Starlight

Empty

Kai's P.O.V.

“Well because...I don’t want to see or talk to you JERK!” Mina said and ran out of school.

I stare at her running until finally she’s disappeared into the distance. “Psht...what was I expecting anyway” I shake my head and walk back up to the dance studio to get my stuff. The grey hallway made the school have a hospital-like atmosphere to it and made school seem even more depressing.  I entre the dance studio and see where I had left my bag which sat on the floor lifelessly. I grab my bag and swing it onto my shoulder. I head down the stairs and get to the door which Mina just left from. Suddenly, I hear thunder and then a flash of lightning strikes down. I jump a little bit from the suddenness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh this is just my lucky day I guess I’ll be home drenched in water. I pull up my hoodie and run out into the rain. I see Mina still walking slowly with a limp up the hill in the distance when I looked to my right. I feel sorry for her and I want to help her but she doesn’t seem to like me that much. I sigh and turn around going off in the other direction. Just like she said why do I care so much...it’s not like she a close friend of mine. Argh I don’t know anymore this isn’t important to me. I’m just going to forget about it now.

 

 

 

 

 

I got home just as imagined-drenched in water making me look like I just fell into a pool or something. I turn the doorknob and roll my eyes knowing how much of a fuss mum’s going to make. I open the door slowly and step inside the house as quietly as I can. I try to take off one shoe while still standing up. I start to lose my balance but I plonk down onto the floor with a light thud. “Ah ow ow” I whimper as quietly as I can. The whole house was still and seemed like my mum had gone to the supermarket. I walk across the living room to get to the stairs but something catches the corner of my eye. The house is dark and not one light is even on so it’s hard to see what is on the kitchen floor. I walk a bit more closer to the thing on the floor. I widen my eyes in shock when I realise that it’s my mum lying on the floor with a bottle of wine in her right hand and her hair in a mess. I rush towards her and bend down to her level.
 

“Umma! Umma! Can you hear me?!” I frantically shake her shoulders and she opens her eyes slightly to look at my face.

 

“Oh Kai you’re back home. I’m okay...I just had a few...drinks so don’t worry.” She said in a slow, soft tone which is barely audible. I sigh in relief and pick up her sleepy body.

 

“Mum you’ve got to stop this bad habit, I know you do it to drown your sorrows away but that only lasts for a few hours. It’s only a temporary pain killer.” I say while walking over to her bedroom and then placing her on the bed. She’s already asleep and didn’t hear one thing I just said. I tuck her in and try my best to hold my tears back. I hate seeing my mum like this. I go out of the room, closing the door carefully.  I run my hand through my hair and walk to the kitchen to clean up the mess my mum made. There was alcohol on the white marble floor and my mum’s ring on the floor. I pick up the ring and put it on the counter of the kitchen. I stare at the ring for a while and it stares back at me as well. I look down at the floor and soon feel a lump in my throat. I fall down on my knees in defeat and let the tears that I’ve been holding in out.

 

 

I look up at the ceiling that has glowing stars and moons on it. I remember the day when I put them up on the ceiling with my dad when I was younger.

 

Flashback  

“All done” my dad said when the last of the glowing sticker was put up on the ceiling and he smiled in admiration.

“Dad now I really will be able to see the stars and moon in my room now!” I said full of excitement. I jumped up and down on my bed. My dad picked me up and held me in his arms.

“Haha that’s right now you really have the stars and moon captured in your room. So whenever you miss me just look up at them and I’ll be there.” He said in a gentle voice and chuckled.

“Why would I miss you dad? You’re not going anywhere are you?” my voice was full of concern and I got a bit sad.

“Ahahaa why would you think that? I’m not going anywhere. I will always be by your side but right now is your bedtime so go to sleep.” He tucked me in and tickled me a bit to cheer me up. I laughed uncontrollably and kicked my legs in the air. “Goodnight my dancing prince” He said and kissed my forehead.

Present

The memory faded as I came back to reality and looked at the digital clock which was on my bed stand. The red light said “1:34am” I my side and closed my eyes to slowly drift off into a peaceful sleep.  

 

 

 

Your P.O.V.

