Chapter 2

2nd Chance

 

It’s been 1 month since Miyoung start her first class. Part of the routine that Tiffany added to her list is taking Miyoung to school before she goes to work. Tiffany is very hard working person but she make sure that she has time to take care of her daughter. But for today Tiffany needs to go to her work early because she has a lot of appointment this week that she need to finish.

 

Tiffany wrote a letter form Miyoung

 

To my baby Miyoung,

                  

I’m sorry if I’m not able to take you to your school for this week. Mommy is having a lot of works to make and I need to go early. Don’t worry I will do anything that you want when I finish all my works. I’m really sorry baby. Mommy loves you always take care…be a good girl.

 

                                                                                    LOVE,

Mommy Tiffany<3

 

Tiffany asked Taeyeon and Sooyoung to take charge of Miyoung for this week, because of lots of work to do in her office.

 

Tiffany: Taeyeon-ah…Sooyoung-ssi…I’m sorry if I let two of you to take charge of Miyoung for this week, I’m really sorry for that. (deeply apologizing…while in hurry preparing for her things)

 

Taeyeon: it’s fine Fany-ah, you don’t need to say sorry… its our pleasure to take care of Miyoung. Miyoung is like our daughter too remember.

 

Sooyoung: you don’t need to worry… we will take care our Miyoung we promise.

 

Tiffany: I really…really love you guys, thank you so much. (hugging the two girls)

 

Taeyeon: Ok…OK…we know that already, just go now you said you need to go early. (pushed Tiffanys arm)

 

Tiffany: Ok I got to go…bye beautifuls. (wink…opened the door)

 

Sooyoung: YAH!!! You don’t need to say it…we know that already.

 

Tiffany waving her hand to her two bestfriends.

 

At the office. Tiffany sitting on her big table with laptop on, full of papers around her. This is not the first time that Tiffany work like a robot, that she didn’t feel anything just focused on her work. Because her goal is to finish all her work in time. As an event organizer Tiffany did a lot of researching to have many idea and new techniques in her profession.

 

On that day Tiffany was preparing for a big event and she need to submit an output report of how the event will look like. She don’t want disappoint her client so she strives so hard to make a good output of the event that she is doing. While she was doing her work her assistant Seohyun enter her office.

 

Seohyun: Tiffany-ssi? (knock on the door before entering)

 

Tiffany busy doing her work did not even hear the knock on the door. She stunned for a seconds.

 

Tiffany: NEH!!!! (almost shouting)

 

Seohyun: Oh I’m sorry if I scared you. (politely apologized)

 

Tiffany: no its fine, what is the problem? (stop for a minute)

 

Seohyun: Mr. Cho called and said if you can make an appointment meeting with them to present your output.

 

Tiffany: Ahhh…that?...sure when  is that?

 

Seohyun: tomorrow at 5 pm in the evening, he will send to your email  the exact address of the place.

 

Tiffany: Ok…thank you for informing me Seohyun.

 

Seohyun almost half of her way to the door and suddenly…

 

Seohyun: Tiffany-ssi? Do you want something to eat? It’s been 5 hours since you entered here in your office, lunch break already past still you don’t eat something. (worried)

 

Tiffany who is busy doing her things…frozen for a while.

 

Tiffany: No thank you…I don’t feel hungry, but thanks for asking. (immediately back to work)

 

Seohyun: jinja? Then call me if you need something ok!? (quickly get out of the room)

 

Its almost past 10:30 in the evening and all of the people in the building are gone, but for Tiffany her work was not over yet. In the middle of her work she notice something, when she entered her office she never open her phone until this time, so she grab her phone in her brown Hermes bag, when she open her phone she saw 20 missed call and 59 messages from Taeyeon and Sooyoung. Tiffany quickly dialed the number of Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon sitting in the sofa while watching some English movie…quickly answering her phone as she hear her ringtone (Twinkle by TaeTiSeo)

 

Taeyeon: Yoboseyo?

Tiffany: Taeyeon-ah!

 

Teayeon: Fany-ah why you take so long to call us and you didn’t even reply with our text messages? (angry voice)

 

Tiffany: sorry…I actually forgot that I have my phone with me, because of lot of things in my mind and many things to do here in my office.

 

Teayeon: stop covering yourself Fany-ah…you forgot that you have a daughter who is very worried and missed you. (continue nagging)

 

In the other line is Tiffany who started to be depressed of what she hearing from his friend.

 

Teayeon: not only Miyoung who is very worried…me and Sooyoung…you forgot that we are waiting for you too.

 

Tiffany: Teayeon-ah…I’m really sorry, I’m just busy lately that’s why I don’t have time to check my phone every now and then., but I don’t forgot you guys special Miyoung.

 

Teayeon completely stund of what she was saying to Tiffany.

 

Teayeon: where are you now? Are you already on your way home?

 

Tiffany: I’m here in my office, I’m going to go home now don’t worry, I’m just fixing my things.

 

Teayeon: ok then, Fany-ah I’m sorry for nagging you, drive safe…

 

Almost one hour and Tiffany reach their house. She parked her car and walk through the front door when suddenly she was grabbing her key in her bag somebody opens the door.

 

Sooyoung: Fany-ah your home!, do you notice the time or you don’t have any clock in your office…its already 12 mid night. (loud voice)

 

Tiffany: I’m so sorry.

 

Teayeon: Hey!!! You don’t need to shout Sooyoung. (entering the living room).

 

Tiffany: I’m really…really sorry Taeyeon-ah…Sooyoung-ssi. (hugging both of them)

 

Teayeon & Sooyoung: aigoo…I can’t breath (pushing Tiffany, touching their neck)

 

Taeyeon: OK!!! Just promise that you won’t do that again Fany-ah… we are so worried about you.

 

Tiffany: I promise (raising her right hand), by the why where’s Miyoung?

 

Sooyoung: ofcourse she’s sleeping now, it’s already 12:30 am.

 

Taeyeon: in her room (give Sooyoung a not so good look)

 

Tiffany: ok I will go to her room first.

 

Sooyoung: sure, but don’t wake her up she might cry.

 

 Tiffany: yup…(eyesmile)

 

Tiffany went upstairs to check Miyoung. She quietly open the door and led to the bed of Miyoung. Tiffany kissed the forehead of her daughter and whisper.

 

Tiffany: Hi baby…sorry if mommy have time to take care of you, I promise I will make up to you when I have my free time. Goodnight sleep well my angel. (kiss in the forehead).

______________________________________________________________________________________