Angel in Disguise

Empty

Long chapter ahead with a lot of drama and heartache but enjoy! ^^

***********************************************************

 

 

 

The traffic light turned green but I just stood there, frozen in the spot. I can’t move or explain this feeling which is so new and overwhelming. Kai crossed the street without breaking eye contact and it drives my heart even crazier. It feels like a slow motion like how they do in romance movies, Kai looks like an angle with the sunlight shining from the back of him, making his hair glow orange-brown. The look in his eyes changes the more closer he gets to me and its almost like he shape shifts into the jerk Kai. Maybe he doesn’t want people to know about his sadness, so he hides behind a mask…I take a step back when I he comes closer to where I’m standing and finally he stops in front of me. Neither of us saying anything for a while but we just stare at each other. I must look so flustered right now and urh my hair is still kind of a mess.

“Mina…” Kai said and smirked slightly. It was one of his infamous smirks and he’s back to the jerk Kai again. Even though I dislike this side of him, I could only give out a weak hum as a reply and felt my cheeks get even warmer.

 

Kai’s P.O.V

“Mina…” I said quieter than I intended it to be but it doesn’t matter I just need to tell Mina how I feel. Maybe not here but somewhere more private. She replied with a hum which was the cutest thing ever. “Since I helped YOU yesterday by giving you a piggyback I think that you should at least buy me some coffee.” My hearts beating so fast but no I need to look cool and act normal. There’s no reply so I look at her anxiously and see her shocked face which makes me chuckle. “Why do you looked so shocked? Its law that you must repay someone after they’ve helped you right?” I said playfully and tried to make the atmosphere less awkward.

“Oh urh wait what?” Mina said still not sure about what I said.

“I said buy me some coffee since I helped you get home yesterday. Is your ankle okay now?” That last part was not meant to come out. Oh god what did I just do, I’m not meant to look like I care about her.

“Wait oh coffee? You want me to repay you…urm okay but oh my ankle is fine thanks….” Mina said still in a bit of a daze.

Phew at least I didn’t get rejected that’s all that matters. What happened last night comes into mind and makes me wonder if Mina really meant what she said or if it was just a mistake.

 

Your P.O.V.

“I said buy me some coffee since I helped you get home yesterday. Is your ankle okay now” Kai said the last part quickly but I heard it clearly.

“Wait oh coffee? You want me to repay you…urm okay but oh my ankle is fine thanks…” I replied without thinking and remembered after what I said about the fight I had at school today. Cherry said that she doesn’t want me in the way of Kai….maybe I shouldn’t have agreed but hm I should at least repay him once right. I’ll only do this once and then I’ll just completely cut out Kai from my life. It’s for the best, Kai’s not good for me and we’re not meant for each other. He doesn’t even like me.

I get rid of the thought of what Cherry said and follow Kai. I walked behind Kai but stopped suddenly in my steps when I thought of what Chanyeol told me at lunch again. I look at him walking in front of me and think of how lonely and sad he must be. No MINA don’t feel sorry for him it’s not like I’ll be able to get closer to him and help him urh. He already has a girlfriend (Hana) I shouldn’t even think about being friendlier with him. No.  

 

 

After 10 minutes of walking in complete silence we arrive at a cute little café on a deserted street. How come I’ve never known about this cute café?? A bell rang when Kai opened the door and held it open for me. I look at him in shock again and go inside slowly. Why does he have to do nice little things like holding the door for me? Its going to make me like him even more Urgh. It hardly had any customers but the décor looked new and modern. I go to the counter to order one café Americano and one hot chocolate for myself. Kai took a seat near the window and gazed out of the window. The drinks came shortly after the order and the smell of sweet hot chocolate and bitter black coffee made a bittersweet aroma. Wow even the aroma of drinks are trying to tell me that we’re nothing alike. It’s all just bittersweet. I placed the coffee in front of Kai and go to the door to leave the café.