The next day I got up with a sore throat and I have a headache. Argh if only it didn’t rain yesterday then I wouldn’t have gotten this stupid cold. I get up to see that it’s 3am still. I look outside just to make sure that I’m not dreaming. It was still dark and the stars where shining more than I’ve ever seen before. I sit up and open the curtains to take a proper look at the night sky. I gasp slightly amazed at the sight before my eyes. I rush to get my camera from my desk and quickly went back to my bed. I adjusted the camera focus and took one photo of the sky. I check my camera to see if the picture was good. Oh this looks better than I thought and there’s one star that shines brighter than the rest haha. This picture will be good if I put it up on my blog. I look back at the sky and the brightest star is still shining in the sky. I smile and go back to sleep.

 

 

 

 

Kai’s P.O.V.

I wake up suddenly from a nightmare. I look around the room in a panic and realise that it was only a dream. I look at the clock and it says “3:20 am” I shake my head and decide to get out of bed to calm down a little. I walk over to the big window in my room and look up to the sky. The stars were shining brightly.  I open my balcony door and head outside. The cool breeze refreshed my mind and calmed me down. There was one star which shined the brightly and I stared at it for what seemed like forever. Another breeze came over which made me shiver and I went back inside. I lay on my back with my arms spread out at the side of me.

 

 

start to think about what happened with Mina before going home at school. Why was she watching me dance and then run away when I try to talk to her? Did I do something wrong? I must of done something wrong right...and she even called me a jerk...but I don’t see what I did wrong...see this is what happens when I try to be nice to people I just get rejected and I end up looking like an idiot. Arh I don’t know anymore she’s so confusing and I don’t know why this is bothering me I’m going to SLEEP.

I toss and turn in my bed trying to sleep. I check the cloak and it says “5:20am” I widen my eyes in shocked and try my best to go back to sleep again.

“Arh this isn’t working I should just give up trying to sleep now it’s pointless!” I say in an annoyed voice.  This is because of stupid MINA AND HER CONFUSINGNESS. I’m just going to keep treating her badly now theres no point treating her nice if she still thinks I’m a jerk. I spent the rest of the early morning just like that and soon it was time to go to school.

 

 

 

 

 

Your P.O.V.

The school day went faster than I imagined and my last lesson was dance which I was dreading to go to since my partner is Kai. I get changed slowly and drag myself into the studio and as usual the other people are already sitting on the floor. I didn’t bother to look around the room to find Kai. I just sat down with the rest and waited for the teacher to speak.

“Okay you guys today you will work with your partner but I want to do something different today. I have noticed that some of you do not trust your partners enough and this can be a problem when it comes to dancing. I have prepared activities which will strengthen the trust between you and your partners!” Miss said in a cheerful voice but the whole class moaned not wanting to do the activities. I got nervous and wanted some way to get out of this situation.  “NOW NOW NO I want you guys to be open minded and just corporate well. Once you start you will find it fun. Now get to into your pairs!”

 

I get up slowly and look up to see Kai standing there with a face that’s hard to read. I walk over to him and stand next to him but not too close. I hear him sigh out of annoyance and I look at him amazed by what he just did. Ha why should I be shocked he is a jerk anyway and I don’t even want to do this either.

“Okay class one of the pairs pick up the blind fold which is on the floor and tie it around your partner. In this activity your will hold you blind folded partner’s hand and start off with walking slowly and gradually start to run to the end of this studio and the swap. Okay now go whenever you’re ready.”

Kai took the blind fold and passed it to me. I looked at it for a moment knowing that I’m going to make myself look like an idiot. I tied it around my head to cover my eyes and held out my hand after I was done. My heart was beating hard and I could feel my face going hotter by the second. I clear my voice so that Kai notices that I’m waiting for him to hold my hand.  

“Don’t fall in love with me when I hold your hand okay I don’t want to be bothered by you in the future.” Kai said in an arrogant tone. I laughed and shook my head.

“Oh don’t worry a jerk like you is not in my league.” I said trying to sound confident. He chuckled trying to brush off what I just said. My heart was beating at its fastest now and I swear Kai could hear it beating. I felt his hand slowly holding mine and that was it I thought I was going to die from how awkward I felt. Oh god why must I be his partner why?....His hands are softer and warmer than I thought actually. What am I thinking haha I’m holding this jerk’s hand and urgh no...The pace that we were walking at started to speed up and now we are running. At first I was nervous of this but I soon realised that I’ll be okay and relaxed a bit.

