Waves

Tell Me GoodBye

 

As they stood in the train station, silence filled the air. Nobody spoke. Kyungsoo nervously glanced around the white marble station, faintly the buzzing of the tanoid could be heard overhead and the occasional rumble of the train. It didn’t surprise him that it was empty, especially considering the time. Glancing at his feet, he peeked up at Sehun. His side profile was perfect. Perfectly shaped lips, perfect strong jawline…perfect everything…Kyungsoo found himself flushing as he chewed on his lips. His owl like eyes seeming larger than usual.

 

As the train rumbled to a stop at the station, it hissed as it let out steam. Gazing around Kyungsoo faintly caught a glimpse of the city lights. There once warm glow seemed restless and harsh. His jaw felt slack as he entered the train. It too was rather empty, only the occasional person sitting. Some asleep, some drunken and asleep.

 

Sliding into a seat beside Sehun he felt a slight relief at the comfortable heat. It felt nice after the rain. The bleak, desolate rain that had beat against his body with no relent.

 

Sehun slumped slightly in his seat, his long legs stretching out as his head rested slightly on Kyungsoos shoulder. His damp hair stuck to his forehead as he sighed from the heat. Kyungsoo glanced with a smile as the train pulled of. The jolt pushed Kyungsoo’s head into the headrest and suddenly he felt tired, exhausted. An exhaustion that he hadn’t realised had plagued him.

 

His mind felt tired unseasy. He didn’t know if he was coming or going, unable to separate reality from the false. Yet as he lightly dosed off, his eyes grey and tired, he glanced to Sehun and felt so sure that this was real. The warmth that he felt on his shoulder was definitely real.

 

Small splinters of light prickled Do’s eyes. Groggily he sniffed  and rolled slightly in his seat. His eye’s stung as he opened them. From the small beads of light against the train window he could make out the rising sun. Smiling slightly, the touch felt nice against his smooth skin.

 

His legs felt stiff and numb as he scratched his head. He felt good. Better. Much better. The warm rays made him happy, his heart felt like it would sing. Turning, Sehun’s head had slumped against the wall, half drooling. Kyungsoo couldn’t hold back a small giggle.

 

They were deep into the country side now. Lush greenery on both sides, the fleeting colours of flowers brightened up his mood. The city seemed distant, the once towering skyscrapers minute and un-intimidating.

 

His attention was drawn back to Sehun as he yawned, covering his mouth and blinking repeatedy. He smiled pleasantly. As the train wheeled into countless stops, he grew bored, restless. They must have already been on here for hours if the sun had already rise.

 

The train grew busier, people packing into the slender space. Scowling, Sehun and Kyungsoo looked at each other. They knew it was time to get off.

 

Faintly, through the crowded surroundings, Kyungsoo felt someone watching him. Eyes that seemed to burn a whole into his forehead, scrutinising him. Judging his every move. Uneasy, small beads of dew stuck to his forehead. His throat felt dry as he swallowed , glancing at Sehun. He returned an equally worried expression, his eyebrows knitting together and his mouth set  in a firm line.

 

As the next stop closed in, Kyungsoo could smell salty air. It floated in through the small windows. Closing his eyes he could see the lapping of the waves, the soft sand between his toes. It relaxed him, a small smiling curling up his lips as a soft breeze seemed to caress his forehead.

 

Sehun nudged him lightly. He too could see them walking along the sandy beaches. A beautiful mirage against the grey, depressing boom of the city.

 

As the doors creaked open, they knew they had found there stop. As they stepped off, the shore could be heard faintly in the distance. The waves roaring against the bright blue sky. Kyungsoo listened closely and heard the birds singing, their merry tune dragging his mind away from the panic of home.

 

As they walked, he scuffed his shoes on the sandy concrete ground. It wasn’t a very busy place. Small houses from only one floor made from a mixture of stone and wood formed a small path, there doors leading straight onto it. Glancing closely he could make out a small café and the faint buzz of music floating out from inside.

 

Unable to hold back a smile he beamed. He liked it here. There was no danger. Only beautiful green hills and a warm beach. He felt like rolling in them. Washing away the scent of the city from his clothes.

