Grey; neither good nor bad.

Empty

First of all I am sorry for no update in months, I have explained why below but please enjoy this chapter first! ^^

**********************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

The next day I wake up in my pyjamas, arms and legs tangled up in the fluffy blankets. I rub my forehead in confusion in how I got into this bed in the first place. The memories of last night come back to me slowly…oh god why did I get a piggyback from that jerk. I must have been in the wrong state of mind to do that. I let out a sigh and look at the clock which says 7:30am. Omg I’m going to be late damn it! I quickly change my clothes, brush my teeth and tie up my hair.

 

 

The bell just rang right after I stepped into my tutor classroom and I rush to my seat before the teacher comes in. Good thing I wasn’t late today otherwise I would have been given a warning phew. The register was taken and the usual deadly responses we coming from each student after their names’ were called out one after another. It was still chilly outside and everyone dressed up warmly to keep the cold away but there were a few girls and boys who still wanted to look cool and fashionable. I always wonder how those kind of people can endure a cold weather like this. The second bell rang and I headed off to maths. Boring. The first half of the class went rather quickly since I was just daydreaming about living a life in a big house with a pool and I had a walking closet which was literally clothes store. My bedroom was everything I dreamed of having ever since I was little. The big windows were accessorized with lace curtains and there was a window seat with plenty of cushions. I had my own recording studio with a grand piano in it and-

“Mina are you daydreaming AGAIN?” My teacher looks frustrated and impatient with me. I come out of my fantasy world and try my hardest not to blush.

“Ah no miss just thinking, I’m sorry” I bow my head down a little and the teacher is not convinced with my answer but still continues on with whatever the hell she was explaining. Ahh I seriously wish maths wasn’t needed in life… I focus on what my teacher is talking about and write down a few notes.

 

The lesson finally finished and I now finally understand trigonometry. Wow I actually learned and understood some maths. The power of legit listening to what the teacher says is amazing. The hallway is packed with obnoxious students and I walk through the chaotic cloud of people. People bumped into me while walking but I didn’t really mind because I’ve grown used to being invisible to people. They don’t care about me, so why should I care about them. My heart turned cold and bitter from all the past experiences I went through. I make my way to dance class and I brace myself because Kai’s going to be there.

 

 

 

 

I take a seat on the floor in the dance studio and don’t dare look at the group of students who just came through the door. WHAT IF IT’S KAI?! Oh goodness no please no. My heart beats like crazy but I try to act as normal as possible because I don’t want to get caught by anyone. I admit, yes, I’ve fallen for that damn jerk and I don’t even know why. He’s done absolutely nothing but drive me nuts and treat me like crap….Except for the time when he hugged me, gave me a piggyback and the time we ran from those security guards. I’ve 70% got a crush on him but still hate him because he’s a handsome jerk and big headed but at times can be rather cute…oh no. I sat there while my teacher’s talking is a mumble as all these thoughts and feelings go through me. I need to wake up and realise that this is immature and stop living in dramaland where everything is perfect.

Everyone gets into their usual pairs and I get up slowly, not wanting to face Kai who was already waiting for me. Kai doesn’t make eye contact with me which I find strange because he’s usually cocky and smirking. I walk over to his side and stand there awkwardly waiting for miss to give us instructions. Wow this is awkward…

“Right today you guys will be learning a new dance routine and we’ll be changing up your partners!” My heart dropped at the last thing she said but at the same time kind of relieved because Kai makes me too nervous. I knew that every girl in the class was happy since me and Kai would no longer be partners together. HA they can have him, I don’t need him…I kept on telling myself that but I know that that’s not true at all. It doesn’t matter its not like he has a crush on me anyway. Things like this just don’t happen to me. I’m just a girl that’s invisible to people.

I got a new partner called Lay and he’s quite friendly and kind so its not that bad I guess. He’s just not Kai. One of the girls that has always given me dirty looks got Kai as her partner and she looked towards me then to her other two friends and smirked at each other. As if to say she deserved to be his partner in the first place. I sigh and pay attention to miss.

 

 

After an hour of learning the new dance with Lay and making uncomfortable eye contact with Kai, the lesson was finally over. I ignore Kai’s existence and head out to the changing room. The other girls are already here and the “popular girls” are here too. All three of them give me a dirty look but I try to ignore them. I take out my clothes and take a drink from my water bottle.

“YA Mina” The leader of the group said (I heard from rumours that her name is Cherry). Her popularity in the school is ridiculous, nearly all the girls want to be in her good-books and go to her parties. I don’t see the point in all that, I never had that’s why me and my ex bestfriend broke up. I turn around and see that it’s not only here behind me but her two other friends and all the other nosy girls in my class. I look at her as if to say “what do you want?” Arh I really don’t have time for all this plus I’ve done nothing wrong. Cherry steps closer to me and looks at me with her harsh eyes. “Now that I’ve got Kai as my partner I don’t want to see you and Kai together anymore. That Hana girl is already in my way, I don’t need another person in my way of getting Kai! GOT IT.” She raised her voice at the last part which made my ears hurt. Ahhh so it must have been you guys who poured all of that water on me last time. Why do I always get tangled in unnecessary stuff like this? Cherry stared at me like she’s waiting for a reply but I just turn back around and act like she wasn’t there. That’s when things got out of control and she pushed me from behind while screaming. The girls started to cheer and her friends joined in. Hairs were pulled, arms were scratched and legs were kicked. I managed to get out of the cat fight and looked at them with disgust.

