A New Friend

Tell Me GoodBye

Yaaaay big chapter! This one is really important towards how i plan to end this story so i would really reccommend reading this!!! I hope you enjoy it!

 

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but figit in his seat. He could feel Luhan occasionally glancing at him as he sat pretending to focus on the text infront of him. And it didn’t help that he was sitting in Kai’s seat. Peeking up through his lashes he nervously smiled and nodded his head.

 

Luhan smiled briefly and nodded back. He looked terribly un-well, his palid skin and tired eye’s gave Kyungsoo the impression that he should till be in bed. Thinking on it he chewed his lip, pondering how Kai was doing confined to his bed. His face pinked as he remembered Kai’s sweet sleeping face,

 

As the bell tolled, the majority of the class flooded towards Luhan. Keen to question the boy on his absence. It irritated Kai, yet he felt it wasn’t his place to intervene. Peering blankly out of the window, the sun burned brighter than usual, lashing through the clouds with a burning heat.

 Boredly he watched people starting there clubs outside as people gradually began to disappear to go to lunch.

 

It bothered him that he didn’t know who the murderer was, and he couldn’t simply confront them all in the middle of class, nobody would answer and he couldn’t sit with them at lunch. Not knowing that among them was a murderer who’s malicious intentions threatened the fabric of his life and destroyed what very few things he had in life.

 

His fist gritted hard into the wooden table when Luhan tapped his shoulder nervously. He turned harshly, snapping his head in Luhan’s direction. He seemed to jump slightly, his body frame and rigid. Only then had he noticed that the class had cleared out.

 

‘Do you … uh… want to come to lunch with me?’ he smiled weakly holding up a surprisingly large and extravagant lunch box. On cue, Kyungsoo’s stomach rumbled in reponse, earning a small nervous laugh from Luhan who seemed worried about his response.

 

‘Sure’ he responded bluntly, so bluntly it left him feeling guilty towards the boy. Rising roughly from hi seat, the chair scraping back hard, scratching along the floor and causing the sound to echo through the empty room he stepped beside Luhan.

 

Luhan smiled bluntly and followed Kyungsoo like a lot puppy. ‘I…I’ve been here so little that I don’t even know my way around the school…’ he mumbled embarrassed. Kyungsoo felt a smile creep across his lips at the naivety and nervousness of the boy. ‘You’ll get used to it, we’ll go to the roof top since it’ll be empty. I doubt you want people pestering you whilst you eat’ he turned and smiled at the boy who in response beamed back. It felt strange to have a friend so nervous and shy.

 

With Luhan coughing occasionally they snuck onto the room-top where the sun hit directly, shining onto them in it’s golden radiance. Luhan momentarily closed his eye’s and bathed in the sun’s warm rays.

 

Kyungoo felt himself smile again as they sat with there backs to the warm metal railings. Luhan began to open his lunchbox. Kyungsoo felt his mouth slacken at the unbelievable amount of food. It suddenly dawned on him that he was still to go to the lunch hall for his own lunch.

 

Just as he popped to his feet Luhan looked up slightly surprised by the movement. ‘I have to go get my lunch’ he mumble slightly ‘I’ll be back in a sec’, before Luhan could respone Kyungsoo was already off bounding into the lunch-hall. He could feel the gaze of his usual group as he crossed over to the lunch line. Nervously, he basically threw his money at lunch lady, trying to get out of the lunch hall as fast as he could.

 

Although the lunch-hall buzzed with life, he could still hear and feel their presence. The over-dramatic laughs, the small talk. It now seemed to sicken him. Grabbing his lunch he paced back across the lunch-hall. Even when Kris called his name, he would not turn. He could feel them mocking him secretly, the only reason they still talked to him was out of pity. And that only.

 

When he returned to the ceiling Luhan was where he had left him, picking lightly at the extravagant meal with his chopticks. Kyungsoo stole a choptick from him, stabbing a slice of meat and forced it againt Luhan’s lip.

 

Luhan looked at him with a shocked expression as his mouth popped open, he used this to his advantage and forced the meat into his mouth. A he choked slightly on it Kyungsoo grinned and lightly punched his shoulder. ‘If you want to get better you need to eat’ he mused lightly, tearing into some bread.

 

Luhan let out a half choked laugh. His face flushing pink. ‘T-thanks’ he laughed, his words barely escaping ‘It’ strange you know…having a friend, that is’ Luhan smiled warmly at him. Although he still seemed pale and tired, it was the best Kyungoo had seen him for a while.

 

The following morning, excitement made Kyungsoo’s stomach tense as he left for school alone once more, Kai till bed-ridden. He felt excited to see Luhan. He was different, friendly, warm. He often thought it might be because he was here so little that his character molded better than the idiots in school.

 

As he slinked through the gates the school was alive with chatter. Girl stood in groups whispering and looking around with a curious expression. Raising an eyebrow he walked past them, avoiding bumping into there ridiculously over-sized bags. ‘Did you hear!? Luhan was put in hospital last night! Apparently someone stabbed him!’ one of the girls bawled. Kyungsoo felt some thing snap inside.

 

Wildly he dragged the girl around, almost screaming in her face as his hands clenched onto her arm’s and eye’s burned with worried. ‘what!?’ he bawled, his breath catching in his throat.

 

‘H-he was stabbed last night…’ she mumbled, avoiding his gaze. Kyungsoo’s throat caught, and tears began to build. Although he had never truelly got the chance to know him, there was no way he would lose a friend he just made. Never. He couldn’t lose anybody else. Wildly he threw himself into a sprint.

 

The day was usually cold,  the wind stung his face and dried the falling tears as he headed for the hospital. His lungs so full he thought they might burst at any moment. He had to see him.