Chapter 9

2nd Chance

 

That night Tiffany laying on her bed trying to convince herself to sleep. Her mind keeps reminding of all the thing that had happened to her this day, playing like a broke record keeps on repeating on her mind. She tries to calm herself and not to think. When she did not take it anymore, she went to her terrace to take a fresh air and calm herself.

 

“Fany-ah!”

 

“Oppa…(he hugged tightly)”

 

“whats the problem? Are you Ok!!! (the man holds Tiffany’s shoulder wear a very worried face)”

 

“Oppa…(crying)”

 

“Tiffany whats the problem?!? Say it!!!”

 

“I’m….preg-nant”

 

The man has nothing to say his speechless of what his hearing from Tiffany. He didn’t know what to say his completely frozen his hand are shaking, he wants to cry but his trying to fight his emotion.

 

“Oppa!!! What are we going to do?!?”

 

The man holds Tiffany as tight as he could, but nothings comes to his mouth, no single word.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Tiffany stood up form her bed and wiping her eyes from the tears running to her face. She dreamt again the moment that has happened 5 years ago. After all this time Tiffany is in the process of moving on of all the bad things happened in the past 5 years of her life. “Choi Siwon” the name that she will never forgot the man that gave her big heart ache and made her life miserable but gave him the most precious gift that she’s very thankful to have (Miyoung).

 

Tiffany and Siwon relationship was prefect that their friends are very jealous of. She never expect that this things will come the both of them.

 

Graduation day, the day that every student wish for. 1 week before the graduation day Tiffany confess to her 2 bestfriends Taeyeon and Sooyoung. At that time she didn’t want to break the happiness that fulfill her soul and even her friends, but she can’t take any longer to hide her problem.

 

Tiffany: guys I need to tell something (teary eyes)

 

Taeyeon and Sooyoung chatting that time, talked about the graduation day happily, but when Tiffany open to say that she need to tell something the atmosphere become quite.

 

Taeyeon: are you crying? What is that?

 

Sooyoung: yah! Fany-ah are you and Siwon Oppa had a fight?

 

Tiffany: no…its not like that…I’m pregnant (start to cry)

 

Taeyeon and Sooyoung don’t know what to reac, they are completely stunned of what Tiffany said.

 

Taeyeon: (blinking her eyes) w…hat?!? Your pregnant? Are you sure about that?

 

Tiffany: I’m sorry…if I surprise you with this news, but I’m sure about it.

 

Sooyoung: but? How did you know that your pregnant?

 

Tiffany: last time I went to the hospital, because I feel dizzy and vomiting for almost week.

 

Sooyoung: why Fany-ah…?!?! You told us it didn’t happen…(teary eyes)

 

Tiffany: I’m sorry if I lied to you guys…I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry if I’m stupid and not thinking of what I’m doing.

 

Taeyeon: your not stupid Tiffany…don’t say that.

 

Tiffany: I’m sorry if I ruin your day because of this, I just don’t want to hide it and I can take it anymore.

 

Sooyoung and Taeyeon moved closer to Tiffany to give her very warm hug to comfort their friend.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

 Tiffany went to the kitchen to have her breakfast. Taeyeon and Sooyoung preparing the food when Tiffany arrived.

 

Taeyeon: morning Fany!!! (placing a cup of coffee)

 

Tiffany: morning…(sleepy)

 

Sooyoung: your prefect timing…lets eat!!! OMO!!!…what happen to you? You cry?

 

Taeyeon: your eyes!!! (pointing the eyes of Tiffany) What happen?

 

Tiffany: (waving her both hands) aniyo…aniyo…

 

Sooyoung: your lying!!! You cried…

 

Taeyeon: what happen Tiffany?

