Voices

Tell Me GoodBye

 

It was just after 10.30 pm. Faintly Kyungsoo’s ears picked up the sounds of police cars, patrolling the streets as the nightlife began. As they had walked, nobody had spoken. Sehun kept his back to him, his shoulder slumped forwards and his head low. Only occasionally did he turn to check if Kyungsoo was still following him. Occasionally Sehun would stumble, normally over his own feet or on a bump in the pavement.

 

He felt his lip twitch as they arrived at his apartment. A small, grey square building that exhumed loneliness and darkness. A faint rumble from the clouds caused Kyungsoo to glance skywards as the rain began to fall. Closing his eyes into the rain he sighed as the cool droplets touched his skin. Never had he felt so lost, so confused. And so alone.

 

A small cough pulled him from his dreaming as Sehun fumbled with a set of keys to the apartment door. He seemed to rattle about for what seemed like decades before sliding the door open. It moaned heavily against his weight as they entered the small apartment.

 

It was just as box-like as the building itself, and equally as damp, grey, and empty. The grey walls darkened the small room further as he glanced at the minimalist surroundings. A small, crooked tabled centred the room, and around it a small half broken box television and kitchen. A kitchen so small that only one could fit in it at a time.

 

Sehun lowered his head embarrassed, his face red from shame. ‘Its not much…i-im sorry’ he swallowed. Kyungsoo glanced at Sehun for a moment and felt his eyes soften on the boy. His face was burning red as he screwed his eyes closed tightly, his hands shaped into tight fists. ‘It’s fine, atleast you don’t live on the streets’  he smirked lightly and sat slowly down at the table.

 

The chair creaked under his weight, its wooden frame seemed to tremble from the slightest touch.

 

For a moment Sehun stood awkwardly, his hands clasped infront of him as the rain began to beat a tune against the glass. It had been raining a lot these days. The sun would no longer warm his face or his eyes like it used to.

 

Sehun shuffled to the kitchen, sniffing slightly as his shirt clung to his frame. Boiling a kettle, he handed a cup to Kyungsoo. Wrapping his hands around the heated glass he breathed in the fumes and released a small, silent sigh. After taking a sip the warm filled his stomach. No sugar and no milk, just how he liked it. Looking up curiously he met Sehun’s sheepish smile.

 

‘Y-…you buy it in school a lot…so I thought it might calm you..’ he fidgeted with his own cup and gulped it down. Scalding his tongue he in the cold air from the room, fanning his mouth with his hand. Kyungsoo felt a small smile grow. Sehun was trying to make him feel better.

 

After drinking the tea, Sehun had gestured to the direction of the shower, insisting that Kyungsoo take one to calm his mind. As he stepped under the warm water his mind grew empty as he gazed hazily at the tiled wall. The water heated the back of his neck and dripped across his face as he closed his eyes. His mind seemed to water as voices swam through his mind.

 

He could not re-call how long he stood there, the water began to run cold. Chewing his lip against the icy water he slipped out of the shower and soon resurfaced into the small room. Sehun lay partially slouched over the table, his face jammed so tightly in a book that he was considering it might be glued on.

 

Startled his head flew upwards at the sound of Kyungsoo’s footsteps. Eyes wide his heart stopped for a moment before calming back down with a nervous smile. ‘S-sorry…I’m not used to….guests’ he mumbled, picking up the book and fiddling with the pages.

 

Kyungsoo smiled and tousled his damp hair, sitting back down at the table. Silence. God Sehun was awful for conversations. Always was. Curious, Kyungsoo stretched an arm out for the book. Sehun squirmishly handed it over. The origin of species – Charles Darwin. A scientific book based on human instinct. How the strong will always over-power the weak. Like animals. Kyungsoo felt his stomach clench as he handed book back nerviously.

 

A sudden voice snapped Kyungsoo’s attention away from the book. Kai’s voice. ‘Hey! What are you doing?! Come one!’ Kyungsoo, startled sprang to his feet and stared dumbly at the door. Kai stood, smiling back at him warmly before sprinting through the door frame. Kyungsoo bolted after him, sprinting through the door frame. ‘W-whats wrong? Where are you going!?’ Sehun bawled, but Kyungsoo was already gone, sprinting in the the grey rain as sirens screamed in the background against the city lights.

 

 

Sorry for the late update guys! Confused by the ending? I would be very surprised if not...just wait till the next chapter!