Chapter 9

You're Not the TOP of My World

                Three days later at the next FT Island show, the band was in the back room preparing to go home after the show. Sanghee didn’t show up today, she had to wait for a maintenance man to check the gas pipes in her apartment. Suddenly the door opened and two men in face masks and glasses walked in. The taller one pulled off his mask and removed his sunglasses, revealing his face. TOP was standing there angrily glaring at the band. The members of FT Island glared back at him. Jonghun stood up and got in between him and Hongki. The other man took off his disguise as well, it was GD.

                TOP sighed “I will get right to the point. Why are you guys allowing Sanghee to live alone with another man?” Hongki and Seunghyun looked at each other confused. Seunghyun spoke up first. “Why should we even talk to you? And her room mate is a girl named Jessica, we met her.” TOP bit his lip “Then why did I walk in on her being fed by some man? I know what I saw! I was going to hit him for being on top of her but then she yelled at me for coming uninvited to someone’s apartment and trying to beat up someone who lived there and then she kicked me out.”

                Seunghyun sighed “Her room mate is a girl. We have nothing to say to you. You have no relationship with Sanghee or us. Why can’t you understand that? Just leave.” Hongki was getting seriously annoyed. “You are insane! You won’t ever be able to get Sanghee. You are just a jerk who treated her like a toy!” GD sighed and grabbed TOP’s hand. “Tabi go wait in the van.” TOP angrily stormed out to the van.

                GD bowed to the members of FT Island. “I’m very sorry about this. Tabi isn’t very good with people. He was an only child of a rich family. No one ever spent any time with him and his parents made up with it by buying him figures and toys. His figures are the most important things to him. Sanghee is the first girl that he has ever had feelings for and he doesn’t know what to do. He treated her like a toy because that is how he treats the things most precious to him. Lately he hasn’t been eating unless we force him; he has even thrown some of his figures and broke them. We don’t know what to do anymore. Will you please help us?” GD bowed all the way down onto his hands and knees. “Please help us control this situation and tell me how I can get Sanghee to not hate him anymore.”

                The members of FT Island were shocked to have a rock star begging them for help. Minhwan walked over to GD and helped him up off the floor. Hongki, Seunghyun and Jonghun sat on the couch grumpily. “Why should we help him?” Jaejin went over by Minhwan and GD. “Guys, lets just tell him the things that Sanghee likes and doesn’t like. I feel bad for him.  It’s sad.” GD bowed again. “Please, I’m begging you.”

                Jonghun sighed and crossed his arms. “Alright boys, lets give him a crash course on Sanghee.” Hongki and Seunghyun pouted angrily. GD smiled at them excitedly and sat on the ground in front of the table, paying close attention to every word they told him.

                Sanghee was pacing back and forth in the living room. “I’m going to miss the show.” She said whining. Kevin just sat cross legged on the couch watching her pace in front of the TV. Kevin smiled at her. “I’m sure the guy will be here soon. He has a key anyways. You can leave and he can come in without us here.” She sighed and sat next to him. “I can’t just let some stranger in our apartment without us here.” Kevin nodded.

                Sanghee yawned and leaned her head back against the couch and turned her head towards him. “It’s only eight and I’m already tired. Since when was waiting so tiring?” Kevin nodded and yawned as well. “Why don’t you go take a nap then?” She laughed “If I went to sleep now, I would probably stay asleep all night.” He leaned his head back against the couch as well and faced her. “And how is that bad?” she smiled and nodded. “Well I guess I will go sleep, hand me your phone and I will charge it.” They shared a phone charger; Kevin had lost his when he moved in. They kept the charger in the bedroom since they used their phones for alarm clocks.

                Kevin handed her his phone and smiled. “I think I will wait for the maintenance man for a bit longer and then go to sleep.” She nodded and smiled. “Good night.” She walked into the bedroom and plugged his phone in and put it on the side table next to her phone. He woke up before her in the morning and would unplug his phone and plug hers in so that it would be charged when she woke up. She changed into a pair of pajama pants and a tank top and crawled into the bed and fell asleep.

                Around 11 pm Sanghee heard Kevin’s phone start ringing. Half asleep she reached out an arm and tried to feel around for it. She suddenly felt a head of hair and a person next to her. She pulled her hand back and reached out the other direction for the lamp. She the light and Kevin is asleep next to her. The couch was proven to be too hard to sleep on so she has let Kevin sleep in the bed with her. They each stayed on their own half of the bed.

                She grabbed her pillow and hit Kevin with it. “Kevin, your phone is ringing.” She mumbled as she hugged her pillow and rolled over so she was facing away from him and facing the ringing phone. Kevin reached over her without opening his eyes and answered his phone in a sleepy voice. “Hello?” he rested his head on the bed on the other side of Sanghee; his body lying on top of her back. “I’m sleeping Eli; I can’t come to work right now. Ask Dongho to get you that. Ok. Bye.”

                Kevin lazily got off of Sanghee and she rolled onto her side as he rolled off of her. Kevin rested his hand on her hip and they comfortably fell back asleep.