Black Out

Empty

 

I headed to the dance studio and saw Kai leaning against the mirror wall. I cleared my throat “ahem” to make my presence know to him and he looked up raising both of his eyebrows a bit. He started to walk towards me without saying a word but instead just looked dead straight in my eyes...almost lovingly. Why is he not saying anything?? Is he mad at me or...but wait what is that look on his face...could it be that he has..NO no nope what am I thinking aha... He stopped right in front of me and sighed in annoyance. I didn’t dare look up at him and just hanged my head down in shame.

“If it wasn’t for you and your clumsy self we wouldn’t be here right now” he said while rolling his eyes.

“Urh sorry I just lost my rhythm and yeah...” I trail off near the end of the sentence-scared that he’ll scold me. I lifted my head up and was shocked to see him smirking. I turn my head to the side in confusion and try to figure out what he is thinking. Kai is up to something but I can’t figure it out so I just turn around and walk to the music player to turn on the music.

 

 

We got off doing well with the steps and didn’t make any mistakes. 30 minutes had passed and we’re still dancing again and again. When is he planning on stopping o m g I can’t breathe how is he not sweating not even one drop. When the song finished this time I dropped to the floor and wiped my sweat off my forehead. I looked up and glared at him. He did this on purpose...you think you’re clever huh don’t worry I’ll get you back.

“YA GET UP WHY ARE YOU THAT TIRED ALREADY WE STILL HAVE ANOTHER 30 MINUTES!” Kai said in an annoying tone just to irritate you that little bit more.

“Okay okay calm down...but can...I have a 5 minute break?” I said the last part quickly afraid of him getting angry again. He stared at me in amazement and looked like he was going to explode in anger. Kai grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me up so hard that I thought that my arm would come off my shoulder. I screamed in pain and rubbed my arm where he grabbed. I sighed but just let it slide since I don’t want him to shout in my ears.

 

 

 

 

There’s now only 10 minutes left and I’m seriously about to faint from all this dancing. I would usually give up at points like these but something felt different today. Even though I wanted to drop on the floor again something told me not to. Is it because I don’t want to be shouted at again or because...because I don’t want to let go of his hand or because of how he makes me feel. Our eyes were locked on each other’s like last time; I find it hard making eye contact with people but with Kai it was different. Seriously what has gotten into me why am I like this why can’t I look away.

 

Now there’s only 5 minutes left so Kai goes and turns off the music player. Finally I think I was about to go crazy with that song on reply. Oh god I’m drenched in sweat how attractive urh.

Kai walked back to where he left his bag which was over near the back of the class. I’m walking towards the door and I take my hair down to air it for a bit. I was about to grab the door handle but then suddenly there was a black out. It’s pitch black.

 

Flashback

2 years ago

It was dark at night where my grandparents lived since it was in the countryside and there were hardly any street lights. I was in the guest room where I usually spend most of my time in the summer at my grandparent’s house. I was on my laptop watching “You’re Beautiful” and drinking banana milk with some other snacks. It was getting to the good part of when Go Mi Nam was about to get kissed by Hwang Tae Kyung. I was waiting for this scene to come but suddenly there was a black out. It was pitch black. My laptop screen went blank and I moaned in annoyance. I got out of my seat and went downstairs to check in the kitchen but it was too dark to see anything. As I was going back up I heard a noise but thought nothing of it so I went back up to wake up my grandparents. I opened their bedroom door and walked over slowly to their bed not wanting to trip and hurt myself.

“Grandpa, grandma wake up there’s been a blackout” I shake my grandpa’s shoulder softly and tried not to give him a shock. Both of them woke up still confused in what’s going on so I explain to them what just happened again.

“You go back to your room and we’ll go down to check it out” my grandpa said and headed down with grandma. I did as I was told and went back to my room...

 

Present

I don’t want to remember it again not again I don’t want to see it or hear anything that would drag me back to the horrible, lonely darkness again. I scream and cry out, feeling like I’m going to go crazy.

“Kai where are you? Where are you?” I say in a shaky, frightened voice and I looked around the room to see where he was but it was too dark to see anything. I start to hyperventilate and get light headed. I can’t think straight, my mind is spinning and it was all too much. I fall to the ground and as soon as I hit my head I passed out.

 

 

Kai’s P.O.V.

“Mina where are you? I can’t see you are you okay? Mina?” I start to panic not know why she’s screaming and crying. I take my phone out to use as a torch but it’s not bright enough to see where I’m going. Mina then suddenly stopped screaming and crying. Now it was just silent. “MINA MINA WHERE ARE YOU?! I CAN’T SEE ANYTHING...if you’re joking around and trying to get back at me because I only let you have a 5 miunte break this isn’t-” Before I could finish my sentence the lights went back on and I saw Mina unconscious on the floor. I run to where she is and shake her shoulders to wake her up but she still isn’t waking up. “Mina wake up! Wake up Mina please your scaring me” but still no sign of her moving. I took her lifeless body in my arms bridal style and ran to the medical room as fast as I could.

