Chapter 7

2nd Chance

 

1 week left and the 60th anniversary of V.I.P hotel will celebrate. All of the staff and crew are more busy than the first week because all of the materials are all delivered and they need to assemble and fix the whole things that will be used in the event. Tiffany busy on guiding some crew in arranging the lights and some electronic materials in the venue. Also Mr. Cho and Director Choi help guiding the staff and crew of what will they do next. Tiffany who is busy doing her things her phone rang.

 

Tiffany: yobosayeo? (she use her shoulder to support her phone while checking the papers in her hands)

 

Seohyun: Tiffany-ssi the invitations are here.

 

Tiffany: jinja? how many invitations are there?

 

Seohyun: 4 boxes.

 

Tiffany: Seohyun-ssi can you deliver it here? I cant go there anymore were very busy. Can you?

 

Seohyun: neh…alright I will go now…bye.

 

Tiffany: kamsahamnida.

 

Tiffany went to Mr. Cho to asked something.

 

Tiffany: Mr. Cho, can you do me a favor?

 

Mr. Cho: Neh…what is it?

 

Tiffany: my secretary, she will be here any minute to deliver the invitation. Can you help her to take the invitations?

 

Mr. Cho: sure…I will wait for her at the entrance of the hotel just told her. By the way whats the name?

 

Tiffany: kamsahamnida…her name is Seo Seohyun.

 

Mr. Cho: ok then…I will go now…

 

Tiffany: thank you very much (bow her head)

 

Tiffany try to help decorating the stage she went up to the ladder and trying to reach for the curtain, when suddenly she fell and lost her balance, she had nothing to do but only to scream, but instead of falling onto the floor somebody rescued her. Director Choi catch Tiffany form falling but when she catch her, he was the one who fall in the ground almost laying but his carrying Tiffanys body. Everybody in the venue was shock of what happened and stop for what they doing, all of them ran to help Tiffany and Director Choi.

 

D. Choi: Ms. Hwang?!?! Are you hurt…are you alright? (very worried)

 

Tiffany: N…e…h…(still in shocked)

 

Tiffany and Director Choi faces are really close to each other.

 

D. Choi: are you sure?!?!

 

The people around them try to help them both to stand up.

 

Tiffany: Director I’m really sorry,…(in panic) you?!? Are you hurt or something? (Tiffany touching the arms of Director Choi)

 

D. Choi: aniyo…I’m fine…(hold tiffany’s two wrist) just take some rest first.

 

Director Choi bring Tiffany a chair and bottle of water.

 

D. Choi: are you sure your not hurt? (kneel down)

 

Tiffany: neh…kamsahamnida…(drunk some water)

 

D. Choi: Ok…(pat Tiffany’s arm) just stay here and get some rest I will take charge of what you’re doing.

 

Tiffany had nothing to say she just nod and stare Director Choi as he walk.

 

Mr. Cho is waiting at the entrance of the Hotel because he will help Seohyun for picking up the invitation. A few minutes left and Secretary Seohyun came, she came out of her car and asked some employees of the hotel.

 

Seohyun: annyeonghasayeo (bow her head) can I ask?

 

Girl staff: (bow her head) annyeonghasayeo…neh what is that?

 

Seohyun: where can I find Mr. Cho Kyuhyun?

 

G. staff: Mr. Cho? his here somewhere (searching) …oh his there came with me. (Seohyun follow)

 

G. staff: Mr. Cho somebody’s want to see you (lead her hands at the left side were Seohyun is)

 

Seohyun: annyeonghasayeo (bow her head)

 

Mr. Cho: annyeong…hasayeo (In his mind this is Ms. Seo the secretary of Ms. Hwang…she never told me that her secretary is very beautiful) you must be Ms. Seo Seohyun, the secretary of Ms. Hwang?

 

Seohyun: neh…I’m Seo Seohyun nice to meet you. (smile and bow her head)

 

Mr. Cho: (bright smile) nice to meet you too…I’m Cho Kyuhyun (hand shake)

 

Seohyun: the invitations are in my car…so…(Mr. Cho holding her hand)

 

Mr. Cho: ahh…neh…neh…(let go of the hand) lets go to your car.

