Chapter 10

2nd Chance

 

Only 1 day left before the celebration of V.I.P Hotel of their 60th anniversary. All the staff and crew who’s in the venue are busy in polishing all the mat­­erials that will be use for tomorrows party, some of them are excited while the others are nervous of what the President say about this whole thing, because they know that the President is very meticulous and perfectionist when it comes to his company. Director Choi and Mr. Cho are busy in walking around the whole venue to check if its in all good condition. Mr. Cho notice something weird with their Director every single second Director Choi took a glace at his wrist watch, he don’t know why their Director acting really uneasy for this day.

 

Mr. Cho: I think everything is all set now, just small polishing and its almost done (looking at Director Choi with a very serious look)

 

Director Choi not even noticed Mr. Cho presence and just looked at every corner of the venue.

 

Mr. Cho: Director Choi? (tap the shoulder) are you ok? Anything bothering you?

 

D. Choi: neh…? (look at Mr. Cho) aniyo…aniyo…

 

Mr. Cho: you sure?

 

D. Choi: neh I’m just analyzing if its all ready done

 

Mr. Cho: ahhh…its that what your thinking? Jinja?

 

D. Choi: YES!!! why? what do you think I’m thinking of?

 

Mr. Cho: I’m not saying anything, why are so defensive huh?

 

D. Choi: I’m not!!! You stares at me like you wouldn’t believe in me.

 

Mr. Cho: (laugh) ok chill…your acting weird today Director (tapping D. Choi shoulder and walk away)

 

D. Choi: why his always look at me that way and say that I act weird, do I act really weird? (asking some staff, but he gets no answer instead of blank stares at the staff beside him)

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Everybody who’s in the venue was shocked of what they actually seeing now. The President of V.I.P hotel entering the venue looked very serious of what they are doing, even Director Choi and Mr. Cho was shocked to their early surprise guess for today. They did not expect that the President will visit at this time all they know is he will be arriving for tomorrows party.

 

Staff and crew lining up give the President a warm welcome and respect, they bowed their heads.

 

D. Choi: (bow his head) President welcome back. You surprise us, we thought that you will be here by tomorrow. You should told me that your coming today.

 

P. Choi: actually this is my plan…to surprise you all, to see how you prepare this event. For what I see now you prepared and organized it well. Director Choi can you walk with me?

 

D. Choi: neh!!! (leading his way)

 

Director Choi tour the President inside the big venue while discussing the whole procedure that they did.

 

P. Choi: (tap D. Choi’s shoulder) I was very impress that you actually manage to do this event without asking me any help.

 

D. Choi: kamsahamnida, President. You give the responsibility to me so I just do my part and this event will not to be organized as you see without asking any help.

 

P. Choi: that’s nice…that you actually do your best your best in everything that you do and take your responsibilities very well. By the way where’s your event organizer?

 

D. Choi: kamsahamnida…actually she’s not here, but she will be here any time now.

 

P. Choi: araso…maybe tomorrow where going to meet, can you introduce me to her?

 

D. Choi: what?!?!...neh…i will.

 

P. Choi: (smile) Good! I think you all do your best and I’m very impress with that. I’m looking forward for tomorrow’s celebration. Its nice to see your hard work. I will see you again tomorrow. I’m going now (bow his head)

 

D. Choi: President! Thank you.

 

P. Choi: neh…Director Choi can you lead me to my office?

 

D. Choi: neh…

 

Director Choi and President Choi went to the office, while Tiffany finally arrived in the venue. Mr. Cho left in the place walk close to Tiffany to great her.

 

Mr. Cho: annyeonghasayeo Ms. Hwang!

 

Tiffany: Annyeonghasayeo…I’m sorry if I’m late.

 

Mr. Cho: its fine…Ms. Hwang the President came here and his very impresses of what you did.

 

Tiffany: jinja? wait! What I did? Mr. Cho its what we did. Actually I cant do this without your help. I’m happy that he likes it.

 

Mr. Cho: hehehe…but you’re the one who make it organize. Neh…we are happy too.

 

Tiffany: so where is he now?