“There I’ve repaid you that’s enough right.” I was about to leave with my Christmas decorated paper cup in my hand but Kai didn’t even respond to what I just said. O what’s wrong with Kai? Did he not hear me? Arh I shouldn’t care now that I’ve repaid him…but I just can’t leave him like this. I walk over to his table and place my cup of hot chocolate down. I wave my hand in front of his face to make him come back to reality and finally he looks at me a bit shocked. “I got your coffee, so I’m going to leave now.” I proceed to stand up and leave but Kai tugs on my coat like how a little child would. Omg no I was going to end it here nice and cleanly but now he wants me to stay. What do I do?? I turn around and see the dull look on his face which made my heart ache a little.

“Just stay with me until I finish drinking this coffee.” Kai said with a monotone voice. His voice sounded so sad that I can’t just leave him so I sit back down again and stare at his face. Why is he so sad today? Usually he’s so cold and arrogant. He takes a sip of his black coffee and doesn’t even react to the bitterness of the taste.

“Ya why are you being all quiet and mysterious? You’re scaring me.” I said a little playfully to cheer up the mood a little but Kai doesn’t even smirk or chuckle like he usually would. I take a look at his face one more time and take a sip from my hot chocolate.

“Its my mum you see…” Kai said quietly and looked down at his cup of coffee. “Ah it doesn’t matter, I shouldn’t tell you ahaha” He said hesitantly and tried to act normal again. A smile appeared on his face to cover up his real emotions and he looked like the usual Kai again but I know something is bothering him. What about his mum? Maybe she’s depressed because of everything that’s happened? But that’s weird Chanyeol didn’t tell me anything about Kai’s mum. Oh well since he told me to keep this as a secret soI won’t question Kai. “Mina now that we’re not dance partners anymore are you sad?” Kai asked trying to be the normal jerk Kai again. I remember the glances that we gave each other in dance earlier on and bush hardly.

“Urh no I’m actually glad we’re not partners anymore. I like my new partner more at least he’s kind unlike someone.” I said to annoy Kai since he’s the one that usually annoys me first. No I’m not glad, I didn’t want a partner change. But I guess its for the better though Kai. We should no longer meet or talk with each other after this. The thought of this killed me but I have to get away because if I don’t now things will just get worse.

“Oh come on I know you’re lying. You’re going to miss me so much, be honest.” Kai said in an arrogant tone and even though its the truth, I still feel a bit annoyed at how right Kai was. He’s right.

 

“Oh please I won’t miss a single bit of you ha!” I hope that my lying isn’t too obvious and take a sip from my cup to distract myself. The café now had a few more customers and the room was filled with noise coming from forks clanging on plates and people talking.

 

 

Kai’s P.O.V

 

“Oh come on I know you’re lying. You’re going to miss me so much, be honest.” She’s so in denial haha. Why is she lying to me? I already know her secret no point in trying to hide the fact that YOU like ME MINA. This is just funny ah…

 

“Oh please I won’t miss a single bit of you ha!” Mina said but her face shows it all, she’s lying! She couldn’t even say that while looking at me in the eyes. Does she really think she’s convincing me right now? Should tell her what she said yesterday because she doesn’t seem to remember ahaha. Or I could just not say anything and teaser her from now on…but that somehow wasn’t the answer that I wanted…I want to be her best friend, her boyfriend, fall asleep while she sings to me, the one she runs to when all things are wrong and above all that I want to be her everything like how she is my everything now. I’ve forgotten all about Hana, I didn’t even like her. She would just force herself on me and was annoying but Mina she’s opposite all of that. I’ve never met anyone like this girl and I don’t think I ever will. I just don’t know how to tell her all of this….what if she was just lying about what she said last night or she was just confused. What if she doesn’t feel the same?

 

 

After we finished our drinks and our “argument” about who will miss each other the most, Mina checked the time its nearly 8pm. Mina freaks out about how her parents are going to be mad and how they’re going to ground her. “I have to go now. Bye.” Her voice suddenly changed, it sounded cold. Why does she sound mean all of the sudden? Did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong? See Kai, she doesn’t like you…just leave her alone after this.