 

Tiffany: guys its nothing…bad dream occurs (smile) lets eat were going to work right?!…Oh!!! Miyoung (leaving her sit)

 

Sooyoung: YAH!!! Fany-ah come back here, were not finish talking

 

Taeyeon: Miyoung have her late class for today so don’t wake her up…come back here…(pointing at the chair)

 

Tiffany: (scratching her head) ok fine…(pull a cup of coffee)

 

Sooyoung: tell us Fany…

 

Tiffany: its nothing…its just a stupid dream (eyesmile)

 

Taeyeon: jinja? even its stupid dream tell us…were waiting

 

Tiffany: actually…I dreamt about what happened last 5 years…I don’t know why I cried…stupid right?!?!

 

Sooyoung and Taeyeon met their eyes.

 

Taeyeon: your ok…right?

 

Tiffany: of course I am…its just a stupid dream (smile)

 

Sooyoung: your sure? (serious look)

 

Tiffany: neh…hey don’t look at me like I did a crime…I’m fine guys

 

Taeyeon: fine…if you said so…

 

Sooyoung: I hope that this is not the reason why you don’t date anybody for now…(looking at her plate)

 

Taeyeon: (kick Sooyoung’s foot) shh…(give a mad glance)

 

Sooyoung: AHHHHHH!!! What the!!! (touching her foot) YAH!!! Taeyeon-aaaahhhh!!!

 

Tiffany: hey stop!!!…I already moved on…it happened a long time ago. And can we eat without talking to that?

 

Taeyeon: neh…sorry Fany-ah…(looking at Sooyoung madly)

 

Sooyoung: Sorry…

 

Tiffany: hey!!! I’m not mad OK…and don’t apologize because of that.

 

After eating, Taeyeon and Tiffany went to Miyoungs room to check if she’s already awake, while Sooyoung wash the dishes. In their way to Miyoung’s room Taeyeon ask something.

 

Taeyeon: Tipani…I’m sorry, but can I ask you something?

 

Tiffany: neh…(stop walking) what is that Taeng?

 

Taeyeon: are you sure that you already move on? And what Sooyoung ask awhile ago…

 

Tiffany: Kim Taeyeon!!! (placing her hands Taeyeons shoulder) Of course I moved on already…and what Sooyoung asked me…its not the reason why I don’t date somebody right now…I just want to focus on my work and to Miyoung first before dating again.

 

Taeyeon: Hwang Stephanie…I’m not trying to enter your private life but I think its time to you to date again. Like what we’ve said to you last time, you need a man that will take care of you…the both of you (pointing at Miyoungs door).

 

Tiffany: dati-…(somebody interrupt)

 

Miyoung: omma…

Tiffany and Taeyeon shook their head.

 

Tiffany: baby…your awake! (hugged Miyoung)

 

Taeyeon: baby…hows sleep? You sleep well? (looking at Tiffany)

 

Miyoung: (shook her head means yes)

 

Tiffany: baby you want to eat now?

 

Miyoung: I don’t want to…Omma?!? Are you dating somebody now?

 

Tiffany: omo!!! Baby…you hear us talking right? (look at Taeyeon)

 

Miyoung: not really…I don’t mean to listen what you and auntie Taeyeon are talking about.

 

Taeyeon: omo!!!

 

Tiffany: its fine baby…

 

Miyoung: omma…your dating somebody now? Who is it?

 

Tiffany: (eyes open wide) aniyo…im not dating…your too young for this conversation Ok…

 

Miyoung: ok I’m sorry…omma (hugged Tiffany)

 

After that conversation. Taeyeon apologize to Tiffany because of what happen a while ago.

 

Taeyeon: Fany-ah sorry for that…

 

Tiffany: its fine Taeyeon-ah…I understand that you only care for me keke…thank you for that. Don’t worry if its time for me to date someone I will tell you (wink)

The girls are very busy preparing for going to work and school. Taeyeon and Sooyoung fixing their staff, Tiffany preparing the things for Miyoung fixing her school bag, while Miyoung sitting in her bed.

 

Tiffany: baby…did you do your assignment?

 

Miyoung: neh…omma are taking me to school? Can you drive me to school before you go to your work?

