Chapter 4

2nd Chance

 

Mr. Cho: Ms. Hwang it’s good news, our Director like your proposal and he wants to set a meeting. (in the phone)

 

Tiffany: jinja? omo this is really a good news Mr. Cho, kamsahamnida.

 

Mr. Cho: chumaneyo…I think I need to go now, I’ll just inform you about the meeting with the Director…jalgayo.

 

Tiffany is very happy because of the news, quickly informed Seohyun.

 

Tiffany: Seohyun-ah…guess what? I GOT IT?

 

Seohyun: what? (thinking) OH!!! Jinja…jinja…I’m so happy for you Tiffany-ssi, so when is the start of your work?

 

Tiffany: I don’t know for now but I will meet the Director of the company one of this day.

 

Seohyun: great!!! This must be your another big break…do your best, good luck, I’m always here to help you.

 

Tiffany: of course you are, because you’re my secretary right? Kekeke (both laugh)

 

Tiffany fixing her things in her desk, it’s already Friday and she almost done with her works so she plans to live early. She’s living early to surprise Miyoung. Tiffany called Taeyeon while driving.

 

Teayeon: yobosayo?

 

Tiffany: Taeyeon-ah!!!

 

Taeyeon: NEH!!! Whats up?

 

Tiffany: where are you?

 

Taeyeon: waeyo? Studio…but I will leave after 5 mins. to fetch Miyoung in school, waeyo?

 

Tiffany: no need…just for today kekeke

 

Taeyeon: are you sure? Oh I see your free today ha!!! Ok then…take care.

 

Tiffany: thanks!!!

 

Tiffany arrived and saw Miyoung for afar, she tries to hide from every corner she went to surprise her daughter. Tiffany slowly pocked Miyoung’s right shoulder. Miyoung who’s lonely that time sitting in the waiting area take a quick pick.

 

Miyoung: Omma! (pulling Tiffany for a hug)

 

Tiffany: surprise!!! (hug back)

 

Miyoung was surprise because she expected that her aunt Taeyeon and aunt Sooyoung will come to fetch her and she knows that her mom is very busy and no time to do this thing. Miyoung missed her mom so much because lately they don’t have time to talk to each other because Tiffany leave the house early in the morning and back at home late at night when she’s already asleep. When they given a time to talk they usually talk in phone and it only last for minutes.

 

In the car:

 

Tiffany: where do want to go?

 

Miyoung: Omma? Why did you fetch me instead of aunt Taeyeon and aunt Sooyoung? Aren’t you busy? Aunt Taeyeon and aunt Sooyoung told me that your busy person that’s why you don’t have time to fetch me. Tiffany stoped the car for a minute.

 

Tiffany: neh that’s  right…but I almost done with my work today, so I have a time to fetch you, aren’t you happy that mommy did this?

 

Miyoung: aniyo Omma…i’m so happy and I missed you already.

 

Tiffany: I miss you more baby…I’m really sorry for that, but I told you last time if I had a free time I will do anything just for you.

 

Miyoung shake her head means she’s agree with her mom.

 

Tiffany; so what do want to do first?

 

Miyoung: Omma I hungry can we just eat first?

 

Tiffany: Ok…me too…lets go!!!

 

Tiffany brought Miyoung in her favorite Italian restaurant. Tiffany and Miyoung loves to eat when they are hanging out this is the favorite bonding moment of them two. Its been a while since Tiffany go out with Miyoung so she wants to give everything to her daughter.

 

When they finish eating:

 

Miyoung: Omma? Can we go to amusement park or watch some movies sometimes with aunt Taeyeon and aunt Sooyoung, I missed doing that also.

 

Tiffany: oh its that so…maybe next time if we are all free. (smiling at Miyoung)

 

On their way home, Tiffany got a call.

 

Tiffany: yobosayo? (answering before start the engine of the car)

 

Mr. Cho: Ms. Hwang its Mr. Cho.

 

Tiffany: Mr. Cho, why you calling? (Miyoung staring at her mom)

 

Mr. Cho: its about the meeting with the Director. He wants to meet you tomorrow.

 

Tiffany:  tomorrow? What time?

 

Mr. Cho: 5 pm in V.I.P hotel…so can you go tomorrow?

 

Tiffany: ummm…ok I will be there. Kamsahamnida.

 

Mr. Cho: Ok see you tomorrow Ms. Hwang.

 

Miyoung give her mom a suspicious look

 

Miyoung: Omma, who’s that? are you going to a date tomorrow?

 

Tiffany: OMO!!! Aniyo…aniyo…what are you saying? Its not a date Miyoung its my client he wants to meet me to talk about…HEY why I’m trying to explain this…(wide eyes)

 

Miyoung silent but still she wants to know.

 

Tiffany: Ok…Miyoung its only part of my work…when you grow up and have a work you will do this things too (explaining.)

 

Miyoung: oh…I understand Omma…(still thinking…looking at the window of the car and cross her arms)

 

Tiffany: hey!!! stop that…your like an ajuma (laughing catching her breath)

 

Miyoung: I’m just wondering…OMMA!!! I’m not an ajumma don’t laugh at me.

 

Tiffany: Ok baby...(laughing)