichkhun shrugged as Victoria continued, her anger rising.

                “At least I’m trying to act like I like him, but he just refuses to! He rolls his eyes every single second and makes fun of me!”

                “Victoria,” the PD tried to soothe her. “Calm down.”

                Nichkhun laughed a bit.

                “It’s hard to work with her right? That’s the same for me.”

                Victoria quieted. And for a few moments, all was silent. The PD stared back and forth at them stressfully. Nichkhun looked bewildered and he quickly glanced at Victoria with the corner of his eye.

                Did I go too far? No, she’s always like this…but she seems so hurt. No, don’t lose guard, Nichkhun. She hurt your feelings; you have to return the favor.

                While deep in his thoughts, Nichkhun didn’t realize Victoria was walking away until the PD call out to her.

                “No, I’m leaving,” Victoria responded back, her eyes narrowed, her lips thin. “Don’t be surprised if my manager calls you later tonight. Manager-nim and PD-nim discuss about me leaving this show. Because I don’t want to stay in this show for one more second. I don’t want to see Nichkhun’s face any longer, alright?”

-

                “Yeah, yeah, and then what did she say?”

                “She was like, ‘I don’t want to stay in this show for one more second, I don’t want to see his face any longer’!”

                “Oh wow, that’s dramatic,” Wooyoung remarked, biting on his straw. “How did you reply?”

                “I didn’t!” said Nichkhun. “She walked away before I could even speak. It was so awkward.”

                “You know, I agree with Victoria, though,” Chansung commented.

                “Why?” Nichkhun protested.

                Chansung shrugged. “I don’t know. I like Victoria. So, I’ll just take her side.”

                Nichkhun whacked him with a nearby pillow. But no matter what he did, he couldn’t tell if Victoria was being serious or not, about leaving the show.

                What would happen if Victoria did leave the show…? What would happen then? I don’t want her to quit. I don’t want to stop being known as her husband. I want to be there with her.