She tried to run home but with her ankle still hurting her, I carried her on my back again after she refused many times.


“Ya you told me your ankle was okay, you lied?!” I scold her and turned my face to look at her a bit. Our faces were so close I could barely focus on walking which nearly made me trip but I got my balance luckily. Arh Kai why are you so dumb?!! “oh you even did dance class today, why? You could have made it worse” I scold her again but there’s no reply. Why is she not answering? I really must have said something wrong. Kai you always just mess things up don’t you.

 

The walk to her house was awkward but I like having her close to me so I didn’t mind. I was right in front of her door when I felt a wet patch on my shoulder. Wait is she crying?! I must have said something to really upset her then. Oh god what did I do?! I put her done quickly and face Mina. Tears roll down her face and she looked down to hide her face. I stood there for a second not knowing what to do or say. “Mina? Why are you crying? Did I say or do something wrong? If I did then I’m sorry.” I try to place my hand on her cheek to wipe away her tears but she slaps my hand away and runs to the door. I watched her go in the house with my hand still up in the air, shocked and confused about what just happened.

 

 

Your P.O.V

 

I just couldn’t hold in my tears anymore the thought of not being able to talk to Kai and ignoring him made my heart ache too much. The tears just roll down my cheeks onto his shoulder. This is for the best, everyone else doesn’t like see us together and the bullying will just get worse. I don’t deserve anyone like Kai anyway what was I thinking in the first place. I should have just thought of him as a jerk like how I did in a beginning. It’s not like I even have a chance anyway. I’m just the invisible girl, Mina…

 

 

 

“Mina? Why are you crying? Did I say or do something wrong? If I did then I’m sorry.” Kai said with a certain urge and panic in his voice. That made me cry even more because I didn’t want this to end with him thinking he did something wrong but I guess this is how things will turn out. He tried to wipe my tears away but I slap his hand away because I have to end things today. I already know the ending to our story if we continue like this. Things will get worse and he’ll probably leave me once he finds something better anyway just like what my ex best friend did. I’ll be the one that’s hurt the most in the end because that’s how it always ends with me. This is my reality.

 

I walk in the living room slowly, I already know what’s coming to make things worse than it already is. I’m in big trouble. I wipe my tears away and put on my normal face. My parents are sitting on the couch in the silence and I get ready for all the scolding ahead of me. I walk in front of both of them and I get death glares from both of them.

 

“Mum, dad I’m sorry I just lost track of time and I only realised what the time was after sometime. I will never do it again I’m sorry.” It isn’t hard to put on a sad face and voice since I already am.

 

“How CAN YOU BE SO CALM WE WERE WORRIED SICK. I’M SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU AND SO IS YOUR MUM. ITS THAT BOY AGAIN ISN’T IT. I KNOW IT IS. EVER SINCE I SAW HIM I KNEW HE WOULD BE TROUBLE. MINA YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON YOUR STUDIES AND MOST OF ALL YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON YOUR PIANO CLASSES NOT ABOUT SOME USELESS BOY! YOU’RE GROUNDED!” My dad shouted at the top of his lungs but my mum just sat there quietly but I can tell by her face that she was disappointed in me as well. I stood still and what my dad said about Kai makes me so angry but I can’t shout back since I’ll just make things worse.

