Pity

Tell Me GoodBye

 

Kai’s brow wrinkled as he glanced carefully at his surroundings. Indeed people were acting strange. A strange vibe almost pulsed through the air as he turned back to Kyungsoo’s wide eyed stare. Exhaustion stained his usually perfect face. Yet Kai couldn’t blame him.

 

Leaning down to Kyungsoo, he mumbled in a hushed tone by his ear, earning a shiver in the odd-ness of the moment. ‘Are you sure?’ Kai questioned. Indeed it could be someone here. But the police were yet to give Kyungsoo any details on the murderer. For all they knew, it could be some middle aged man living under a bridge somewhere.

 

‘Yes! Yes’ Kyungsoo mewed back, slamming his fist softly on the small square wooden table. He seemed so sure. So desperate to figure out why and what was going on.

 

Chewing his lip Kyungsoo felt his brow furrow as Kai seemed doubtful. ‘You have to believe me!’ he almost bawled, grapping Kai forward by the collar, earning a few stares from around the room.

 

Between that long silence, the teacher entered awkwardly, pushing his glasses further up his nose as he stepped behind the teachers podium. His eyes widened a little in surprise to find Kyungsoo in school. Especially after what had happened.

 

He couldn’t focus that day, at all. Much to anybody’s surprise. Even at lunch be didn’t eat much, his mouth set into a stiff line as he shuffled it around the plate. They didn’t discuss the earlier subject. Kai could feel his rejection to Kai’s earlier doubt.

 

Sighing and ruffling his hair, Kai leaned across the table towards him. Kyungsoo tilted his head slightly as he invaded his space slightly. ‘I’ll help you. I’ll help you figure out who it was’ Kai rested a hand on his shoulder and smiled a little. If it could make Kyungsoo feel better, then of course he would help him.

 

Kyungsoo’s expression brightened as he lurched across the table, throwing his arms around Kai’s frame. ‘Thankyou!’ he almost sobbed, his lips trembling and his eye’s burning.

 

He hugged him back, comforting his frame. Kyungsoo’s body shuddered outwards and his cheeks burned as he knew people were watching. Staring, pitying…or mocking. Sniffing and wiping away the tears, he sat backwards, breathing in the cool air.

 

It wasn’t until the sun was setting after school that he noticed Sehun. Anger fumed from him and his jaw clenched and he slithered around the back of the school building with his hood up.

 

Kai had been rambling on about something completely different when he had dragged him sideways with a jolt to follow Sehun. Kai didn’t question what they were doing, he followed as Kyungsoo clung to his arm. Shuffling to the corner of the building, Kyungsoo bent his head slightly around the corner and could faintly make out Suho’s frame.

 

For a moment they mumbled to one another, when suddenly Suho slammed Sehun furiously up against the wall, his jaw clenched as he hissed insults to Sehun as he squirmed with tear stained cheeks. Suho’s grip tightened on his neck as he squirmed, choking in desperation for air.

 

‘And what I anybody finds out what I did!?’ Suho almost roared violently at the squirming boy. He whimpered as Suho’s rage almost echoed in the small area. ‘You wont’ Sehun choked out with a wheezy voice, the tears cascading down his now pale face. Suho growled angrily and leaned close to Sehun’s panicking frame. ‘You know what will happen if anybody does? I’ll ing kill you. Got it?’ The rage was apparent in Suho’s expression as he dropped the boy and slammed off around the opposite end of the building, his black frame pasted against the burning red of the setting sky.

 

Sehun choked on the ground, his heels digging slightly into the grey dirt as he was sick. Tears sprang to his eyes and his frame shook violently. As Kyungsoo felt pity he leaned forward to help, but Kai’s strong hand held him. When he turned Kai shook his head slightly with a worried expression. ‘This is his mess to fix’ he mumbled, nudging Kyungsoo slightly towards the school gates.

 

As they walked in silence Kyungsoo couldn’t help think of Sehun. Maybe he wasn’t the one who done it after all. It could have been Suho. His threats on Sehun proved that he was far more dangerous than Sehun, and his reaction demonstrated that there was no way he could be capable of murder.

 

And then his mind moved to Kai. He was never one to give pity or help to anybody. Especially someone they might have suspected of murder. Kyungsoo felt his face flush as Kai side profile burned against the warm sun. He turned slightly with his soft eyes and smiled softly. He could feel his own face burning red, but couldn’t look away from the soft smile and beautiful facial features. He loved him. He had to admit it. To himself atleast.

 

Clenching his jaw and swallowing he stopped walking, scuffing his boots on the dusty path.

 

Kai also stopped and watched him questioningly with his hands plunged into his pockets. He raised an eyebrow and smiled menacingly.

 

Kyungsoo felt his mouth dry up and choked slightly, feeling he’d swallowed a bowling ball. Kai’s cheeks turned slightly pink also, as he began to figit.

 

Kyungsoo could no longer refrain from touching this beautiful man, and almost threw himself at him. Wrapping his arms around his waist and leaning up to kiss his warm lips.

 

His  mouth tingled at the contact as he felt himself shiver, although he never expected Kai to kiss him back.