 

As they paced quietly to the beach. Thoughts began to swim back into his mind. Thoughts of Kai. The moment his hands had laced around his slender neck. And then the traumatising moment that he had returned and he wasn’t there. Had he imagined it all? Had he only imagined he had killed him?

 

Suddenly stopping, Kyungsoo froze, a lump forming in his throat as his eyes stang from the threat of tears. Was this all a mirage? The beach? Sehun? Was any of this actually happening? Suddenly he felt sick, dizzy and confused. His breathing shallowed as he slouched slightly, his vision blurring. The panic attack grew as Sehun wrapped an arm around his shoulders. Was he really there? Was Sehun actually there beside him?

 

Glancing upwards frantically he wrapped his fingers around Sehun’s sweet face. He didn’t move. He simply let Kyungsoo touch his features. It felt impossible to understand what he was feeling, yet he knew he needed comfort of some kind. If touching his face helped. He would let him. If anything helped. He would do it.

 

Kyungsoo’s fingers trailed slowly along his features, touching lightly his eyes, his eyelashes tickling his hands. His perfectly shaped nose, his sweet mouth. He flushed as his fingers touched their rosy surface. Swallowing slightly he dropped his hands. His heart slowed and his breathing began to even out. As long as Sehun was really here with him. He could hold out.

 

As they slowly sauntered onwards, they met the beach. It greeted them with its lush blue ocean, small waves coming up to greet the sand. The sky was a marvellous blue, bright and ecstatic. Kyungsoo felt his heart sing. The warm and comfort that the beach provided was mesmerising.

 

The boys glanced at each other, exchanging a smirk. They were both thinking the same thing. Darting to the water, they dropped their bags and threw themselves in. The water felt refreshing against the beating sun as Kyungsoo dove in. It felt fresh against his face. Resurfacing he scowled at the bitter taste of the ocean.

 

From behind he heard Sehun let out a low laugh. ‘What kind of expression is that!?’ he bawled, spraying water in his direction. Kyungsoo felt his face grow pink as he watched Sehun’s beaming expression, damp hair sticking to his forehead.

 

Spraying his bag he grinned as Sehun toppled over, disappearing beneath the waves. Scoffing, Kyungsoo stood triumphant as Sehuns slowly re-emerged. He smiled brightly and the two began to battle in the water, wrestling each other. Sehun knew that if he was going under, So was Kyungsoo.

 

As the two frolicked, Sehun felt his heart clench as he watched Kyungsoo’es expression. How could this boy make him feel so warm? So fulfilled, so happy inside. Freezing, Kyungsoo glanced upwards, assuming something was wrong. His owl eyes looked at him, straight into him. It felt unusual having to share such emotions with people. Sehun had never been used to this. He was used to being alone. Yet, this, he liked this.

 

Leaning in, he placed a soft kiss against Kyungsoo’s lips. The taste of the sea salt would have made it slightly unpleasant, but Sehun didn’t care. His face flushed as Kyungsoo too leaned in, sharing in the moment. Despite the salt, Sehun felt himself smiling within the kiss. Wrapping an arm around him, Kyungoso too grinned as the two giggled and hugged. Sharing a moment of true happiness.

 

From a distance, a figure watched the two. Discontent tightening as he observed the two. It irritated him. Why was he aloud to share in such  a moment? That boy was a murderer. Who did he think he was? Leaving the city and expecting nobody to know or come after them.

 

Clenching his fist, his brow wrinkled together and his jaw tightened, sending pain shooting up his neck. Wincing, he placed a hand against the tender bruises, attempting to dull the pain. Through dark, murky eyes Kai glowered at the two, a snarl threatening to form. Despite how hurt he felt, his love being in the hands of another, he would make him suffer. He had taken him in, done everything for him. And this was how he was planning to repay him? Kai had different plans.

 

As he disappeared into the fine shadows of the hills, Kyungsoo glanced upwards, his beam fading slightly. Scanning the scenery he felt sure that someone was watching him again. The same ominous glare that seemed to burn a hole in his head. Shivering momentarily, he turned and met Sehuns glowing eyes.

 

Smiling, they bumped heads and began to laugh.

OMGEH FINALLY IVE UPDATED THIS. Been meaning to update this for a while! Mwahah things are getting interesting~ Let me know what you think~