 

“Okay dad, I’m sorry. Don’t worry about me getting distracted since I won’t be seeing that boy anymore ever again.” I said quietly and headed upstairs to my room. I hear my mum saying quietly “ya you didn’t have to be that harsh” to my dad but I didn’t hear his reply. I close the door behind me and lean against it while thinking back on the look Kai had on his face when I slapped his hand away. The look of hurt and confusion is all I can remember and I feel tears rolling down my face. I’m sorry Kai…

 

After I got into my pyjamas and brushed my teeth, I sat on my bed looking outside of my window. The view from my window was of the street and front of the house so I always look up to the sky since it’s more interesting. The dark night sky is empty and the stars aren’t there like last time so I decide to just lay in bed instead. I stare at my ceiling and think about everything that’s happened with Kai. The way he hugged me, the way he looks at me and just everything about him was perfect. I let my tears roll down my cheeks and slowly start sobbing silently. I’m sorry Kai, this is all my fault.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning I wake up with puffy eyes and a stuffy nose. What a great combination to wake up to ah. I knew I shouldn’t have cried my eyes out last night but I just couldn’t stop…

I get up and head towards the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower. I stopped in front of the mirror to inspect my puffy, swollen, red eyes and gasp at the horrible sight in front of me. “OMG I look like something out of a horror movie!” Hopefully my eyes will calm down after I take a shower.

 

 

 

I arrive at school early, since I woke up before my alarm went off and the gates are open to my surprise. Wow its 7:30am but the gates are already open? I bet there’s no one here yet just how I like it. I walk in the courtyard of the school and take a seat at a bench there. The fresh air was bitter cold but it was refreshing and woke me up more. I take out my headphones and phone to distract the thoughts of Kai on my mind. All I want to listen to is sad songs to fit the mood I’m in right now so I press play.

 

 

 

 

Break came quickly and I’m now hiding in one of the toilet cubical since I don’t want to bump into Kai. The only sound that filled the silent, empty toilet was the dripping from the tap. I somehow always end up in toilet cubicles like this…oh well at least this is better than bumping into him during break. Ah I have piano practice after this again and then oh god tomorrow is the day. The real performance. But that means tomorrow is the last day then we have 2 weeks holiday…that means I won’t see or hear from Kai…I shouldn’t be sad this is a perfect timing to get over him and move on. After looking at my musical sheet and practicing my piece in my head, the bell rang obnoxiously. I picked up my rucksack and braced myself for piano practice. Okay Mina you can do this just don’t be nervous like last time everything will be fine. I enter the classroom and take my usual seat. The class was already half full but my teacher is yet to be seen. Maybe he’s not in today and class is cancelle-

Just when I was feeling relieved that there might not be class my teacher came into the classroom all happy and cheerful which was unusual. Wow he looks happy for the first time ever…probably bc tomorrow is our last day before the holidays ahaha.

 

“Good afternoon everyone! Today is our last day to practice our performance, so let’s all do our best and play with passion. Now everyone head to the hall!” My teacher shouted in a cheery voice and has a smile plastered on his face. His mini speech motivates me so I don’t feel as nervous now, hopefully I won’t be nervous when I go on stage.

 

 

One by one people performed their pieces excellently and now it’s my turn to play my piece. I walk up to the stage and take a seat at the piano. “Okay Mina, whenever you’re ready and just remember to play it with feeling and understand what your piece is about.” The teacher said with a gentle tone and it calmed my nerves down a little more. I take a breath in and my fingers start to move naturally.

 

Play it with feeling…

 

 

 

 

 

 

After pouring out my heart and soul while playing my piece there was dead silence. Then one clap lead to another and now the whole class was clapping. Oh was I um…that good…wow. “Mina! That was what I have been waiting for! That was just beautiful. Way better than yesterday and I can feel your emotions as the audience. That is what a performer is supposed to do everyone. Now Mina just play like that in tomorrow’s show and it will be a success.” I take a bow and mouth “thank you” to my teacher, I take a seat near the front of the hall. The lesson was over after the last few people played their pieces and got advice from the teacher.

 

I head out of the hall to go to science…I hate science. It was a long walk to science since my classroom is all the way over on the other side of the school but it gave me time to be alone and to be honest I kind of like being alone sometimes. It gives me time to think and relax a bit. I guess I’m used to being alone because I am the only child plus I’ve never really had that many friends anyway. There were always times where I would have to find a way on my own and even through all the struggle that I have come across, I somehow make it out fine. Maybe it’ll be the same with Kai and by the end of all of it I came get over him and be fine. I got to class just on time and I try to stop thinking about Kai but that’s nearly impossible.

