Thankyou

Tell Me GoodBye

 

MORE.  I UPLOAD TO QUICK Let me know your thoughts so far guys~!

The moments passed in a blur, one moment he was lying, his face into the cold polished floor of his hallway. The next he was outside the cold stone walls in the night air, sitting in the back of an ambulance.

 

The cold night air stung at his cheeks as he stared wide-eyed and blank onto the concrete ground. The blossom tree’s that were so much of a comfort once rustled in the wind, unnerving him as they hung over towards him. His throat felt try and his eyes stung.

 

His hands turned into fists as he clutched at the blanket one of the ambulance drivers had wrapped around his trembling shoulders. They suddenly dropped along with his head as he pulled his knee’s to his chest. They were dead. The only family he had. Dead.

 

His breath came out ragged as the cries would no longer stop. From the blur of tears he could just make out the  police quarantining the house. The had been murdered. Taken from him.

 

The cold air brushed his pink cheeks as an officer warily came towards him. The man sighed, took his hat off and scratched his head. ‘I’m so sorry for your loss. This exact same man has been running on the loose recently. There have currently been no traces of his identity. This has been the fourth home…’ The man’s voice trailed up as Kyungsoo lifted his head, lip quivering.

 

He could see the pity in the mans eyes as he stood there against the dim background of the night. ‘Is…is there anybody we can call for you?’ he whispered in a gentler tone, the harsh lines around his eyes fading slightly.

 

Kyungsoo sniffed, pulled the blanket closer around him and nodded slowly. Kai. After informing the officer of Kai’s contact number he proceeded to call him, nodding occasionally on the phone, his mouth set into a grim line.

 

Kyungsoo’s vision blurred out once more. He stared at his feet, realising that small stains of blood coated the tips of them. Clenching his teeth, he choked on the tears, slamming his head into his knee’s.

 

The ambulance driver looked at him worriedly and his back in a soothing motion, pitying his loss. As much as he wanted to shrug him away, he couldn’t.

 

A pair of feet came into the bottom of his blurry vision. Sighing he looked up. What else did the police officer have to say? Does he suspect me? Instead he was met by Kai’s worried eyes. Blinking slightly in surprise he felt the tears begin again. Kai stood slouched over before him, breathless and ragged with his hands on his knee’s.

 

‘I…Kyungsoo..’ He mumbled softly with his ever soft eyes. His warm hands came around to clasp Kyungsoo’s head to his chest. His tears fell hotly onto Kai’s shirt, drenching it quickly.

 

He leaned his head softly on top of Kyungsoo’s, soothingly running his fingers through his hair. ‘I…I heard..’ He mumbled, his own voice growing hoarse and sore. Without looking he could tell that Kai had started to cry. His chest let out haggard breathes, which rose and fell against Kyungsoo’s own stained cheeks.

 

So often Kai had came to his house to play, they would sit under the tree’s in the summer, catching frogs or insects. Or maybe they would bring out a paddling pool. Or they would draw, or sing or wrestle…

 

There was an endless list of happy memories that cocooned that white washed house. So many happy memories. He could remember his parents holding him when he cried once, broken hearted at the tender age of 11 over a girl he had confessed too.

 

The memories drained from his head at the thought of the blood and he threw his arms around Kai’s strong waist. He trembled against his hands as Kai pulled his face to his own as they touched noses.

 

‘You can stay with me’ he smiled weakly before looking around dumbly ‘although, y’know…its only a dingy little flat…’ he seemed embarrassed at the thought. ‘Look..i know how you feel’ he let his hand fall on Kyungsoo’s back.

 

Kai was adopted, so he understood well what it felt like to have nobody. As soon as he was able, he left the adoption homes and found his own place to live. Balancing a demanding job and school life to keep a tiny flat. It had always felt like a second home to Kyungsoo, a place where they could game in peace and snack out on junk food…

 

Nodding blindly, Kai helped Kyungsoo to his feet. He sniffed and leaned his weight onto Kai. His heat felt comforting as Kai briefly spoke to the police officer, his words a complete blur to Kyungsoo.

 

As they walked along the empty streets, silence hung heavy between them with the only sound being the crack of their feet against the pavement. Even the streetlights seemed dull against the pitch sky, matching his mood perfectly.

 

He couldn’t find the energy to speak, his throat had dried up and his head ached terrible, although Kai did not force him to speak. He let the silence hang as he knew Kyungsoo wanted to do anything but talk.

 

They reached Kai’s flat eventually. Although it was only 15 minutes away, it seemed to drag out horribly. The block was on the corner of the city, across the river from Kyungsoo’s…home. It looked out to everything, so high up that even the stars seemed touchable.

 

As they were about to enter the block, Sehun walked past. His head still low, followed by two others which he recognised as Suho and Chen.  Unable to care any longer, Kyungsoo let his head flop down as Kai’s body tensed at their approach. Something felt off with them. Too wary of their surroundings.

 

Sehun kept his head low as his shoulder slammed past Kyungsoo’s, knocking the wind slightly from him. His eyes hung half closed as he pulled Kai with him inside. The bright marble halls didn’t make him feel any better. Just the opposite. Their bright and glossy walls distracted him from his thoughts momentarily before he looked once more to the also marble floor.

 

The shining elevator opened with a click, letting out cheery elevator music. It played on in the silence as they rose up. Kai shuffled his feet slightly beside him, un-sure of what to say to his best friend.

 

The door opened again with a chime and Kyungsoo shuffled robotically to the steel door, leaning his head against it’s surface. Kai turned him then, holding him at arms width. His eye’s glistened with worry through his tumble of hair. ‘Im here for you..’ he murmured before pulling Kyungsoo into a warm embrace, stretching his arms around his slumped back.

 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and his eyebrow’s furrowed together. ‘T-thanks’ he weakly replied before hiding into Kai’s still damp shirt.