Left in the cold...

Empty

 

 

 

 

 

Play this and read on into wonderland~ ^_^

*****************************************

 

 

I throw my bag on the floor and take off my jacket which is still wet. I walk over to my wardrobe and take out clean, dry clothes to change into. The only sound that fills the room is the tick tock sound from the light blue clock hanged on the wall. I entre the bathroom to take a shower and I stop in front of the mirror. I turn to face the mirror and stared at my reflection. All I can see is someone who’s living her life in guilt, shame and does things to please other people. I turn away and put the dry clothes and towel on the rack next to the door.

 

 

11: 30 pm the clock says and I sigh out while looking at the ceiling. Why can’t I sleep it’s not like I had any caffeine today. Well today was a bad day huh? Haha I must have been crazy thinking that the girls won’t do something to me. If they want that jerk Kai that bad then they can have him like I don’t even like him as a person for godsake. I turn over to my side and hit my head on the bedside table. “Oww! That hurt...urgh today is really not my day” I say as I rub my head. I go back on just getting lost in my mind. Those stupid girls just need to calm down and leave me out of this because I have absolutely no interest in Kai...WAIT I...I hugged Chanyeol...wait what...omg what am I going to do now. Urgh stupid me why did I hug him what if he...oh gosh what did I do. I don’t usual let people hug me or all that touchy feely stuff but why did I let him hug me?! Argh I don’t know I’m going to sleep.

 

 

 

 

I wake up to the smell of coffee and pancakes in the air. I inhale deeply and stretch out my arms on my bed. I look out the window just like the other day and realise that it’s a Saturday today. I smile in relief of not having to go to school and meet those evil girls. I get up and walk out the room, heading downstairs to the kitchen where the smell is coming from. I lazily slump onto the seat in the kitchen and wait until the food arrives on the table. My mum flips the pancake and then places one on a plate. She takes the mug of tea and the plate of pancakes. I watch her while waiting for the food and sit up in my seat when she turns around and walks towards the table.

“Good morning my dear~” She says placing the plate and mug in front of me.

“Good morning mum~” I reply back cheerfully and dig into my pancakes straight away. We have breakfast like this every Saturday morning and always at the same time 6am. My mum comes back to the table with her pancakes and coffee. I like the smell of coffee but not the taste it’s too bitter, I have a sweet tooth so I prefer tea more. I take a sip of the tea and scrunch up my face because of the hot tea burning my tongue. My mum looks at me with a “I’ve told you so many times to be careful while drinking something hot” on her face. I chuckle while scratching my head in shame.

 

 

 

I pull my pastel mint coloured hoodie over my head and put on my grey leggings on. I walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth. I pull faces while looking at the big mirror. I laugh at the faces I pull and then rinse out my mouth. I take the little blue clip from the side of the sink and clip my hair out of the way of my face. Sigh I have eyebags since I didn’t get a good sleep and urh my skin is not in a good condition at all. I walk out the bathroom and grab my backpack.

 

“Bye mum!” I say and head out the door. I hear her say something in the background but carried on walking out of the house. I look around once I’m on the pavement and the neighbourhood is quiet since its morning. I breathe out and the cold air causes my breath to steam. I feel a shiver down my spine and I rub me hands together trying to keep them warm. I pull up my hood and start to walk to the train station. The sound of the crows and small amount of cars passing by fitted perfectly for the quiet morning atmosphere. There was something about the early mornings and late nights that makes my heart flutter. I don’t know what it is but I always get this feeling at times like these.

 

 

 

There was a long line at the ticket machine and I sigh in frustration. I’m planning on going on a trip to the city to take pictures and videos. Finally, I got to the ticket machine and the screen has different options of a family of four ticket set, a two adult ticket set and other. I press other and select the 1 day pass ticket for an adult. It makes a cute ping sound as I press each button and the orange ticket comes out of the machine. I take the ticket and head to the gates. I put my ticket in and the gates open with my ticket waiting on the other side of the gate. I take the ticket and place it in my hoodie pocket. I wait for the train line Gyeongjeon. I check the screen above to see the due time and it says 5 min. I take a seat and wait for the train arrive.

 

The minutes pass quickly and I’m now already on the train. I take a seat right on the last carriage and the corner seat away from everyone else. I get comfortable in my seat and open my backpack to take out my professional camera. The train finally starts moving and I take a few pictures of the almost-empty carriage I’m in.  I check the few pictures I took and see a familiar face in one of them. Oh I’ve seen this face before...why is it so familiar? I overlook it and continue with checking the other pictures. I turn the camera set to video mode to film the rooftops of house and the blue clear sky. The train doesn’t get fuller or emptier at each stop. I stop filming the view outside and put the camera back into my bag. I lean my head against the window and start to daydream about how I’m going to put my film of Seoul together.

