Nothing's going to change

Empty

 

I came back from school it’s about 5pm now. The house seems silent and still as I walk down the front garden.

Urgh mum and dad are not home again! They always do this.

The cool breeze of autumn brushes across my face, as I feel a shiver down my spine.  Tree leaves are turning to a golden orange colour.

Inside the house is still a mess. Boxes and pieces of bubble wrap are on the floor in every direction I look in. I sigh as I go upstairs to my room.  I look up towards my door and see that there’s a note left there. I fastened my pace to see what this note was it said

“Mina I’m sorry but me and your father are coming home a bit late today so sorry but we have an important meeting again. You will have to do the unpacking of your things by yourself and oh I left some dinner for you in the fridge. I love you and sorry again! XX”

WHY?!? I ask you WHY! I have homework and other things to do.

I go into my room with a defeated face, walking slowly to my bed. I put my bag down beside me as I just lay on the bed and thoughts of school coming rushing to my mind.

Finally I’m home where I feel the most comfortable and safe...meeh I don’t think I’ll make any friends since they all seem stuck up and glare at me. I was stupid for thinking that this would be a fresh new begin for me. Ahaha I even promised myself that I would be more confident and make at least 1 friend...

I'm staring at the ceiling. My eyelids are getting heavier each time I blinked. I try to keep them open as hard as I can but I’m just so tired from everything.

________________________________________

 

 

I hear movements coming from downstairs and I look at the time realising that I have fallen asleep for 6 hours. I get up slowly from my bed still in my uniform. The brightness of the light in the hallway makes my eyes hurt. I rub them as I make my way downstairs. Umma’s voice is muffled as the tv is on.

“Oh Mina you’re still awake? I thought that you would have gone to sleep by now considering you have school tomorrow”

“Mum where’s dad?”

“He still had some work to do. So how was school? Did you make any friends?”

Oh no what do I say? Today was just the worst and the people there don’t seem friendly at all

“It was um great mum”

“Well did you make any friends?”

“No”

“Mina why don’t you at least try and make some friends it will be good for you”

“Why do we always have to talk about this mum? I’m trying my hardest but people just don’t like me!”

“Mina that’s not true jus-”

“Just what mum? Should I change myself, my hair, the way I speak, my personality? Even if I do they still won’t like me”

I walk away in anger and my eyes are filled with tears as I go upstairs to my room. I slam the door behind and lean against it. I’m yet again in this situation. 

 

 

 

 

****************************************************

Hey I hope you liked this chapter! ^~^ please comment