“YA WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING RIGHT NOW?” I shouted and fixed my hair. “WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? YOU MUST THINK YOU’RE THE QUEEN OF THIS WHOLE DAMN SCHOOL BUT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST LOOK SO PERFETIC RIGHT NOW. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE EMBRARASSING. I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU BECAUSE YOUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY IS TO LOOK GOOD IN FRONT OF EVERYONE, WOW YOU MUST BE SO INSECURE.” The whole room was quiet, shocked at me the quiet, easy girl getting angry and voicing out my opinion. Cherry and her friends stood still in disbelief and had the audacity to look offended. I grab my clothes and bag and head to the door. “And you know what someone like you could never get a person like Kai. He’s too good for you.” I gave one last look at Cherry and slammed the door shut. I walked to the nearest toilet to get changed. OMG d-did I really just say that. Where did this side of me come from?? That girl deserved it anyway huh I did absolutely nothing wrong to her. She must be really insecure to come and say that too me though. I laughed at her stupidity while changing and the bell rang.

 

 

 

 

It’s lunch time now, my favourite! I forgot all about the scratches on my arm and Kai. I headed to the table Chanyeol was and greeted him with a smile. “You look happy. Did something good happen?” Chanyeol asked but I just shake my head and put my bag down.  The lunch line was empty today, so I got my food quickly and joined Chanyeol again at the table. I began to eat the food and I can feel Chanyeol watching me.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” I asked while wiping places on my face where food could have possibly gotten on.

He just smiles and ruffles my hair. “Arh you idiot there’s nothing on your face.”

“Then why were you staring at me?” I ask seriously and Chanyeol gets a bit flustered.

“Ah you…I…it’s nothing ahaha.” He said awkwardly and scratches his head in embarrassment. “But why do you have scratches on your arm?” He was the one all serious now.

“Oh its nothing serious, I just got it at home while doing something” Lies, lies, lies. Oh well he doesn’t need to know anything about the fight. Chanyeol didn’t looked convinced with my answer but accepted it anyway. “Chanyeol, can I ask you a question?”

“You just did haha” He chuckled childishly and I just sighed because he can be so silly sometimes. “What is it you want to ask? But before you ask, no I’m not gay. I’ve got that question a lot” He said while rolling his eyes.

“That wasn’t what I was going to ask bro…” there was an awkward silence before we both burst out laughing. “No but on the serious note here, I wanted to ask why do you have a scar on your left cheek?” I’ve been curious this whole time and wanted to know the story behind it, if there was a story behind it that is.

“Ah is that what you wanted to ask…” He became quiet and broke eye contact. I realised that maybe he was uncomfortable talking about it and felt guilty.

“Oh sorry for asking, that was nosy of me. I shouldn’t hav-”

“No don’t worry, I want to tell you just give me a minute.” Chanyeol breathed in deep to calm down and looked me in the eye. The story Chanyeol told me was heart-breaking and I found out something about Kai that shocked me. 

 

 

 

The end of school came quicker than I thought and I walk out of the school gates. Throughout the rest of the day all I could think about was what Chanyeol had told me at lunch. My head was full of questions and I tried to analyse everything that have happened between me and Kai. Its true that Kai has been a jerk at times but sometimes he's caring and kind not like the jerk Kai at all. Maybe he’s like me? That experience must have been painful and hard on him. Once was happy, kind and caring but that one thing turned him bitter. I keep on walking while looking at the grey pavement under my feet. People and life are like the colour grey sometimes, don’t you think? Sometimes they're neither good nor bad. People can be like lost, wondering souls waiting for a change or waiting to be understood. They're longing to be found and saved from the darkness that they created themselves. But that's the thing you see only they can save themselves from their own darkness because they created it themsevles in the first place. 

 

 

I stop at the crossing and look up to see the traffic light but instead meet dull, sad eyes. Kai’s eyes. Now I realise that I’ve always misunderstood those dark eyes as something of arrogance and coldness. But actually they were sad and full of loneliness all this time. It’s like looking into the eyes of my own and I suddenly feel connected to Kai, not the jerk or the arrogant guy. I see the real Kai now. I stand there feeling helpless and get lost into his eyes which are looking back into mine with the same look. 

 

 

 

 

 

***********************************************************

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter because you guys deserve it. 

I apologise for not writing in a long time, I was loaded with homework every single day OTL

I am really really sorry T__T forgive me. I haven't forgotten about you guys at all.

Hopefully I'll do another update soon. Summer holidays ARE FINALLY HERE SO I CAN SPEND TIME WRITING YAY!

Pls comment/subscribe thank you! ^__^