Her face was pale, lips wear blue and her forehead was wet with sweat. When I got to the medical room the nurse looked shocked at first but tried to keep calm. I lied her down on the bed and stepped back not sure what to do next.

 

 

 

She woke up 5 minutes after the incident but the nurse told me to wait outside so I didn’t get how she was.

“Ah you can go back in now, she’s sleeping at the moment so please be quiet” a nurse in a white uniform said.

“Oh okay” I said and nodded my head awkwardly.

I enter the room and see her sleeping in the bed, still looking a bit pale. I sat next to her bed and watched the drip dangling from the stand next to her bed.

 

 

 

 

After 40 minutes she woke up again and looked around the room, still slightly confused about why she’s here. Her eyes widen when she sees me next to her. She starts to rub her head where it hurts from hitting it on the ground earlier.

“Are you okay?” I ask awkwardly not wanting her to think that I genuinely care.

“Yeah I’m okay but why do you care I thought you didn’t like me ha” she said while I sat there not knowing what to say next.

“Ha I don’t...well seems like you’re okay now so I’m going” I got up and left quickly. Oh please she’s trying to flatter herself by thinking that I’m actually worried about her haha what a joke.

 

 

 

Your P.O.V.

Well that was weird did Kai actually waited for me to wake up and sat next to my bed...why would he though? No I’m probably just not thinking straight I hit my head hard as well so I must be confused haha...

I sit up slowly because my body is aching from all that dancing. I sigh knowing that my parents would be worried sick right now and start making up ridiculous situations I might be in. I look around the white room with a strong smell of medicines and chemicals just like how a hospital would smell like. 5:40pm the clock display said that was hanged on the wall above the door. I widened my eyes thinking of how much trouble I would be in when I get home. I get up quickly not caring about how tired and weak my body feels and rush out the room to the changing rooms where I left my things. I enter the changing room and get my things quickly and don’t even bother about changing into my normal clothes but instead just run back out into the hallway. I hurriedly run down the stairs with all my things in my arms. I lose my footing, twisting my ankle and all my things go flying out of my arms. ARGH this is not my day is it? Why am I so clumsy urh and great now I just hurt myself even more how typical. I pick my stuff up from the floor and struggle getting up. I start running with a limp but I carry on only thinking that if I walk slowly I will get into more trouble when I get home.

 

 

 

I open the front door a quietly as I can and step inside knowing that I’ll get into serious trouble. I take off my new trainers and head towards the living room where both mum and dad are sitting watching tv. I head to the stairs quietly and put my foot on the first step.

 

“Where do you think you’re going Mina?! Come back here and explain why you are back so late!” My dad said in a scary tone and I jump a little afraid that I’ll be punished. How did he even know that I was about to go upstairs when he can’t even see me? They both turn around to look at me with their angry faces. I gulp down my own saliva and walk towards them without limping because if I do then they’ll make a big deal about it.

“Yes father?” I ask in an innocent voice and smile as cutely as I can.

“WHY ARE YOU SO LATE? EXPLAIN!” he said making it clear that he’s not happy.

“Ah I’m late because I had to practise my solo performance for piano class next week. I’m sorry that I didn’t call you to let you know” I bow my head a little and tried not to make it seem like I’m lying.

“Oh is that so...then that’s okay...just tell us next time otherwise we’ll be worried sick” he said in an awkward way feeling guilty about shouting at me.

“I’m sorry dad I will do that next time” I say in an innocent voice once again. I turn around and go upstairs to my room.

 

 

 

I sigh as I close the door behind me and drop all my things to the floor. I limp towards my bed and fall onto it. I turn to my side and pull my baby blanket closer to me so that I can hug it. I close my eyes and take a deep breath in to smell the blanket. I don’t know why but I have a habit of doing this before I go to sleep as it makes me feel calm and get rid of some of my stress. Just when I was about to block the world out I hear my phone vibrate in my bag. Sigh what is it now? Why can’t I just be in peace for just even 2 minutes?! I get up quickly reaching towards my bag. I scramble through it and see on the caller ID that it’s “Sohee” I roll my eyes and turn my phone off.

 

Let me tell you a little about Sohee my ex “bestfriend”. Well she used to be my friend when I was about 5 until 16 years old. We did everything together and we were like sisters. She was my only “friend” in school and I really relied on her for nearly everything. This all changed when I was 16. But it doesn’t matter now since she’s out of my life now and I’m not planning on let her back in. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***************************************************

Hi YOU GUYS IT'S BEEN a while I know I'm so sorry like urgh had lots of work to do and stuff OTL

Happy 1st EXO anniversary!!! I can't believe that it's already been 1 year T^T I'm happy that I go into exo and kpop and everything. It has seriously made a big diiference in my life both in good and bad ways haha 

 

and 

Bye~ See ya next time ^____^

Ah and don't froget to subscribe and comment!!