 

 

The train stops making me comeback to reality. I grab my backpack and get off the train. I take a deep breath in and look around the station trying to figure out which way to go. I try to remember when my grandparents took me out for a fun day in Seoul one summer. Ah now I remember it was this way hahaha. I shake my head for having such a bad memory and walk towards where most people where heading for. I headed up a flight of stairs and soon felt a cold breeze from outside. I rub my hands together to keep them warm and pull my hat down a bit more to cover my ears.

 

 

 

 

 

I look up to the tall Seoul Tower standing in front of me and I gasp slightly from how big it is. I feel excited as if I was the 12 year old me when I first visited here with my grandparents. I run to the entrance and get greeted by one of the workers there.  She smiles at me noticing how excited I actually am. 

“Hello, may I see your ticket please?” She asks politely and I ruffle into my bag trying to find it as quickly as I can.

“Ah here it is!” I say a bit louder than I hoped it to be. I scratch my head in embarrassment and hand it over to her. She scans the barcode on the ticket and gives it back to me. 

 

I go into the elevator which is already full of tourists; I squeeze in while apologizing to the other people who are getting attacked by my backpack. The lift went up to the top floor and the doors opened to the gift shop. I step out and take a few pictures of the gift shop.  There are many cute souvenirs and gadgets in the shop. I walk around scanning to find a gift that I bought back then with my grandparents. But it has been 6 years so it might not be here. Hm it’s probably not going to be here...it has been quite a while. I search a little more and find a section full of teddy bears to put on your phone.  It’s got to be here somewhere...urgh I wish I never lost my Lulu teddy bear. Teddy bear Lulu was cute and had a baby face look; his fur was pastel blue with a cute yellow ribbon on the neck. I’m starting to give up and scan the shelf once more. I sigh and turn around ready to walk out of the gift shop but I see a little girl holding a blue bear in her hand. I widen my eyes and walk closer to her slowly starting to bend down so I’m at her level.

 

“Oh can I see the toy you have in your hand?” I ask with a high pitch voice. I smile and hold out my hand. The cute little girl hands it over and to my suspicion it was the exact same bear as my Lulu. “Thank you, but can unnie have this toy it’s really special to me. I will buy you another one which is much cuter.” I say and wait eagerly for the little girl to reply.

“Okay I will let you have this since unnie is really pretty and kind.” The little girl said with a smile on her face.

“Oh really? Thank you so much for letting me have this and wait here I will buy you another one okay.” I quickly rush back to the teddy bear section and see a big purple bear with a blue ribbon. I grab it and quickly pay for it. I rush back to where the girl is and hand it over to her. was open and her eyes were wide open as well. I chuckle and bend down to her level again. She takes the bear slowly and looks at me in amazement. Soon she hugs the bear tightly and laughs a bit.

“Wow unnie you’re the best thank you!” She says and gives me a quick but tight hug like she did with the bear.

“It’s okay.” I say and pat her on the head lightly. The girl runs to her mum and shows her the teddy bear I bought. I smile and walk away toward the outside balcony.

 

 

 

It seems colder up here and you can see Seoul from above. I walked to the fence and take a look down. I step back a little as I’m not that keen on heights. The evening view from above is beautiful and overwhelming. I quickly take out my camera and take pictures of the orange-pink sky. The camera is now facing down and I take pictures of a bird’s eye view of the buildings. The sun is about to set so I change my camera setting to video mode and film the sunset. I hold the camera still and firmly so that I don’t drop it even though I have a strap around my neck.

 

I walk around the city that’s starting to get dark and the city lights are going on one by one.  I already took lots of pictures and films of different places in the city. There’s one more place that I must definitely film and take pictures, so I make my way there. I walk pass crowds of business men and women who seem to be in a rush to get home. The cold air against my face was refreshing in a way. I could see the bridge in the distance with the colourful lights on the edge. I smile widely and start to walk faster.

 

 

 

Kai’s P.O.V

I get off the train and it’s packed with all sorts of people since I’m in the inner city now of Seoul. I look around the station and see someone familiar. Oh isn’t that Mina? What is she doing here all alone? Ha I could ask myself the same question...but why should I care that Mina’s here. I guess I should get going now.