 

 

 

The teacher talked on and on about how we need to study all this stuff over the holidays and if we don’t we’ll fail but none of the students really looked bothered. I doodled in my book and wrote down some of my favourite quotes but amongst all the writing the name Kai was written in capitals. Huh when did I write that?...I must be going crazy urh Kai is making me crazy. I just need to stop now but how? How do I stop liking someone like Kai…

Pictures of Kai came flooding into my mind and I couldn’t stop seeing his smile, his lips but most of all his eyes. Those eyes that are so deep and full of passion, those eyes that are silently crying out for help and in need of someone to just see the real Kai. That’s it I won’t hide anymore. I won’t be afraid of other people’s opinions. I don’t want to regret this one thing, I’ve already missed so many opportunities in life that I regret still to this day but I don’t want to regret anymore. I need to be with Kai. I can’t even last a day without him. “TODAY IS THE DAY I WILL ACTUALLY START LIVING!” I pump my fist in the air and stood up from my chair only to come to realization that I’m still in science and now everyone is laughing at my stupidity. “Sorry…” I say quietly and sit down in my seat again but the teacher had her eye on me for the rest of the lesson.

 

 

 

 

 

The last few minutes until end of class were painfully slowly, that when the bell rang I ran out of the class to the lunch hall to see if I could find Kai. He’s not hear yet though. I place my bag on the seat next to me and wait for Chanyeol to come. Maybe Kai won’t come to lunch and avoid me like how I avoided him at break. What if he’s with that Hana girl? Kai and Hana both walked into the lunch hall like they had somehow read my mind and went to sit in their usual seat. I turn away quickly, looking down at my hands resting on the table and pray that Kai just doesn’t see me. I fiddle with my fingers nervously and feel my heart beat increase. I can’t go up to him now and explain why I was like that yesterday. It’ll be awkward if Hana’s there…wait he’s with Hana again, urh Mina that’s his girlfriend nothing will ever happen between us. I should just be friends with Kai I guess that’s better than being strangers. Plus I made a decision to start living my life from now on and stop being so dull…but its so hard to change just like that. That’s what most people don’t understand. People like me who have anxiety in everyday life can’t just change all of the sudden. Its hard. What I hate most is that my own parents don’t know how hard it is to change. But this time I really want to change for the better and face reality instead of always running back to fantasy whenever something goes wrong. Chanyeol plonked down on the seat in front of me and got his Gameboy out straight away. “Ah Chanyeol you’re so childish, it’s cute.”

 

He stops playing his game and looks at me in disbelief for a while. “Arh I lost the game because of you…damn it” Chanyeol looks back down to his Gameboy and starts pressing the keys roughly almost to the point where it looks like it’ll break. Wow he’s really angry. I chuckle while looking at his annoyed face and forget all about Kai.

 

 

 

 

Kai’s P.O.V

I head into the lunch hall with annoying Hana tagging along next to me. Urh I just don’t want Mina to think that I’m with her because I want to be, she just tags along thinking that I like her back. All these years we’ve been together but I still don’t really like Hana. They say how a guy and a girl can’t be just friends forever but that’s not true. I have no feelings for Hana at all I just let myself be her pet because she kept on bugging me if I ignored her. Ah! Mina might get even more upset if she sees us together like this. What should I do? Should I just run away from Hana and Mina? Urh its too late she saw us. “Oppa I missed you so much. Don’t ignore me like that ever again okay?” Hana said obnoxiously into my left ear and latches her arm onto mine like I’m her property.