 

Mr. Cho: in his office with Director Choi, and one thing he likes to meet you (smile)

 

Tiffany: jinja!?!? (nervous)

 

Mr. Cho: neh…don’t be so nervous Ms. Hwang, President is nice.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

In the office:

 

D. Choi: when did you come back?

 

P. Choi: yesterday…with your mom

 

D. Choi: jinja!? and you didn’t inform me?

 

P. Choi: because I want to have a surprise visit. What’s the problem with that?

 

D. Choi: nothing…is just…maybe you informed me.

 

P. Choi: its not important anymore…how are you my son?

 

D. Choi: I’m fine

 

P. Choi: I’m happy to see you again, its been month since we see each other. I’m glad that your fine.

 

D. Choi: me too appa, how’s omma?

 

P. Choi: she’s fine too but she misses you so much that’s why I want to asked you something

 

D. Choi: neh…what is that?

 

P. Choi: can you come home tonight in our house. I want to have a dinner with you together with your mom.

 

D. Choi: (stop for a second) araso…I will go home tonight.

 

After President Choi leave the hotel Director Choi get back at the venue, only a few steps entering the venue he saw a beautiful figure that made his heart beat a little faster, he actually feel that somethings going on a little weird feeling. On his way Mr. Cho cut him.

 

Mr. Cho: Director where’s President is he left already?

 

Director Choi: (blank face and stares at Tiffany)

 

Mr. Cho: Director Choi?!?! (snap a finger) HEY!!! What are you looking at? Are you listening?

 

D. Choi: (blinking his eyes and give a quick response)Neh? Whats that again?

 

Mr. Cho: ahhh jinja??? I said if the president left already?

 

D. Choi: uhm…that…yes he left now, why?

 

Mr. Cho: nothing just asking…Director is she beautiful today ha?

 

D. Choi: who? (looked around like he don’t know what Mr. Cho meant)

 

Mr. Cho: aigoo!!! Haha you asking me who? Like I don’t know who caught your attention…YAH!!! Seunghyun…are you already into her? Admit it!!!

 

D. Choi: hahaha…what are you saying…I’m not!!!

 

Mr. Cho: wow…your such a coward, you know that? I know that you like her already…the way you look at her, the way you treated her, its very different from how you treat female staff and crew here.

 

D. Choi: what? coward? Me?  I’m not coward and I treated all of them fair!
 

Mr. Cho: Director Choi (tapping the shoulder) can I gave you an advice…as a friend I want you to be happy. I know that you like Ms. Hwang so don’t deny it…its obvious. You know what? girls hated boys with that kind of attitudes like what are you showing now being coward and stupid. If I were you I will ask her to go out with me and besides your not teenagers anymore your all in your right age…Seunghyun you better moved on. Start dating again.

 

Tiffany: annyeonghasayeo!!! (interrupt the conversation)

 

Mr. Cho: annyeong…(bow his head)

 

Tiffany: I’m sorry…did I interrupt you both?

 

Mr. Cho: aniyo…your always in a good timing Ms. Hwang, we are finish talking…I got to go inside the hotel I will leave first Ok! (tap D. Choi shoulder and whisper) don’t waste it…I know you want her. Ok I got to go…bye!!!

 

Tiffany: (curious) Bye!

 

Director Choi who’s completely blank at this moment and internalizing what Mr. Cho said to him.

 

Tiffany: (notice that D. Choi is thinking something and she knew that’s from Mr. Cho whisper before leaving) Director are you ok? (touch the arm)

 

D. Choi: (don’t know what he feel, the touch of Tiffany made his body freeze) w…ha-t? neh…neh…

 

Tiffany: are you sure? (eyesmile)

 

D. Choi: (“her eyes…I love how she smile”) ehm…neh I’m fine

 

Tiffany: OK! By the way sorry for being late for today (bow her head)

 

D. Choi: its fine you don’t have to apologize…Ms. Hwang ahmmm…

 

Tiffany: neh?

 

D. Choi: well…President visited the venue today and he likes it a lot, his very impressed of what you did.

 

Tiffany: neh…Mr. Cho already said that to me, I’m very glad that he likes it. I’m not the only one who work very hard to attain this, we all are. I’m happy to hear that (eyesmile)

 

D. Choi: i…i...think you have a point, but thank you.

 

Tiffany: welcome…its my job Director. So can I excuse myself for a moment I have to check something.

 

D. Choi: araso…Oh! Ms. Hwang President want to meet you tomorrow. I just what you to know…

 

Tiffany: ok…thank you for informing me (bow her head and walk ahead)

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Its been a month since Seunghyun visited his parents house. He grew up in this house and made many memories that is very memorable to him, but when he got his right age he decided to live in his own. Choi Seunghyun is a very independent man even when he was a kid his parent notice that he can live all by his self. He is the only child of his parents that’s way his mom don’t like the fact that Seunghyun is independent even his dad.

