Fear

Tell Me GoodBye

Tears sprang to Kyungsoo's eye's as he suddenly sprinted, his stomach rising to his throat as he bit his lip. The man pursued closely, so closely he could now hear his feet crunching against the gravel as they almost flew down the now narrowing path. Kyungsoo felt his insticts kick in as he almost soard through the under-side of some thick branches. They cracked loudly as they hit his fore head, causing it to prickle with pain. Clenching his jaw he ignored the sting.

A sudden cracking sound and a bang caused him to turn. The man following had not interpreted how low the branches would he and hit them irrationally hard, swiftly knocking him from his feet and into a small pool of mud. As the man groaned from pain Kyungsoo refused to wait around to see the outcome. Instead he turned and sprinted quickly until his chest ached and a stitch became more prominent. 'I really wish i hadn't skipped gym class' he choked as he slammed into the side streets, hurling himself towards the police station and almost falling through the door.

 

Shaky and breathless, he kneeled over gasping as the majority of the station gaped at him, many of the officer's with suspicion. Trying to re-affirm his breath he  pulled his wieght upwards and stood tall before flimsily heading over to one of the officers at reception. 'I- i have a meeting with someone. My name is Kyungsoo' he puffed as the woman behind the counter raised an eyebrow. She nodded before picking up a small staff phone and contacting an officer. Fine wrinkles and exhaustion laced her features and dark circles plagued her eyes. Her dark hair was tied back tightly under the small black hat that she wore. She intimidated the life out of him.

 

The police man from before rested a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder, startling him as he sprang around to meet the mans eye's. He smiled at him before leading him off to a small room. Kyungsoo knew there was no warmth in his smile, just a hollow shell of a man seemed to stand infront of him. It reminded him alot of himself and sincerely hoped that he wouldn't end up like that one day.

 

The man sat opposite him on a small steel chair, his arms folded stifly across his chest. 'Youv'e already informed us of what you found when you returned home.' he the man paused in between breaths, his harsh voice seemingly piercing Kyungsoo's soul. 'Are you going to stick to that story?' he queistioned once more raising an eyebrow. Kyungsoo felt his jaw drop and his fists clenched immediately. 'Ofcourse! Because it's the truth!' Kyungsoo choked, slamming a fist on the metallic table in anger as he sniffed back tears.

 

The officer simply nodded and began to run through a series of quiestions with him before finishing. He sighed heavily and let Kyungsoo leave. He could feel his heart tearing apart inside his chest. They suspected him. They suspected that he might of killed them. He breathed out a shuddering sigh before walking out into the uncomfortable cold air.

 

For Kyungsoo the next morning could not have come quick enough. When he had arrived back at Kai's apartment he was already in bed, much to which Kyungsoo was glad of. He would of hated for Kai to see his tear stained face. In the dim light of the living room he had unfolded the sofa bed and curled up into a tight ball, hiding his face in the layers of blankets. The thoughts of his parents continued to swirl in his subconcious before he had actually been able to sleep.

 

In the morning he had felt even worse, his body ached right down to the bone from the previous night's sprint and his feet felt numb as he stepped on them, like they once hadn't been there. Through breakfast Kyungsoo and Kai had barely spoke, and if felt even worse as they walked out into the cold weather. Heavy, black clouds hung in the sky, threatening to let the rain fall at any moment as they walked in silence. Dark circles stained Kyungsoo's face as he watched the clouds rumble with thunder. It seemed to match his mood perfectly.

 

A cold, dry wind swished the fallen leaves of the tree's upwards, hurling them into the sky. Kyungsoo could feel his mind branch out. Who would have killed them? Why? The thoughts continued on in a spiel as he thumped into his seat in class. He bagn to pick at the wooden surface of the table when Kris suddenly thumped his shoulder in a postive manner. Kyungsoo scowled and felt his jaw fall off when he saw Kris' face.

 

Scratches lined his usually perfect face and one eye seemed swollen and bruised as he smiled meekly. Kyungoso grew pale.. Its not possible that....last night... Listening closely he could just hear the voice of the girl sitting behind him. 'Ouch, how did you manage that?' he giggled slightly whilst looking at him a little floaty headed. Kris' mouth set into a firm line. 'I...i uh..fell..' he mumbled quietly.

 

Kyungsoo snapped his head around to Kai who had been quickly scribbling the previous nights homework that he had forgotten when Kyungsoo grabbed him firmly by the collar, almost blocking off his airways. 'I think Kris chased me last night' Kyungsoo choked with a wobbling lip.