 

Tiffany: (thinking deeply) baby…if I insist are going to be mad at me? I’m not supposed to be late for today…(sad face)

 

Miyoung: aniyo…its fine omma…(sadly got her bag)

 

Tiffany didn’t want to see Miyoung that way because its break her heart and she’s going to be depress for the rest of the day by seeing her daughter sad. But she needs to go to work and not being late. Before she left the room she called Mr. Cho.

 

Mr. Cho: yobosayeo?

 

Tiffany: Mr. Cho its Tiffany…good morning (smile)

 

Mr. Cho: Ms. Hwang, good morning too, why you call?

 

Tiffany: ahmmm…can I asked something, can I be late for today? I just need to do some things that is very important, can I?

 

Mr. Cho: Ms. Hwang, its fine…even if you did not ask a permission. If its very important then go…I will tell Director that your going to be late…don’t worry his not going to be angry with that.

 

Tiffany: oh great…thank you Mr. Cho…don’t worry I will do my best to be there before 1…kamsahamnida. (eyesmile)

 

Mr. Cho: don’t be in hurry Ms. Hwang take your time…we’re doing great here…no need to worry, Ok!

Tiffany: kamsahamnida…bye.

 

When she got to the living room, she saw Miyoung with her bag on sitting in the sofa and her two friends are ready too go.

 

Taeyeon: Fany-ah…are you going now?

 

Tiffany: neh…(eyesmile)

 

Taeyeon: ok…(confuse) why you smile like that?

 

Sooyoung: (looking at Tiffany) Tipani? You look so different from what you look when you wake up this morning…

 

Tiffany: Yah…you think I’m out of my mind? Miyoung lets go your going to be late…(picking up Miyoung to the sofa)

 

Taeyeon: what? your going to be late to your work (really confuse)

 

Sooyoung: your driving Miyoung to school?

 

Tiffany: ok stop asking me question…its fine if I’m going to be late for today…lets go baby.

 

Before going to their car Taeyeon and Sooyoung lead Miyoung to Tiffany’s car.

 

Taeyeon: bye…bye baby (kiss in the forehead)

 

Sooyoung: (kiss Miyoung’s cheek) Tipani…drive safe ok…bye bye baby listen to your teacher ok…we will see you later OK…

 

Tiffany: (smile) ok…lets go?! Bye guys see you later…(fly a kiss)

 

On their way to school:

 

Miyoung: omma…I thought your going to be late in your work? Why you driving me to school?

 

Tiffany: no its fine…if I’m going to be late for today…I ask permission to my boss…(smile)

 

After any minute Tiffany and Miyoung arrived. She lead Miyoung to her room.

 

Tiffany: baby…are you listening to your teacher very well?

 

Miyoung: yes I did…(smile)

 

Tiffany: very good…be nice to your classmate always ha! Don’t make a fight its bad…(pat Miyoungs head)

 

Miyoung: yes…omma I’m very good in class and I have many starts always…auntie Taeyeon and auntie Sooyoung always buy me something if I have stars when I got home.

 

Tiffany: jinja? that’s very good…keep it up ok baby…next time I will treat you anything that you like…I’m very pround of you. (caressing Miyoung face)

 

Teacher Yoona: annyeonghasayeo Ms. Hwang and Miyoung (waving her hand)

 

Tiffany: annyeong Ms. Im (smile)

 

Teacher Yoona: long time no see Ms. Hwang how are you?

 

Tiffany: yes…long time no see Ms. Im…I’m great, you?

 

Teacher Yoona: I’m great too…I hear what Miyoung told you…

 

Miyoung: omma…can I go to my room now?

 

Tiffany: sure baby…be a good girl Ok!

 

Miyoung: bye omma…(kiss her mom)

 

Tiffany: (face again Teacher Yoona) neh…she told me that she’s doing well.

 

Teacher Yoona: neh…that’s right, she’s very smart girl and very friendly, she’s one of most outstanding student.

 

Tiffany: wow…I’m so proud of her…(eyesmiling)

 

Teacher Yoona: yes you are…keke and I notice that she’s like an adult when she talk to class and I’m very amuse by her.