 

Seunghyun entered the house. He felt happy to see again his childhood house and came into his mind all the memories that he had in this place. The house is still the same nothing change and that is the reason why he felt happy.

 

P. Choi: welcome home!!!

 

Seunghyun: President!!!

 

P. Choi: your not in the hotel anymore (smile) Seunghyun…

 

Seunghyun: (laugh) I’m sorry…Appa

 

P. Choi: (hug Seunghyun tight) I got no chance to hug you in the office…I really miss you my son.

 

Seunghyun: (hug back) (smile) I miss you too appa…

 

P. Choi: so how would you feel that your finally home now?

 

Seunghyun: I’m happy…I miss this house (breath deep)

 

P. Choi: I’m happy too that your finally home Seunghyun…Thank you that you came home tonight.

 

Seunghyun: its nothing appa…and I want to see omma too that’s why I came home tonight.

 

P. Choi: (smile) your mom is in our room, shes resting…

 

Seunghyun: is she sleeping?

 

P. Choi: I think shes awake now…you can go to our room if you want to.

 

Seunghyun: Ok…

 

P. Choi: Seunghyun…change first and we will eat our dinner later

 

Seunghyun: neh…

 

Seunghyun change his clothes, he wear a plain white t-shirt and grey pajama his favorite outfit when his home. Before he went out of his room somebody knock on the door.

 

Knock…knock…

 

Seunghyun: come in!!!

 

Mrs. Choi: Seunghyun!!! (hug Seunghyun tightly)

 

Seunghyun: Omma!!! (hug back) wait,..wait I cant breath…

 

Mrs. Choi: (touch the face) I’m sorry…I just miss my baby (kiss in the cheek)

 

Seunghyun: Omma…I’m not baby anymore (big husky voice)

 

Mrs. Choi: I know…but you’re my baby until now…I really miss you my son (hug again)

 

Seunghyun: (smile) omma I miss you too…I’m sorry for not calling you I just busy

 

Mrs. Choi: I know Seunghyun…I know…

 

Dinner time, this the favorite binding time of Choi’s family, this is the only time that their family are going to be complete and this is the time that they going to talk about different things. But before they going to eat they are praying to thank god for all the blessing that they have.

 

P. Choi: lets eat…

 

Mrs. Choi: wow I cant believe it we are eating again together I’m so happy. Seunghyun thank you that you came home.

 

Seunghyun: Omma…its nothing…I’m happy too

 

President Choi and Mrs. Choi really miss their son that much so they get this chance to talk and bond with Seunghyun. After eating dinner President Choi brought a bottle of red wine.

 

P. Choi: lets celebrate…(open the bottle of wine)

 

Seunghyun: for what?

 

Mrs. Choi: for you! because you came home tonight…i know this is not the last time that we are going to do this but I we want to celebrate it.

 

P. Choi: and not just that…this is an early celebration for our company, tomorrow is our 60th anniversary right? I’m happy that you really did a great job in organizing that event my son.

 

Seunghyun: even me! I never thought that I can manage that…its my first time to organize an event…but I admit it I can do that without asking any help…without Ms. Hwang.

 

P. Choi: neh…I know!!! (putting some wine in the glass) you know what she’s very good in organizing an event. I saw the proposal report that she gave…and I can say that she is professional in her work.

 

Seunghyun: neh…she is…but how did you get a copy?

 

P. Choi: Mr. Cho…his the one who reporting every steps that you did in the event…I told him to do that to keep me updated, I know you cant do that so I ask him.

 

Mrs. Choi: neh…your Oppa always called Mr. Cho for an update

 

Seunghyun: wow appa…you owe my secretary so much ah…

 

P. Choi: of course…Seunghyun?!? Tell us about Ms. Hwang?

 

Seunghyun: what?!?! why? I don’t know her that much…(laugh) don’t tell me Kyuhyun told you that thing?

 

P. Choi: of course he did…so whats with her? Do you like Ms. Hwang?

 

Mrs. Choi: is she beautiful? Is she kind? What tell us…

 

Seunghyun: why are you interested to her…?

 

Mrs. Choi: nothing…we thought that you like her…I’m happy if your happy Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun: (devil laugh) that Kyuhyun!!! Lets don’t talk about it…she’s only my friend and our event organizer.

 

P. Choi: you never answer our question…Seunghyun!!!
 

 

Seunghyun: what? Ok fine…she’s pretty and kind...hard working

 

Mrs. Choi: you like her?

