You've Changed

Tell Me GoodBye

 

Kyungsoo felt his eye’s widen, a single tear trickled across his cool skin. Rain could be heard crackling through the open window, a slow rhythm . His lip quivered as he peeled himself away from the comfort of the seat. Shuffling with trembling hands he leaned lightly against the windows cool surface.

 

Shakily he tilted his face into the rain. The cold droplets felt nice against burning cheeks. Sniffing he wiped the damp strands of hair from his eyes, and looked down. His stomach churned at the sight of Luhan’s body, lying face down in the concrete. A slow pool of blood had began to form around his slender frame.

 

Kyungsoo’s head began to swim as a shrill scream cracked through the cool air. Panic surged in his mind as his head flipped towards the door. He had to run. Flying for the door he swung heavily around the archway into the hall. Blood pounded in his ears as people began to stare. The news of Luhans death had spread quickly, so quickly it had frightened him. And he knew they suspected him. Frantically, Kyungsoo threw his weight in between people, be it patients or nurses he threw them aside violently.

 

Nothing would be the same anymore. As he stepped out once more into the grey icy rain he gazed around at the dreary city. As the sky grew darker skyscraper lights began to light up, burning brightly against the growing dark. His breath huffed out in cold clouds as he dragged his hood over his damp hair. People were bound to be looking for him.

 

Blindly he shuffled through the cold streets as they grew busy with night life. Drunkards, , Businessmen and the likes bustled through the narrow paths. Slipping in between them Kyungsoo’s head began to throb, a dull ache spread across his mind as he sniffed back the cold once more. His jumper had grown damper and damper as the night prolonged, anyone would suspect that he had just fell into the sea.

 

A hand clasped across his shoulder as he turned into a sidestreet. Startled he grabbed the hand roughly, bending the wrist until the man kneeled. A low yelp escaped the man’s lips as fury stained Kyungsoo’s once innocent eyes. ‘I-im not going to hurt you!’ the man cried, attempting to pull his wrist from Kyungsoo’s strong grasp. Squinting in the dark, it took him a moment to realise that it was Sehun, looking as equally drenched as he did.

 

Swallowing back slightly, he watched Sehun suspiciously before releasing him. Sehun’s eyes glowered as he stepped away slightly, hiding in the dark shadows of the cities corners. ‘Were you involved in all of this?’ Kyungsoo hissed, his voice growing huskier and rougher by the moment.

 

Sehun’s eyes flickered momentarily before he gazed away into the streets. ‘No. I didn’t want to be anyway. Luhan used me as a pawn.’ Sehun’s words began to settle in as he continued to speak, his voice grow hoarser. Kyungsoo’s fist swiftly caught Sehun under the jaw, jamming him between himself and the wall.

 

Sehuns breath shuddered as he squinted, waiting for Kyungsoo’s punch. When it didn’t come he gazed up to see Kyungsoo waiting. Waiting for him to continue to talk. ‘He threatened me. He had my family evicted from there home unless I helped him. He had more power than he let on. His family gave him whatever he wanted…anything. I don’t understand how he didn’t see that..’ Sehun’s words faded away as car sirens filled the stagnant air.

 

There was a moment of silence before the cars passed, there gleaming metal bodies shining in the light. ‘He knew what way you walked home. He knew where you were going to be, so he had me walk past the store. He knew it would throw you off the suspect…and with him absent so often…’ Sehun’s voice bubbled over as a small tear slipped from his eye. He ground his teeth together as his brow furrowed.

 

Leaning his head onto Kyungsoo’s hand he sighed out the cold air. Sehun’s face was surprisingly warm considering the cold air, momentarily Kyungsoo watched him. Luhan. He had been at the root of everything. All the confusion. All of the death…And now, Kyungsoo in a sense had become like Luhan, he had murdered Kai. And now he was given the choice to deal with Sehun. An innocent caught up in the situation at Luhan’s mercilessness.

 

Releasing his grip, Sehun tripped slightly before watching Kyungsoo wearily. ‘Hide me.’ Kyungsoo murmured, his icy gaze piercing a hole through Sehun. Swallowing slightly Sehun nodded frantically, wiping the damp hair from his eyes. As they walked through the silence in the dark streets Sehun tilted his head slightly into the rain and closed his eyes. All of the loneliness, rage and anger that Kyungsoo had ever seen from him in school seemed to have disappeared. He turned slowly with a pale face  and stoic expression. It crumbled slightly as his eyebrows knitted together and his eyes revealed an aching expression.

 

What Kyungsoo returned was a face full of distrust, anger, pain and sadness. ‘You’ve changed a lot…’