Suspicion

Tell Me GoodBye

 

Kyungsoo slumped into Kai’s sofa like a life-less blob. He sat there for a moment, staring emptily at the television even though it wasn’t on. Kai glanced at him worriedly as he pulled  across the pale white curtains, blocking out the dark-ness from the harsh night sky. For a moment Kai watched his motion-less body before shuffling into his bedroom.

 

For a moment Kyungsoo had thought he had went to bed, but a moment later he heard him rummaging about, and a second later he had bed-sheets and a pillow in his hands. He smiled weakly and held the pillow out to Kyungsoo’s head. The waft of clothes softener and washing liquid smelt speed against his sore cheeks.

 

‘The sofa will pull out into a bed…although you already know that heh’ he smiled a little whilst speaking. Kyungsoo continued to gaze off. His face stiff and un-interested. To Kai it felt horrendous. His best friend, who always smiled and was always happy. His beaming expression was gone and seemed like it had never existed in comparison to the one he was seeing now. His eyebrows set into a harsh frown and his mouth was stiff into a grim. And worst of all his once happy and bright eyes seemed empty and hazed over.

 

It saddened him to see him like that.

 

Pulling out the bed, he placed the pillow and covers on it. He smiled at his handy-work then looked at Kyungsoo who, even as he stood beside the make-shift bed, seemed un-interested and un-focused. Silence filled the small apartment, the only sound being the hum of the air conditioning.

 

Kyungsoo simply fell onto the bed, his eyes instantly closing and sleep claiming his stinging eyes. Even as he fell asleep his expression did not change. It remained grim and sad.

 

Kai sighed and swept his hair from his eyes. Leaning in, he swept his lips lightly across Kyungsoo’s cheek. Trailing a small kiss along it before tucking him under the covers and disappearing to his own bed.

 

Kyungsoo awoke in the morning feeling disgusting. His head throbbed and his eyes felt puffy. Sniffing lightly, a faint waft of bacon emanated from the small kitchen. his lips he sat upwards and gazed around in a daze. It had been a while since he had been at Kai’s . Nothing had changed really. The sofa still looked out onto a veranda, which in turn had a view of the whole area.

 

Bookcases lined one of the larger walls, all neatly stacked away and in order and the coffee table was still in reach of him putting his feet on it. For a moment he glanced outside into the cold, clear morning air and felt his stomach twist in revulsion. From here he could see his home. A white box barricaded by strips of tape and warning signs that the police placed there.

 

Tears stung the corners of his eyes as he bit his lip. Kai slapped a hand on his shoulder, starting him senseless. Jumping around and throwing his hands up defensively he almost punched him accidentally.

 

Kai flailed slightly and caught his arm. His strong grip for a moment seemed to crush his arm. Kyungsoo tore his hand from Kai’s grip who looked just as startled. For a moment they stared at each other, Kyungsoo’s a look of fear and helpless-ness and Kai’s a look of confusion. ‘Breakfast is out’. Kai smiled a little and gestured an arm to the kitchen. He was already in his school uniform, shirt buttons slightly undone and his hair tousled from a shower. His eyes glittered as Kyungsoo sat down to eat.

 

He watched him anxiously while Kyungsoo ate it, missing his own mouth with his food and almost stabbing his cheek. Kyungsoo watched him back meekly. Without a smile or a glimps upwards, he ate barely a quarter of the meal.

 

Kai, looking disappointed scoffed his own. ‘The police called using my number. They want to talk to you after school today…’ he mumbled whilst devouring a glass of orange juice.

 

Only then did Kyungsoo look up. His mouth popped open a little before closing again. Ofcourse they want to talk to me, I was there and I had found them….

 

Kyungsoo felt pale on the way to school. His thoughts felt groggy and his stomach ached. As they walked along the usual road a strong gust of wind pressed at their backs and the tree’s began to rustle, whistling high above them. Kyungsoo shivered and pulled his jacket closer around him. He didn’t want to go. He didn’t want to face the pitying faces that he knew he would meet.

 

Taking a shaky breath he followed Kai, watching his back as he walked. His eyes softened and he felt a small smile curl onto his lips. He had the cutest little walk.

 

Still holding that small smile he entered the creaking gates of the school and immediately all eyes were on him. Girls whispered to one another. Some people bowed in apology for his loss and some smile weakly at him.

 

His heart ached as they pity seemed to wash over him. Kai reassuringly patted his back as they entered the silent classroom. Nobody dared to stare from there seats. They kept their heads low, avoiding eye contact.

 

Sniffing back slightly he slinked into his seat and looked to Kai who smiled gently. On his other side Kris also smiled warmly. ‘Were here for you’ he smiled reassuringly and rested a hand on Kyungsoo’s slender back.

 

Something about Kris’ touch left him feeling uncomfortable, it felt cold, fake and well acted out. Kyungsoo’s mouth set in a fine line and grew finer when Sehun entered. As usual he had his head low, his harsh eyes staring off. Suho glanced to him from the front of the room. Sehun looked back.

 

There was a hidden glance between them than Kyungsoo had barely ever noticed before. It send a pang of insecurity into his heart. He could faintly see Sehun’s mouth curl into a horrible smile as Suho mumbled something to him.

 

From the back of the class he heard Tao laugh rather loudly, clapping his hands at some joke Luhan probably made. He felt impulsed to turn. To turn to that obnoxious laugh. Following it Luhan laughed a little and piped down when he could tell Kyungsoo was listening.

 

Kai looked to Kyungsoo then and nudged him. ‘Isn’t everybody a little…off today?’ he mumbled by his ear, making him shiver. So he wasn’t the only one noticing it. As they spoke, Chen, Suho, Sehun and Xiuman all sat closely together at the front of the class. Xiuman never normally hung out with those three. And in the far corner he could see Baekhyun and Chanyeol mumbling together, which wasn’t necessarily unusual. The only person missing from his regular group was Lay.

 

His mind began to play out sequences. Why were they acting so strange? And it clearly wasn’t just to do with him and his situation…was it? Something clicked inside his head. His eye’s widened and his heart came up to his throat.

 

Frozen for a moment, he felt himself moving mechanically towards Kai, grabbing him sharply by the collar, jolting him forwards to him. ‘Someone in here done it!’ Kyungsoo mumbled frantically.

 

Kai looked at him in confusion, mouthing ‘what?’. Kyungsoo grabbed him closer, so that he was by his ear ‘Somebody in here is the one that killed my parents!’

 

 

So guys...who do you think done it?