It Doesn't Matter Any More

Empty

 

Detention is finally over and I’m now walking in the empty hallway. It’s so silent that it’s starting to creep me out. I walk faster and I get to the stairway, when I get the shock of my life.

I see that jerk with the girl that I saw in detention. OMG they’re making out, EW ha well I guess their arrogant, annoying and obnoxious similar personalities suits each others...who would want to kiss that jerk anyway?! I back away slowly and tip toed to the other stairway.

Something catches the corner of my eye as I’m walking to the gates. I look to the right and there’s a familiar figure in the distance. I’m trying to get a better view of the person but it starting to rain, I start to run towards the gate and I take one more look at the person in the distance but he’s still standing there while looking into space. Why does he look so pitiful?...

 

 

 

 

The house is empty and silent as usual, and all I can hear right now is rain drops falling to the ground one by one. All the boxes are against the wall in the living room. Wow finally everything is done and I can now feel at home. I put my bag down and water is dripping from my drenched clothes. I sigh in annoyance while I walk to my room. I look into my wardrobe to see if there’s any dry clothes for me to get changed in, and a few sweatshirts and jeans are hanging lifelessly. I guess I have to go to the mall for some new clothes, how bothersome urgh. I go back downstairs and dump myself onto the sofa. I turn on the tv and flick through the channels when something catches my eyes. I turn up the volume, listening to the news reporter carefully.

“There has been a major car crash involving a child and a mother. The child is now in hospital with serious injuries but the mother was pronounced dead at the scene.”

That’s when I feel my chest getting heavy making it hard to breathe and the memories come back into my mind again somehow. I’m starting to scream and shout in anger and guilt. I drop to the floor and start to kick the sofa but that wasn’t enough so I start to punch the floor as hard as I could. I want the pain that’s trapped inside to get out. After a few minutes I get tired so I just lay there still with a mind that’s tangled and full of horrible thoughts.

 

 

I get up earlier than normal. I walk to the bathroom to get cleaned up then get changed into my hoodie and jeans. I get my bag from where I left it yesterday and head out the door.

 


 

I’m at school now and it’s quiet since no one is here yet. I enter my tutor room and sit at my desk. I stare out of the window, slowly drifting off into my own little world. I was just getting into it when someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turn around to see that it’s Chanyeol smiling brightly like he does everyday. How does he do it? How can he smile like that everyday? It’s like he has nothing to be scared about.

“Hi Mina, what are you doing here so early?”

“Hm oh I don’t really know what doing here this early actually and I could ask you the same thing” I let out a little chuckle trying to not look so miserable.

“Ah I see you just suddenly appeared here haha and I’m here because I have to umm clean the practice rooms” He scratches his head and from that I knew that he was lying but it didn’t bother me so much.

“Oh wow you have to do those sorts of things, This school is really strict hahaa.” I look down at my books on my desk since I hate having eye contact. I can feel him still looking at me which is making my uncomfortable.

“ O what happened to your hand?!?” He takes my hand looking at it carefully.  “This looks serious you should let me clean it up a bit.”

 

 

The medical room smells like a hospital which makes me cringe. Chanyeol is now looking for some bandages and wet wipes. I sit on the cold bed while looking at my hand that’s has cuts and bruises on it. He finally finds the bandages and he comes to sit next to me. I usually don’t allow people to come this close to me but since it’s Chanyeol I allow him. He takes my hand and starts to wipe it gently and once it’s clean he starts to wrap the bandage around my hand. It hurts but I hide it with a straight face.

“All done and fixed” Chanyeol said while smiling.

 

In piano lesson I have to sit out and just learn a few music notes since I can’t play with my hand like this. I soon get bored of reading the notes again and again so I get my phone out and start to play some games.

 

 

 

 

 

I walk into the lunch hall and see Chanyeol sitting at a table by himself. I walk up to the table and sit in front of him. He’s looking at something in the distance not realising that I’m here. So I look to the direction that he’s looking and I see Kai with that girl again. I try not to get annoyed from seein their faces so I turn around to face Chanyeol again but he’s still glaring at them.

“Why are you looking at them like that Chanyeol oppa?” He finally looks at me and smiles by the fact that it’s my first time calling him oppa.

“Oh it’s nothing I just dislike both of them to be honest that’s all” I’m curious to know why he’s like this so I turn my face sideways.

“But something must of happened for you to feel this way.” I can see him getting a bit annoyed by my question and his eyes are full of anger and frustration.

He replied sharply which made me flinch a bit. “Something happened between us years ago okay that’s all so you don’t have to worry.” 

 

 

 

 

 

****************************************

Hey you guys it's been a while since I last updated T^T I have to study for my exam in January 

I will make the next chapter longer and more interesting! I really appreciate all of you guys saranghae! <33