Chapter 6

2nd Chance

 

Its Monday morning and a very beautiful sunrise appears in the sky with a very cool breeze. Tiffany is on her way to V.I.P hotel to start her first day as event organizer.

 

Tiffany: yoboseyo…Seohyun-ah?

 

Seohyun: Neh!!! Tiffany-ssi?

 

Tiffany: can you do me a favor?

 

Seohyun: sure…what is that?

 

Tiffany: do you have a copy of the report that I made?

 

Seohyun: what report? Ah for the V.I.P hotel?

 

Tiffany: neh…I forgot my copy can you send it to my email, sorry but I need it now.

 

Seohyun: OK…Tiffany-ssi anything else?

 

Tiffany: that’s all…kamsahamnida.

 

Seohyun: hwangyong-hamnida…anytime.

 

Tiffany is very lucky to have Seohyun as her secretary. Seohyun is very organized and always keep a back-up of anything that is very important in their office.

 

Tiffany is very excited to do the event that the V.I.P hotel gave it to her. Tiffany and the staff only have 3 weeks to do the preparation, it is not an ordinary event but actually is a really big event for the V.I.P hotel because they will celebrating their 60th anniversary of being one of the most famous Hotel in Seoul.

Tiffany arrived at the Hotel, Mr. Cho text Tiffany to proceed to the meeting room to have some orientation to the staff and give each one of them a work to do.

 

Tiffany: (knock on the door before entering) Good morning sorry for waiting.

 

Staff 1: no problem…we just arrived too.

 

D. Choi: just take your sit Ms. Hwang…

 

Tiffany was very shock of what shes hearing and what shes saw, the Director of the Hotel sitting in the middle of the table. She never expected that the Director will meet them at this time early in the morning because she’s expecting Mr. Cho to be there.

 

Tiffany: Ohhh Director Choi…good morning…sorry I don’t see you (bowing her head…very shock)

 

D. Choi: it’s fine Ms. Hwang…just take your sit. (slightly laugh of what Tiffany reaction)

 

Tiffany: neh!!! (frenetic action)

 

D. Choi: so lets start?...give us some orientation of the event…how we can start the first step…

 

Tiffany gave a step by step procedure of the event, and she distributed the things that is needed. They are 60 staff member so Tiffany decided that there must be a team to have an organized work for the whole event. There will be 5 teams Budgeting team, decorating team, technical team, food team, and invitation team. Every team had 10 members but for the technical and decorating team it has 15 members because it require a big amount of people to manage it.

 

Tiffany: so everybody has their part, don’t worry if there will be a problem just don’t hesitate to ask me ok? (smiling)

 

D. Choi: ok then let start…good luck each one of you.(give the staff a smile of encouragement) oh…By the way Ms. Hwang can you stay for a minute?

 

Tiffany: ah? Neh……..(nervous)

 

Everybody left to start their part. Director Choi asked Tiffany to stay for a minute because he has something to say.

 

D. Choi: Ms. Hwang so you’ve been here for a couple of weeks to be our event organizer…I decide that you can have your own office… follow me I will show you.

 

Tiffany: what? A office? I’m fine even without my own office…I’m fine Director Choi. (nervous smile)

 

D. Choi: of course your not…just follow me.

 

Director Choi and Tiffany went to the room that the Director just said. The room is also located at the same floor of the main office of the Hotel. When they got there Tiffany saw different office room consist of the secretary office and of course the office of the President and the office of the Director.

 

D. Choi: so this your temporary office here in our Hotel Ms. Hwang (smile at Tiffany)

 

Tiffany: jinja? why here? It looks like this floor is private for the office of the President and office of yours. (not just happy face)

 

D. Choi: oh that…because this room is vacant for almost 3 year and I don’t what to waste this room without somebody using it.

 

Tiffany: jinja? oh I think I can’t change your mind about this room, kamsahamnida Director Choi.

 

D. Choi: no need to say thank you…

 

Tiffany: can I ask something? Who is the last person who use it?

 

D. Choi: (speechless)

 

Tiffany: I think… is a girl I’m I right? The furniture and this (pointing a mirror on top of the table) its for girls…

 

D. Choi: neh…

 

Tiffany: is she dead or something?

 

D. Choi: WHAT? Aniyo…aniyo…she just went to America. But shes not dead (almost move of his place)

 

Tiffany: ahhh I see…kekeke I’m sorry for asking.

 

D. Choi: its fine…so its fine for you?

 

Tiffany: Neh…kamsahamnida Director (eyesmile)

 

D. Choi: welcome (smile too) I will leave you now…just call Mr. Cho if you need something he will be here anytime now. Ok bye for now.

 

Tiffany: neh…kamsahamnida.

 

A few minutes Tiffany left her temporary office and on her way to the elevator she met Mr. Cho

 

Mr. Cho: Ms. Hwang…you’re here!!! Annyeong (bow his head)

 

Tiffany: Mr. Cho annyeong (bow her head)

 

Mr. Cho: did you see your office?

