From Head to Toe

Empty

 

I walked into the shopping mall and the first thing that hit me was the warm air from the air conditioner. It’s the first time I’ve been here in years. All the memories came flooding back to my mind. Ah it’s good to be back to this place, I used to love coming here with grandma and granddad.

 I wonder around trying to look for some cheap but stylish clothes shop. Hm I don’t remember the mall being this clean! The floors are sparkling everywhere I go. I see a sign that says “SALE” in big red letters near the other end of the mall. I take out my hands from my pockets and start to fasten my pace. I don’t want to run otherwise people will start to judge me. Urgh I hate being around so many people like this it just makes me feel awkward and nervous. I lower my head down, not wanting to make any awkward eye contact with a random stranger.

I look through the load of hanged clothes that are all different bright colours. There are other women rushing to get something cheap yet still trendy – looking. I shake my head by their behaviour. Aigoo what a mess in here and there are ajummas in here behaving like teenagers.

 I go to another section since I don’t like bright coloured clothes. It attracts people’s attention too much. I finally find an oversized jumper which is navy blue, a black t-shirt and a pair of grey and black skinny jeans. I go to the cashier but the queue is long, so I go upstairs to see if it is any shorter. Today must be my lucky day hahahaaa. I pay and leave the store within just 10 minutes. I check my watch to see how long I’ve been in here.  WHAT its 12pm already! So I’ve been in there for 3 hours but it felt like I was in there for 20 minutes. I sigh knowing that in about 4 more hours it’s going to get dark outside.

 

 

 

It’s 12:30pm right now and I’m still in the mall. Ah I remember I need some shoes for dance and school. I straight away remember where to go to get good shoes. Me and my grandparents always used to go to the same store every year. They would always buy me cute new shoes when I was little.

 I entre the store feeling anxious and I see a row of shoes just waiting to be picked out. There are many different styles of shoes with all different types of colours. I look around in excitement but one pair catches my eyes. I walk towards it and notice that it’s similar to what my grandparents got me for my 10th birthday. The trainers were light pink and had little black stars on them just like what I got for my 10th birthday. I quickly grabbed them like it was the last pair of shoes on earth and tried them on. Usually the display ones don’t fit me but surprisingly these did. Wow I think today is really my lucky day.

 

 

My stomach starts to growl like it is in pain from being starved. I walk towards the food court hoping to get something to eat. I’m starting to smell the aroma of food making my stomach rumble even more.

“Thank you~” I say to the cashier while I beam out in happiness. I take a seat furthest away from people near the back of the food court. Thank god I found a quiet area to eat. I would’ve died if I sat right in the middle too much people would have been around me. I bite into my burger and feel my mouth watering even more from the delicious smell. I take my time to eat the burger treasuring every bite. I look around the food court that’s bustling with people.

 

I see other girls with their boyfriends or friends laughing and having a good time. I start to feel self conscious because of how lame I must look right now eating a lone like a loner. I must look so dumb right now...urh I bet people are looking at me with judging eyes and laughing at me. I try hard to get rid of these negative thoughts but they stay put in my mind tormenting me.

 

 

I looked at my watch and realised that its already 2pm. I gasp noticing that i’ve been in here for hours. I pick up my bags and head out of the food court. I should be home already! Time went by so quick. I walk out of the mall the same way I went into the mall, with my head down. Must. Avoid. All. Eye. Contact. I get to the doors and feel relieved that I’m going to be out of here. Just as I was about to step out I bump into someone. Oh no why now I just about to leave here with no unnecessary human contact.

“I’m sorr-” I look up to see Kai and that girl from detention the other day. They’re both staring at me arrogantly.

“Oh look its YOU again. Mina. We bumped into each other the other day what a coincidence!” Kai says making me heat up in annoyance inside. Wait HOW the hell does he know my name!

I ignore what he says and try to leave but he steps in to block my way. I keep my head down not wanting to make any awkward eye contact. I try to step again but he blocks my way. I look up for a bit glaring at him but look away. Oh this boy right here is too much. I’ve had enough! GET OUT OF MY WAY!!

“Excuse me please” I say in a quiet, calm voice. He laughs not moving one bit. Um what was that Mina you can do better than that! I won’t let people bully me like this again! I open my mouth in an attempt to say something but the girl interrupts.

“Kai oppa lets just go and watch the movie we’re going to be late. No point wasting our time on this pathetic girl.” She says emphasising on the word “pathetic”. She drills holes in my face with her eyes that are so cruel and evil.

“You’re right Hana lets go” Kai says while smirking at me. I look at him with a straight face but inside I’m hurting from the harsh and ruthless words that were just thrown at me. People say that words don’t hurt but they really do when you’re weak like me. I hate myself for this I can’t even take a few mean words. How am I meant to face the big and mean world out there that waits for me?

 

I open my locker and a note falls out and lands gently on the floor. I pick it up feeling nervous wondering what it is. It says

“Hey, Mina I’m not going to be in school today I have an appointment somewhere haha...So don’t wait for me at break or lunch..or after school. I’ll see ya tomorrow.

Chanyeol.”

I smile from reading the note. Ah Chanyeol why did you do this I would have known at break anyway hahaha he’s so cute. I put my things in shaking my head at the thought of clumsy Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

The bell rings and lunch is over. I spent the whole time on the bench outside listening to music. I rush towards my next lesson dance. I sigh remembering how awkward I felt last time. I get changed quickly and head towards the studio. Just like last time people are already sitting with their friends ready for the lesson to start. I don’t dare to look around the class this time. I take a seat quickly so that I don’t see Kai again. I look around wondering where he is but he’s nowhere to be seen. I turn to look at my right and see him already looking at me.

“Looking for me” He says raising his eyebrows with a smirk on his face. I make an disgusted face and look away. I can still feel his eyes on me looking at every detail of me from head to toe. Urgh why is he looking at me? ert.

 

“Alright class get into your positions” miss says clapping her hands to get everyone’s attention. I get up and go to the same spot last time I was in. The music starts and everyone copies misses movements. I however was still struggling to catch up and move in time with the music. I try not to feel uncomfortable but I still feel tense.

 

“Okay class now find a partner to dance with! Come on just find anyone! Don’t be shy!” Miss shouts out half smiling.

I just stood there hoping to disappear into thin air but I know that that is not going to happen. I feel awkward as every second passes. Everyone got into pairs except for you and one other person.

 

 

Kai.

 

 

 

 

 

*************************************************

DUNDUNDUUUU Hey you guys it's been a while T^T

But my exams are nearly over so hopefully I'll get to update more offten!! Yaaaay!

This is so short as well. NO next chapter I WILL make it so long okay :')

I'm so sorry for not updating though OTL 

Please comment ^^