 

Mr. Cho and Seohyun take the invitation and bring it to the venue where Tiffany is. When they got there the staff and crew are so busy there are walking around fixing things. It was a busy place. Director Choi noticed Mr. Cho in the place so he walk and check what are the boxes for.

 

D. Choi: Mr. Cho you’re here now…whats that boxes?

 

Mr. Cho: neh…this…ow its our invitations…its all done, by the way Director I like you to meet Ms. Seo secretary of Ms. Hwang (smiling)

 

D. Choi: annyeonghasayeo Ms. Seo (bow his head)

 

Seohyun: annyeonghasayeo Director (bow her head)

 

Mr. Cho: actually she brought the invitation here.

 

D. Choi: jinja?! kamsahamnida Ms. Seo…lets put it there (pointing in the corner of the stage)

 

Seohyun & Mr. Cho: neh…

 

Seohyun: by the way where’s Ms. Hwang?

 

Mr. Cho: mmm…where is she?

 

D. Choi: she’s taking some rest…she’s there actually.

 

Seohyun first put the box in the table then she went were Tiffany having her rest. Before we got there Director Choi told them what happened.

 

Seohyun: Tiffany-ssi? Are you alright?

 

Tiffany: oh! Seohyun you’re here now…neh I’m fine…don’t worry (give a smile)

 

D. Choi: are you sure?(cut in)

 

Seohyun & Tiffany: Director…

 

Tiffany: neh I’m fine nothing to worry (smile)

 

Mr. Cho: jinja?

 

Tiffany: neh…I will back now to work Seohyun-ah can you help me?

 

Seohyun: absolutely…

 

D. Choi: aniyo…just rest for now its been a week since you work very hard…you can go now

 

Tiffany: what? But I’m fine…I’m really fine…look? (showing her body and turn around)

 

Seohyun, Mr. Cho and Director Choi slightly laugh of what Tiffanys doing.

 

Mr. Cho: its fine and I think you work your part for today…just follow what Director said, have some rest Ms. Hwang.

 

D. Choi: his right…we can manage this. Just go home and have a rest. Ms. Seo you can both go now, thank you for your help…the invitations. (bow his head)

 

Seohyun: welcome Director Choi…

 

Tiffany: but…

 

D. Choi: Mr. Cho lead them to the parking lot…Ms. Hwang your sure your alright ha…can you drive?

 

Tiffany: neh I’m fine…I can drive…kamsahamnida Director.

 

D. Choi: neh…ok…I will check the invitations, you can go now. Annyeong.

 

Seohyun & Tiffany: (bow their head)

 

Mr. Cho: lets go (leading the way)

 

Mr. Cho lead the both girls to their cars in the parking lot and have their goodbyes for today.

 

When Mr. Cho returned to the venue he went up to Director Choi to help him with the invitations.

 

D. Choi: do they leave now? (opened the box)

 

Mr. Cho: neh…Director can I ask something?

 

D. Choi: what’s all about?

 

Mr. Cho: about Ms. Hwang?

 

D. Choi: whats about her?

 

Mr. Cho: (devil smile)…

 

D. Choi: what that’s smile?

 

Mr. Cho: can I be honest…I think you like Ms. Hwang?

 

D. Choi: what? Why do say so?

 

Mr. Cho: your acting really weird this week...

 

D. Choi: what? me…acting weird? Jinja? you think so?

 

Mr. Cho: kekeke…I’m right…you like that girl (devil smile)

 

D. Choi: aniyo…aniyo…I don’t say that I like her.

 

Mr. Cho: I know you for how many years…and I know if you like somebody, so don’t deny it Seunghyun (wink)

 

D. Choi: jinja? I don’t know…if…(stop from what his doing and grab his phone in his pocket). Kyuhyun can I have her number?

 

Mr. Cho: kekeke sure…I’m happy for you…

 

D. Choi: happy for me?

 

Mr. Cho: neh…because you already move-on…its been 3 years since I saw you like that.

 

D. Choi: can you just give me the number and can we go back to work. The reason why I ask this number because I want to know if she got home safe…that’s all…don’t think too much kid!!!

 

Mr. Cho: what did you say? Ok ok…this is the number.

 

After their conversation Director Choi brought the invitation to his office to check if there’s missing names. When his scanning the invitations he saw a name in the list that made him think.

 

 

“Mr. & Mrs. Jung”.