 

The city makes me forget things for a while and that’s why I love it. The cars and people going past me quickly makes me feel like I’m not here, on earth. I put my cold hands in my jacket pocket and snuggle my face in my black knitted scarf. I walk to the city bridge in the darkness of the night and admire the beauty of everything in this exact moment.

 There are tourists taking pictures of the bridge from below and not on the bridge since you’re not allowed to take them on the bridge. The flowing water from the side combined with the bright lights made everything seem unreal. There were security guards at each end of the bridge and the middle to make sure that no one was taking pictures on the bridge. I walk up the bridge with cars passing by every second like an ongoing thing.

The bridge was huge with lots and lots of lights from the afar buildings surrounding it. Somehow I felt at peace and felt protected from everything harmful in the world.

After a while I start to think about yesterday and how Chanyeol was hugging Mina. I feel frustrated, angry and sad all at the same time but I don’t know why. I lean against the bridge fence and breath out trying to calm myself. The city was loud but the thoughts in my mind are louder and does more harm to myself than anyone else. These thoughts didn’t let me sleep at all last night and I kept on thinking about Chanyeol and Mina. I run my hand through my hair roughly in frustration and look down in at the river below.  

 

 

 

 

Your P.O.V

The sky is now completely dark and I walk up the bridge slowly. The security guards look at me as I go up to the bridge and I blink in confusion. I wonder why they’re looking at me like that...erts. I ignore them and carry on walking. I look straight forward and see a familiar person like the one I saw on the train. It must be a mistake haha why would the same person be here...waaa this view is so pretty I can look at it forever. I should take pictures quickly and go home after this. I look down the bridge edge and see the black river below and shiver. I hate not knowing what’s in that water. I take out my camera and start taking pictures of the bridge and around it. I try out different settings on the camera to see which is best for a night view. I found a setting that is perfect for the night view and start to take more pictures. I was about to set it to film mode but suddenly I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turn around and to my shock it’s one of the security guards standing behind me with an annoyed look. Eh what does he want wait I’m not in trouble right? I turn around fully so that I’m facing him properly.

“Sorry to disturb you young lady but you’re not allowed to take pictures on the bridge.” The security guard said with a firm voice.

“Oh is it ah I apologise I guess I should leave then.” I said and bowed. I put my camera away in my bag and tried to leave.

“Wait a second I need to ask you to delete those pictures you just took.” He said with yet again that firm voice.

 

Just when I was about to take out the camera from my bag someone grabbed my arm and pulled me with so much force that I nearly fell. I start to run with this person and at the same time try to hold my hat so that it won’t drop off my head. The security guard is shouting after me and starts to run as well.

 

“YA YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO KEEP THOSE PHOTOS COMEBAAAACK!” He says while running as fast as he could. I look back at him and try to bow my head in apology. Oh god what have I got myself into wait who is this person? Why is he helping me? Actually this is making things worse not helping...I try to figure out who this person is but all I could see is his back profile. I slow down my steps and try to let my arm free from his grip.

“Are you not going to let go of me?!” I shout and try to get free. I struggle but he finally lets go of my arm. Some of my hair is in front of my face and my coat is dropping off my left shoulder. I fix my hair and coat in frustration. I hear the person chuckle from the way I’m acting making me look up to see his face. I widen my eyes in shock. It’s Kai.

“Ya why did you do that?” I ask with an angry tone in my voice but before I could get an answer he grabs my arm again and starts to run. I just run without fuss this time as I can hear a bunch of security guards running behind us. Kai is heading for the ferris wheel and I think that we’re thinking about the exact same thing.

 

 

 

 

We ran and ran and ran until we finally reached the ferris wheel. Kai quickly paid for the ferris wheel and we both went inside. I quickly ducked as one of the security guards looked over to our direction. They all went in different directions to find us and they quickly disappeared from our sight. I sigh in relief and lean back on the seat. The ferris wheel we are in is going upwards slowly and I look outside the window to look at the city. I turn my head towards Kai and Kai is already looking at me. We stare at each other for a while but we both break the silence by laughing our heads off.

 

“Did you hear the way the security gaud was shouting after us?!” Kai said struggling to hold in his laughter. I nod my head since I can’t speak because I’m laughing so much.

“And did you just see them looking all confused oh my god that was so funny” I said and clapped my hands in amusement. Soon Kai stopped laughing and went all serious and collected like the Kai he is at school. I stop laughing and realise that we’re actually getting along. “Urh so why did you save me?” I ask trying to make the atmosphere less awkward.

