Chapter 1

Like a fool, I smile when I see you

 

                Ever since Victoria was little, she dreamed of that certain prince that would swoop her up and hold her and they would get on the horse and ride off into the sunset. When she was in middle and high school, she always hoped that certain boy would realize her crush for him, and ask her out. When she was in college, she longed for a nice, strong, loving man to take care of her and take her out on dates.

                At age 24, the only thing she desired was some type of relationship. But sadly, the only ‘relationship’ she was in, was a fake one. Victoria despised the fact that she was ‘married’ to Nichkhun. Other female idols would probably kill to be in her place, and she would have gladly let them fight over him. When asked by her f(x) members, why she hated Nichkhun so much, she had a lot of reasons

                “He’s too charming, that it sometimes seems a bit fake,” Victoria declared one day in their dorm, her f(x) members crowded around her. “He’s too prince-like, almost too perfect, even.”

                “Is that necessarily a bad thing?” Sulli asked, her head on Amber’s lap.

                Victoria pondered for a bit.

                “Yes.”

                “You’re so weird, unni,” Luna teased. “I would love to be in your place.”

                “Take it,” Victoria laughed, and then she stopped and frowned. “I have the ‘We Got Married’ recording tomorrow.  It’s so tiring to act so lovey-dovey and cute in front of him.”

-

                “Thank you!” Victoria ducked her head as she bowed to the PD and the crew of ‘We Got Married’.

               “Thank you,” Nichkhun echoed behind her. Victoria shot up straight, and turned around, narrowing her eyes at him.

                “What?” He said innocently. “I’m just saying my thanks to them, too.”

                Victoria rolled her eyes and marched away, her long hair swinging behind her. Nichkhun followed her quickly.

                “I must be one of the best actors of the century,” Nichkhun crinkled his nose. “It was so difficult for me to feed you and pretend to be so…’loving’.”

                “Good for you.” Victoria continued to walk, but she quickened her pace.

                “And, honestly, your cooking today wasn’t that good. It was a bit salty.” Nichkhun shrugged his shoulders. “But I had to pretend to like it, for the viewer’s sakes.”

                Victoria stopped, and whipped around. Nichkhun braced himself for a harsh comeback but she didn’t speak. Her eyes grew wide and teary, and her pouted mouth trembled. Her cheeks were a bit pink. She was crying.

                Nichkhun was bewildered. “S-sorry, I didn’t mean to be that harsh. It was actually really tasty, I s-swear,” he stammered.

                Victoria smirked, smoothed her hair, and pinched Nichkhun’s baby cheeks.

                “Oh, little Nichkhun. You may be the best actor of the ‘century’, but you’re still so, so gullible,” Victoria patted him sarcastically before turning around.

                As she walked in her waiting van, she didn’t forget to look behind and stick her tongue out at him.

                Nichkhun’s ear’s turned bright red and he looked the other way.

                I hate that girl.