Break The Skin

Tell Me GoodBye

The blade crushed down. The cold metal easily breaking through tender skin. Kyungsoo’s jaw locked and his eyes screwed shut yet there was no pain. Just tears.

Opening his eyes, his breath caught in his throat. Sehun had his palm firmly clasped around the blade. Blood oozed around what was visible of the blade 

, lacing in patterns down Sehun’s arm. His jaw clenched tight and his eyebrows knitted together, he peaked up through the gaps in his hair. His lips seemed pale as he forced a weak smile. Even as he tried to remain strong, Kyungsoo could see the tremble, the fear, the insecurity.

 

Kyungsoo instinctively released his grip of the night. His mouth parted he stumbled backwards, gazing at Sehuns bloody palm. ‘What will this resolve?’ Sehun whispered, dropping the knife to the ground. Blood dripped to the ground as he huffed slightly, scrunching his hand into a tight ball to stop the bleeding. Glancing upwards he caught Kyungsoo’s terrified expression and shivered.

 

Striding forwards Sehun laced his other hand into Kyungsoo. The warmth made him tingle as Kyungsoo looked up and met Sehun’s gaze. Stuttering slightly, he let Sehun lead him out of the house. Pitch black seemed to seep through the once loving and warm walls and silence eclipsed the rooms.

 

There feet crunched on dead leaves as Sehun almost bounded towards the gate. Pausing momentarily he gazed at the dying trees, there once beautiful green nectar filled leaves now ashen and grey.

 

His mouth set in a straight line, he dragged the heavy gate open. The crunching of iron erupted through the silence as he dragged him into the dimly lit streets. Only the occasional orange glow of passing lights lit the road. Besides that and the distant city lights, rising tall into the sky, there was nothing. Only them and the path.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t say a word. He kept his head low. His hair a tangle, matted mess shrouding his vision. He could see Sehun, his strong frame walking. His warm hand in his own and his clenched fist. He could sense the fear. Under all of that strength, there was a boy, a small child close to bursting into tears. Sehun, who had to suffer the worst that the heavens could throw at him had with stood so much. A stuggling family background, and even things that Kyungsoo was yet to know.

 

As the rain lashed out against there cold skin Sehun cooed Kyungsoo into his small apartment. As they shuffled in the door he felt surprisingly comfortable, the faint buzz of the air conditioner, the beating of the rain against the small, frail window. And as he turned, Sehun. His eye’s that had once seemed so cold to him held so much more. So much warmth which he never expected him to possess.

 

Slipping around Kyungsoo in the small doorway, Sehun slipped his hands under the sink. On his passing, Kyungsoo felt himself shiver as his breath briefly glided across his cheeks.

 

Silence. Kyungsoo stood awkwardly by the door. His feet tight together and his hands half clasped. No matter how much he wanted to apologise, no words would escape his throat. Silence. Sehun switched off the top and the spattering of the rusty water halted. He stood still for a moment, leaning against the sink. Sighing he roughly bandaged his hand using a small medical kit. A rather old one at that. From where Kyungsoo was standing the box could probably date back to the seventies.

 

He winced in pain, stifling it as he tightened the bandages around the throbbing cut. It pulsed along the muscles needed to bend the hand. It would take time to heal and restricted movement.

 

Suddenly he moved quickly. Dodgin around Kyungsoo and straight to a duffel bag. Kyungsoo watched curiosly. Was he looking for something? No. He was packing. Sehun was jamming everything he possibly could and anything valuable inside. Like a naïve child who wants to much. Crushing things into the base of the bag, he packed almost everything he owned. And when Kyungsoo looked around once more, the room seemed bare. Finally he packed a heavy looking, smaller bag.

 

Before Kyungsoo could answer any questions, they were straight back out the door and rattling at an alarming speed down the path. Stumbling along behind him, Kyungsoo crashed into the warmth of the path as he suddenly stopped walking. ‘Do you need anything from home?’ Immediately Kyungsoo knew what was happening. They were leaving. Leaving here. Going somewhere else.

 

Something in his heart cried out to stay, to hope that everything would work out. That he was dreaming. Yet, some part of him longed to go, and when he looked at Sehun’s sad, mellow eyes he knew it was what he wanted.

 

They paced down the now empty streets of the early morning, from what he could judge, it was around 3am, maybe slightly earlier. As he stepped into the hallway of the apartment, darkness engulfed the room. Choking back tears, he shuffled along the floor, hoping to avoid a collision with what would be Kai’s body. Swallowing back he scrunched his eyes up tight. He had told Sehun to wait in the lobby, ashamed and disgusted in himself for the sins he had committed. Yet now he had really hoped for his company.

 

There was no collision. Stumbling around, Kyungsoo found the light switch. It flicked on. Unscrewing his eyes he glanced to where Kai’s body was. It was gone.

 

MWAHAHAHA  nice big long chapters. I normally hate when people put in twists like this. But believe me, once you read the next few chapters i have lined up, it'll aaaaall make sense! Enjoy and let me know what you think!