 

Seunghyun: omma!!! Ok lets stop here…i’m not a kid anymore. If I like her then lets see…and besides you will know if I date someone. So lets don’t talk about anything her.

 

And they talk about something else that is very far from Seunghyun’s private life. They talk about the celebration for tomorrow and how they organize the event ect. Until the conversation went to the guests list.

 

P. Choi: what about the guests for tomorrow?

 

Seunghyun: that one…you remember you got me an email of guest I just follow that.

 

P. Choi: good…

 

Mrs. Choi: Ms. and Mr. Jung...they are going for tomorrow?

 

P. Choi: neh…I think they are (looking at Seunghyun)

 

Mrs. Choi: I think I have to say this to him…(look at P. Choi)

 

P. Choi: aniyo…don’t… lets take a rest now tomorrow is going to be a busy day to us.

 

Seunghyun: aniyo…tell me what is that? (look very serious to his parents) tell me…Omma!!!
 

 

Mrs. Choi: that!!! nothing just forget it…lets take a rest now

 

Seunghyun: Omma!!! Please say it!!! Its about Jessica right? What about her? Is anything bad happened to her?

 

Mrs. Choi: a…ni…yo…its just she visit us last week before we are going back here in Seoul…and she was asking about you.

 

P. Choi: that’s it…she just want to know if your fine…ok lets rest now…(stand to his chair)

 

Seunghyun: is she alright there in America?

 

Mrs. Choi: neh she is…she’s working their…I’m sorry if---

 

Seunghyun: (smile) its fine omma…I glad she’s doing great their, thanks for informing me.

 

Mrs. Choi: neh…lets go to bed now…

 

Seunghyun: araso…I will be going to bed soon I will just stay for a minute here.

 

P.Choi: ok then good night…

 

Mrs. Choi: good night (kiss Seunghyun’s forehead)

 

“oppa!!!”

 

“neh”

 

“you love me right?”

 

“what?”

 

“just answer me…Oppa?!?!”

 

“of course I love you Jessica”

 

Jessica hug Seunghyun tight as she could

 

“Oppa!!! I’m sorry” (crying)

 

“Why are you saying sorry?…are you crying ha!?!?!”

 

“aniyo…aniyo…Oppa just hug me”

 

“Jessica…is there something wrong? Did I hurt you or something?”

 

“Oppa…(break the hug) don’t get mad at me if I will do this OK!!!”

 

“I don’t understand Sica…what are saying?”

 

Pull out the ring in her finger “Oppa…I’m sorry but I can’t do this”

“I know you want to settle down…to get married…b-ut…I don’t think that I’m ready to do this…its not that I don’t love you, I love you with all my heart you know that right…?!?! I just…I need time to think…”(give back the ring)

 

“its fine Sica…but please don’t cry… I will wait until your ready to get married---“

 

“no oppa don’t wait for me!!! Please…”

 

“are you breaking up with me?!?! No please don’t”

 

“neh…oppa…I will go back to America…I know this is going to be hard for us…but I think this is the better way…its not your fault, its mine…I want to break up with you”

 

“no Jessica I cant…I love you so much…if this is because of the marriage thing I’m sorry if I rush you…I just don’t do that in front of many people…I’m sorry, but please don’t break up with me…”

 

“its not because of that…I’m really happy that you did that, but I think we need a break…Oppa listen to me, if we are really ment for each other even if we are in different dimension we are going to see each other again…I really love you Oppa…I really do, but I need a break, I’m sorry if I’m not that strong” (crying)

 

Seunghyun did know what to say, without Jessica in his life it is non-sense, he don’t know the feeling without Jessica on his side, he want to die now already.

 

“Oppa…I’m sorry (Jessica pull Seunghyun for a deep kiss…and then she run)”

 

Seunghyun almost collapse and do nothing but to cry with all his pain. He want to run after Jessica but he feel his knees so weak and he can’t even walk.

 

__________________________________________________________________

hi guys...sorry for my late update 2nd semester already start...hope you will enjoy this chapter even if its locking of what...i dont know hehe...i will try my best to update soon, THANKS FOR READING MY STORY!!!

i hope you will read it until the end...

 

LEAVE ANY COMMENT OR SUDGGESTION if you want!!!

 

I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO MY SUNBAE if you notice i already have my poster she made it for me...THANK YOU Silver_Serpent :)

HWAITING!!!