 Now it was Kai’s turn and I had to lead him to the end of the dance studio. He held his hand out and I took his hand. I smiled while looking at our hands holding each other’s.

“Come on when are we going to stand here just holding each other’s hand?!” Kai said in a frustrated voice. I snapped out of it and started to walk. Oh no I should be acting like this...I must be crazy to even think about this as something I should smile at.

 

 

 

“Now that we’ve done one activity lets improve our eye contact with our partners. I want you to face each other and make eye contact with each other without looking away. I will try to distract you guys but you must be focused and not look away. Okay!”

I face Kai and look up to meet his eyes. I keep a straight face trying not to laugh or look down. Soon the teacher is trying to distract all of us and I look towards her. Crap I looked away and she saw me. I’m going to get told aren’t I oh no why did I-

“Oh Mina I saw that, you looked away. So now you and your partner will have to start over again.”

Everyone else was finished but me and Kai are still making eye contact. Soon the 1 minute was up for us but we were still looking at each other. Just like last time when we danced together I had a feeling that was overwhelming and hard to explain. Miss noticed this and said “Mina and Kai your 1 minute is over you can break your eye contact now~” I looked away awkwardly and pushed my hair that was in my face behind my ear. I could feel other girl’s envious eyes on both of us but mainly me. I looked down again letting my long dark brown hair fall in front of my face again to hide myself from their eyes.

 

 

 

Class was over and now everyone was heading back to the changing rooms. I went inside afraid of how the other girls will act towards me when they see me.  All the girls turned to look at me harshly and started to whisper to each other. I ignored them and went to where I left my bag and clothes. The girls who were near it quickly moved away to another spot in the changing room. When I was dressed in my normal clothes again I went to the toilet in the changing room. It was quiet since everyone went already. I closed the stall door. I heard a group of girls come into the changing room while giggling. I stood in the stall listening quietly and I got nervous thinking that something was going. It was silent for a while but I heard a splash of water in the changing room and then silence again. I stayed still and heard the girls coming closer to my stall. I looked down trying to think of how to get out of the toilet. The other girls are soon in both sides of the stall which I’m in. I look up and see two buckets in the air from both of the stalls. I realise what their plan is and try to cover myself up but it’s too late. They pour two buckets of water on me and ran from the changing rooms.

I stand there shocked at what just happened and start to feel a lump in my throat. The memories of something similar come back.

 

Flashback

I walked to the toilet and sat down trying to calm myself down because of the incident of what just happened between me and Sohee. I hear a bunch of girls come into the toilet while talking and one of them sounds like Sohee my so called “bestfriend.”

 I sit still and then hear the girls laughing from both sides of the stall. A gush of water come rushing down and made me soaking wet. I wait until the girls are gone and start to cry not knowing what to do. I stayed in the toilet for the whole day not moving an inch.

 

Present

I open the door slowly and step outside the stall. I walk towards where I left my dance clothes earlier and it was drenched in water as well. The girls who did it made sure that I would not have ANY dry clothes to go home in. I put the wet clothes in my shoulder bag and swung it on my shoulder. I go out the changing room with my hair and clothes wet. I start to run and I see people laughing and staring at me so I run as fast as I can. I see Chanyeol in the distance waiting for me at the gates. I decide to run pass him but he ran after me and caught up. I let the tears fall from my eyes and found it hard to breathe.

“Mina are you okay? What happened to you? Why are you all wet?” Chanyeol asked in a worried voice. I can’t answer what he just asked since I’m now full on crying my eyes out. Chanyeol takes my hand and turns me around to face him. He cups my face with his hand and wipes my tears away. “Did someone do this to you?” He asked while looking at me. I nodded my head in shame and embarrassment. He pulls me closer to his body and hugged me while patting my back. I cry even more and wrap my arms around him.

 

Kai’s P.O.V.

I come out the changing room and head outside. I then see Mina running in the distance and I notice something is not right so I chase after her.  Chanyeol then chases after her as well but obviously he got to her before me.

 

I slow down and start to walk towards them. I stop when I see Chanyeol wiping Mina’s tears away then he hugs her. At that moment I froze and just watched what was happening. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**********************************************

OHHOHO what will happen next you guys will have to wait until next time!

Can't believe Exos cd is already out asdfghjkjhgfdrtg omg I can't wait until mine comes ^_^

Hope you enjoyed this chap and please comment/subscribe! BYEE~~