 

Tiffany: neh…even when she in house she talk like that…actually we called her an ahjumma…kekeke

 

Teacher Yoona: jinja? kekeke she’s really awesome…oh its time (looking at her watch) is nice seeing you again Ms. Hwang…bye for now. (bow her head)

 

Tiffany: kamsahamnida…(bow her head)

 

Tiffany is really a very pround mom when she hear that Miyoung did  very good in school, but she’s sad because she has less time to bond to her daughter. So she plans to treat Miyoung this upcoming Friday, to gave a reward for Miyoung hard working.

 

On her way to the V.I.P hotel, she got a text message from Sooyoung.

 

To: Fany

 

          Hwang Tiffany, mood swing ha!?! You take Miyoung to schoo, are you going to pick her up too? Just asking J hey I’m just curious what goes to your mind and you can say its fine to go to your work late? Its my first time to hear that to you…I’m getting more suspicious in you Tiffany >J, by the way take care and have a nice day, even though I know you have a nice day for today :P

 

From: Sooyoung

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Staffs: its nice to see you Ms. Hwang (bow their heads)

 

Tiffany: its nice to see you too (bow her head)

 

Everyone in the venue are in their good mood today, its maybe because the venue is in a full furnish look, little amount of effort and its already done. Tiffany is very happy to see the place is in the good track and all of them are helping one another to finish it on time. All of them are now comfortable with each other and they able to open a good topic to talk about. For Tiffany this the best part of her work being a friend for everyone.

 

After checking the whole venue Tiffany went to her temporary office to fix her things. She has 4 days left and she’s completely finish with her work in the hotel. In her way she met Lee Seungri the head receptionist in the V.I.P hotel.

 

Mr. Lee: annyeonghasayeo Ms. Hwang (bow his head)

 

Tiffany: Mr. Lee! Annyeonghasayeo (bow her head)

 

Mr. Lee: how are you?

 

Tiffany: great…what about you?

 

Mr. Lee: great!!! Oh by the way congratulation you really did a great work in the venue. Its very beautiful.

 

Tiffany: kamsahamnida…

 

Mr. Lee: only few days left and you will finish working here. I’m really sad about it.

 

Tiffany: (shy) neh only 4 days left and I’m finish here…but don’t worry I can see you all even if I finish working here.

 

Mr. Lee: neh that’s right…thank you for being a nice person to us Ms. Hwang. (bow his head)

 

Tiffany: Thank you too for being nice too me. Its really a great pleasure to work you all.

 

Tiffany heading to her office when see saw Mr.Cho and Director Choi walking in her way.

 

Tiffany: annyeonghasayeo Director Choi and Mr, Cho (eyesmile)

 

Mr. Cho: oh!!! Ms. Hwang you’re here now...i’m so happy to see you today.

 

Director Choi: annyeonghasayeo Ms. Hwang (bow his head)

 

Mr. Cho: are you going to your office?

 

Tiffany: neh…I will fix my things there.

 

Mr. Cho: why? but you have 4 days left…is to early for fixing your things.

 

Tiffany: day past so fast…so I think I can fix it now (smile)

 

Mr. Cho: you don’t have to fix it now…lets go with us (smile devily)

 

Derictor Choi: neh…I think Mr. Cho is right you don’t need to fix your thing right now you have few days here.

 

Mr. Cho: neh…right! (looking at Director Choi)

 

Tiffany: I guess so…kekeke (shyly laugh)

 

Director Choi: Ms. Hwang lets go with us in the venue, I think they need you there.

 

Mr. Cho leading the two to the venue. Mr. Cho feel happy because of what Director Choi showing to Tiffany.

 

In the venue:

 

Staff and Crew: annyeonghasayeo Director Choi, Mr. Cho and Ms. Hwang.

 

Director Choi: (bow his head)

 

Mr. Cho: all of you can you come here all!!! Director Choi wants to say something.

 

All of them went in front to hear what Director Choi’s announcement.