I take a seat in a position where I can keep Mina in my view and watch her fiddle her fingers like she’s nervous about something. She still angry about yesterday isn’t it? Oh god how am I going to fix this. I’ve just made it even worse now that she’s seen me with Hana. Hana keeps on talking about places where we could go to during the holidays but I don’t even bother to listen to her and keep on staring at Mina. “OPPA ARE YOU LISTENING?” Hana shouts in a frustrated voice and give me her angriest face. I hum to reply to her question but keep on staring at Mina behind her. Even from behind she looks so beautiful.

 

 

It’s halfway through lunch and I’m still watching Mina who is now talking cheerfully with Chanyeol. That damn Chanyeol. Who am I kidding? Look at both of them they’re meant for each other…maybe that saying about how guys and girls that are friends developing feelings for each other is true. Mina must like Chanyeol not me. She spends more time with him plus all I’ve ever been to her is a jerk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Your P.O.V

The last bell rang and I’m ready to find Kai and just tell him why I was like that yesterday. I have to do this. I ran to my locker and got my notebooks then quickly went to the nearest toilet. Once come out I walk through the crowded hallway and see a Kai’s figure in the distance. Panic slightly creeps in and I slow down my walking pace. My legs feel weak and I start to get a dry throat. I need to do this. Kai was nowhere to be seen in the same hallway after I had my mini panic attack. I quickly went to his locker and saw Hana standing in front of him. Hana AGAIN urh what bad timing. She looked at me with a smirk on her face and looked back at Kai. I walk a bit more closely to them and act like I’m waiting for someone else.

 

“Kai since you ignored me for days, I think you should repay me.” Hana said in an annoyingly cute voice and looks back at me again. Her eyes are just so harsh and full of hate. She's definitely a devil in an angel's disguise. But what is she talking about Kai ignoring her for days??

 

“How am I going to repa-” I look up to see why Kai stops talking and see Hana kissing Kai. That’s when my heart dropped. Hana opens her eyes and looks directly at me. I feel tears welding up in my already swollen eyes. Kai pushes Hana away with frustration and I stand there like the lame invisible girl I’ve always been.  What have I been thinking all of this time? I shouldn’t be here. I turn on my heels and run as fast as I can. “Hana what do you think you’re doing?! I’ve had enough of you! Don’t you dare talk to me again. I like someone else now. I never had feelings for you anyway.” Kai said and wiped his mouth on his sleeve. He tries to walk away but stops in his tracks when he sees Mina running in the distance.

“I think that someone just saw us kissing. She’s probably crying her eyes out now what a pathetic little girl.” Hana said in a bitter voice and laughs hysterically. Kai looks back at Hana and looks at her with disgust but he couldn’t waste any more time so he runs after me.

 

 

 

Kai checks all over town and the café that we went to but I’m nowhere to be seen. I was gone.

 

 

 

 

Kai’s P.O.V

I knock on Mina’s front door with my clenched fist and start to panic when no one answers. That’s when I hear a small sound from inside like someone’s just sat down on the floor on the other side.

 

“Mina? Is that you?!” no reply but I know it’s got to be her since she’s not anywhere in town so she must be home. “Mina I know its you please just listen to me. I…I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you like that and if I did something wrong last night as well I’m sorry. I know you saw me and Hana kiss just now but the kiss meant nothing. I don’t have feelings for her. I like you. You only Mina.” I wait for some sort of reply but she doesn’t say a word. I feel frustration rising up and start to knock on the door desperately. “Mina please open the door. I want to see you, please….Mina I know that you feel the same way as me. I know that you like me too, so please just open the door.” I start to feel my heart aching when I hear Mina crying from inside. That’s when I get angry and feel helpless. “Mina please I’m begging you please…” I couldn’t continue begging since my throat started to swell and tears rolled down my cheeks slowly. I kneel down in defeat and hide my face in my palms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*****************************************************************************

So that took me so long to write omg >_< I was stuck on it but yh got it finished yay~

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and don't worry guys things will work out between Mina and Kai...or maybe not muhahaa...you'll have to wait for the next chapter!

I really appreciate all comments, so please feel free to comment. ^__^

See yaa~ ^__^