 

Tiffany: neh…its nice

 

Mr. Cho: where are you going?

 

Tiffany: I will go to the venue…to check the things there.

 

Mr. Cho: jinja? let me you kekeke

 

Tiffany: no its fine…go to your office I think Director Choi want to see you.

 

Mr. Cho: Director? He’s here?

 

Tiffany: Neh…he’s here early…his the one who show me my temporary office. (suspicious look)

 

Mr. Cho: jinja? ok then I will just go first to Directors office. (bow his head)

 

Tiffany: (bow her head) what’s the problem if the Director come to his office early? (talking to herself)

 

Tiffany reached the venue. The venue is located at the back of the V.I.P hotel also part of the hotel this is only use if there will be event parties, ect.

 

On this day the other materials came to the venue. Tiffany check one by one if its complete or there are some damages in the materials. Tiffany is very hands-on in everything that she does in her job.

 

Delivery man: ma’am can you sign here (pointing the signature space in the paper)

 

Tiffany: Neh…

 

Delivery man: do you see any damages in the tables and chairs?

 

Tiffany: no…by the way thank you for delivering it on time.

 

Delivery man: its our work to deliver it on time.

 

While Tiffany’s talking to the delivery man Mr. Cho and Director Choi came. All the staff and craw make a line to give a great to their Director.

 

Staff and Craw: annyeonghasayeo Director Choi and Secretary Cho (bowing his/her head)

 

Mr. Cho: annyeong (bow his head)

 

D. Choi: (bow his head) so how everyone’s doing?

 

Mr. Cho: wow!!! it looks like you can build this event before 3 weeks.

 

D. Choi looking around make sure that everything’s is in there right areas.

 

Tiffany: annyeonghasayeo (soft feminine voice and bow her head)

 

Mr. Cho: annyeong Ms. Hwang (waving his hand like a child)

 

D. Choi: annyeong (still looking around)

 

Tiffany: Director any problem?

 

D. Choi: what? (look back at Tiffany) aniyo…there’s no prob. Its nice even its not that complete.

 

Tiffany: jinja? kamsahamnida (smile)

 

Mr. Cho: yes its almost prefect even without the flowers and the balloons. Kekeke I think before 3 weeks you will finish this venue.

 

Tiffany: I really hope so…Director Choi can we talk for a minute?

 

D. Choi: sure…

 

Mr. Cho: I’m just check the other staff and craw (wink at Director)

 

Tiffany: ahhmmm…about the guest list…I need to see how many guest are coming for the exact count of chair and table, food and invitations.

 

D. Choi: that one…I will give it to you (thinking)…Wednesday!?!

 

Tiffany: your not sure?

 

D. Choi: I will try to finish it before Wednesday…if its ok?

 

Tiffany: sure…but its more advisable if you can pass that to me early than that.

 

D. Choi: ok I will try my best…kekeke…

 

Tiffany had that chance to take Director Choi to the basement were the other materials are. Tiffany explain everything of what’s that material for and how will that be use because Director  Choi don’t have any idea for some materials that will be use in the event.

 

In their way back in the venue awkward feeling came again with the two.

 

D. Choi: ehem…(clear his throat to break the silence) Ms. Hwang…

 

Tiffany: neh?

 

D. Choi: ahhhmmm…nothing…it so silent, can you sing?

 

Tiffany: HA!!! (shock)

 

D. Choi: kekeke I’m just joking…your so quite

 

Tiffany: mianhae…(smile)

 

D. Choi: its fine…

 

Tiffany and Director Choi came back again to the venue. Tiffany excuse herself for a minute to check the staff. While Director Choi talking to some crew who fixing some table his phone ring.

 

D. Choi: yobosayeo?  

 

Unknown: Director Choi (man’s voice)

 

D. Choi: President Choi…?

 

Pres. Choi: Neh…how’s life, everythings fine?

 

D. Choi: Great…what about you President?

 

Pres. Choi: I’m fine too…by the way how’s the event? Mr. Cho told me that you’ve already start organizing it.

 

D. Choi: neh…we already start organizing, so far so great, thanks to our event organizer.

 

Pres. Choi: jinja? if that’s the case that’s very nice. Your event organizer… I heard that’s shes very great in doing her work.

 

D. Choi: neh…shes very hard working and great in organizing an event like this, she can manage it all by herself.

 

Pres. Choi: I think she’s really that great, Mr. Cho told that to me also last time that we had a talk. Next week I will go back in Korea make sure that everythings organized well, I want that to be prefect as possible.

 

D. Choi: neh…President. (scratching his head)

 

Pres. Choi: Seunghyun?

 

D. Choi: Appa?

 

Pres. Choi: please call your mom, she really missed you. You didn’t answer our call, just only this time you answer it. Call her shes very worried about you.

 

D. Choi: mianhe…appa…I’m just busy right now this is the time that I’m free so I answer your call, just say to omma that I missed her too and I’m great nothing to worry. Appa I need to go we need to finish this today…take care Ok…bye.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys, so hows my chapter 6? kindy give me a feedback...:)