 

Director Choi: ehemm (clearing his throat) ok listen…few days left and the 60th anniversary of our hotel will be celebrating. I’m very happy to see you working in a very nice way without any problem and even its not that finish I like to say thank you to each one of you (bow his head) specially Ms. Hwang (looking at Tiffany) you really did a great job and I’m really thankful of having you as our event organizer. I know this is not our last day to work but I want you to know that I really appreciate your hard work. Kamsahamnida (bow his head)

 

Even the Staff and Crew and Mr. Cho bow their head and thank Tiffany to her hard work in organizing this event. She’s really stunned of what she’s seeing and hearing with the people around her. She wants to cry because of the happiness inside her.

 

Tiffany: (teary eyes) ahmmm…I don’t know what to say, but thank you to all of you for giving me a comfortable place to work and you all are very nice to me. Kamsahamnida. (bow her head)

 

Director Choi: lets work no pressure now…its all ready done here so lets slow down for this left day. Thank you again for your cooperation.

 

Everybody give them self a big round of applause because of their hard work for this event. Director Choi gave a small feast for the staff and crew of the event to thank them in advance. While their enjoying their food Mr. Cho talk to Tiffany.

 

Mr. Cho: Ms. Hwang I want to say thank you to the hard work with this event without you we can’t have this kind of setting and organization.

 

Tiffany: Mr. Cho its part of my work and thank you also (bow her head)

 

Mr. Cho: Ms. Hwang, I want to ask you something for a long time now, and I think this is the right time. (serious look)

 

Tiffany: (quiet nervous because of the look Mr. Cho gave to her) neh…what is that?

 

Mr. Cho: can…we…be…friends? (smile)

 

Tiffany: (laugh) what? of course we can Mr. Cho, your so funny.

 

Mr. Cho: jinja? kamsahamnida, by the way if we are going to be friends now you I don’t like you to call Mr. Cho. You can call me Kyuhyun…so we friends now?

 

Tiffany: (shy) kekeke Ok Mr,…Oh I mean Kyu-hyun…and for me you can call me Tiffany but my friends call me Fany kekeke…(shake a hand)

In the middle of conversation of Tiffany and Kyuhyun somebody cut their talking.

 

D. Choi: ehem…(smile at the two) can I interrupt?

 

Kyuhyun: neh…Director (smile)

 

Tiffany: Director Choi!

 

D. Choi: so you ask her? (looking at Kyuhyun)

 

Kyuhyun: neh…were friends now…right Tiffany…?

 

Tiffany: (confuse) ahhh…nehh…(smile)

 

D. Choi: so its my turn now? (looking at Kyuhyun)

 

Kyuhyun: I think so Seunghyun…(devil smile) so I will leave you first (tap Director Choi’s shoulder)

 

Tiffany feel her blood through her face, and she can move her body.

 

D. Choi: Ms. Hwang…ahmmm first I like to say thank you again for what you’ve done. I really thankful to have you as our event organizer.

 

Tiffany:  w…e…ll…thank you too for choosing me us your event organizer.

 

D. Choi: Secondly…can we be friends?

 

Tiffany: (stunned) of…course we can (shy)

 

D. Choi: jinja? Well I know were not close enough like you and Kyuhyun but I like to know you more…as friends if you want too…(smile)

 

Tiffany: Director It my pleasure to know you too more (blushing)

 

D. Choi: and I more thing Ms. Hwang, can you call me Seunghyun I feel more comfortable with my first name than my family name.

 

Tiffany: neh…but Director Choi your one of the owner of this hotel and if I call you that it looks like I don’t respect you as the Director of this hotel.

 

D. Choi: I understand, but if where not inside of this hotel maybe in the future we see each other outside…please call me Seunghyun OK?

 

Tiffany: (blushing) of course I will do that…but by now I will call you Director Choi…Ok?

 

D. Choi: OK!!! (raising his left hand for a high five)

 

Tiffany: (snap the hands of Director Choi) (eyesmile)

 

______________________________________________________________________________________