“Oh I I...I just saw that you was in some kind of trouble and thought I should help ahaha...” Kai said and scratched his head while not making any eye contact.

“Ah I see...wait but what was you doing there in the first place?” I said while I looked at him suspiciously.

“I was just there because...because I went on a date with Hana to the city and I was about to go home but instead this happened so...” Kai said quickly and still didn’t make eye contact.

“Oh Hana right so I guess she is your girlfriend haha...” I said in a monotone voice and look down in embarrassment. I can feel Kai’s eyes on me now but I don’t dare look up and keep my head down. I guess they are in a relationship haha. Of course they would be they may say that opposite attracts but that’s not true. She is really pretty anyway I am nothing compared to her...but why should I care this has nothing to do with me it’s not like I have a crush on Kai...I sigh out and take out my camera and take pictures of the city from above in the ferris wheel. I take my time admiring the night skyline in front of me.

 

 

“Can I ask you a question?” Kai asked in a low tone with a serious face. I look at him in the eyes and suddenly get nervous.

“Oh um yeah what is it?” I ask not wanting it to be an awkward question. I look down and brace myself for what he’s about to ask.

 

 

 

Kai’s P.O.V

“Why were you crying yesterday?” I ask while my heart beats wildly and I was unable to control it or what I’m saying.

 

“Oh that...you saw it? Um it’s something I’d rather not talk about but I’m sure you’ll hear some rumours about me around school. Rumours spread quickly so I’m sure you’ll hear about it soon” Mina said and ended it with a little chuckle. It wasn’t a happy chuckle but more of sad one which makes me even more concerned for Mina.

 

“Oh is it okay...but why did you hug Chanyeol?” I blurted out without thinking and look out the window breaking the eye contact. I wait anxiously for her to answer while I look out into the city. 

“You saw that as well ?? Oh well I didn’t hug him technically he hugged me first ...I guess he was just comforting me as a friend.” Mina said with yet again ending it with another chuckle.

“Oh r right I didn’t know you guys were friends I thought that you was dating each other or something” I say trying to sound cool but I’m actually boiling with anger inside.

“HAHA me and Chanyeol I don’t think so, he’s not my type.” She said sounding a bit more cheerful.

 

 

The rest of the ride was spent in silence and it wasn’t an awkward one which made me feel happy. Now I’m walking her home since it dangerous for a girl to be walking home in the dark late at night. We talked a little here and there throughout the journey home but it was soon filled in with the silence again but I still didn’t mind all that matters right now is me being next to her.

 

 

Your P.O.V

I pull my zipper up as far up as it can go and pull my hat down to keep more of me warm. I now regret bringing this flimsy jacket on this cold winter day. I shiver and put my hands in my pocket.

“Are you cold?” Kai asks and I nod slowly not knowing what he about to do next. Kai soon takes off his knitted scarf and wraps it around my neck while smiling gently. I keep my eyes on him the whole time, surprised at how close we are. Kai notices and just chuckles in an arrogant way. “Am I that handsome?” He says acting like the Kai he usually is. I puff out air in a frustrated way and turn away from him. We keep walking in the dark without saying a word to each other but somehow I feel  like this is how it’s suppose to be-peaceful and calm.

 

Now we’re at our house in front of the gate and I look at Kai who’s standing there with his usual smirk on his face. I blush in embarrassment and look somewhere else.

“Well thanks for dropping me home. I’ll see you on Monday” I say and turn around to open my gate. I walk down the front of the house and get my keys out.

“Wait Mina!” Kai says and I turn around to see him running in my direction. I stare at him blankly and stand there with my keys still in my hand.

He crashes into me making me yelp a bit and I widen my eyes when he wraps his arms around me tightly. I drop my keys while standing there awkwardly with Kai still clinging on to me. It felt like I was in his arms forever until he unwrapped them and gave me a quick smile.

“Bye Mina! See you on Monday!” Kai said while running out of the gate.  I look at the thin air blankly still trying to figure out what just happened. I blink continuously but still nothing. I can’t think of anything. I was left standing there in the cold until my dad taking out the rubbish pulled me inside.

“Mina what were you doing there in the cold you’ll catch a cold! AIGOO~” He said and closed the front door. 

 

 

 

 

 

***************************************

Ehuhuhu I will kill you all will flufflyness and yes

Hope you liked this chapter because I sure did ahaha and omg KAI'S BLONDE HAIR ASDFG|Hji

Sorry for not updating a long time I was really stuck on this chapter. ^__^"