Chapter 17

You're Not the TOP of My World

                Sanghee opened the door to the booth and slowly walked towards TOP. She grabbed the headphones from his head and took them off. She gently rested her hand on his back. “Let’s get out of the booth.” She said in a sad voice.

                She helped him up and he walked over to the couch and sat down, covering his face with his arm. Sanghee wasn’t sure what to do. TOP suddenly spoke really slowly. “I wrote that song for you.” She nodded slowly. “I know…” His arm softened and fell off of his face. He had finally passed out from the soju. She grabbed a blanket from the back of the couch and covered him with it, leaving the room. She left the building, telling the guard at the front that TOP was asleep in the recording studio.

It was almost two in the morning when she finally got home. She tried opening the door quietly in case Kevin was asleep. She opened the door and Kevin came running from the couch. “It’s so late! I was worried! What happened?” Sanghee smiled and hugged him. “Ahjumma had me walk a drunk TOP to his company building.” She sighed and pulled him over to the couch. Kevin sat down as she rested her head in his lap. Kevin smiled down at her. He knew that TOP has been a normal customer at the bar since the concert. “Are you alright?”

She nodded. “He wanted me to help him record something. He couldn’t press the buttons from inside the booth.” Kevin nodded. “He has been writing me a song when he comes into the bar…” Kevin smiled sadly. She closed her eyes and turned her face so she was facing his stomach. Kevin rested his hand on her hair and held her other hand. Sanghee sighed. “He cried while he recorded it. Then I had to help him out of the booth and onto the couch. Then he passed out. He really did drink a lot.”

Kevin ran his hand over her hair. “It’s late. Let’s go to bed. I don’t work tomorrow.” She sat up as he grabbed her hand and led her to the bedroom. They changed into pajamas. Kevin put on a pair of striped bottoms and a t-shirt. Sanghee put on a pair of shorts and a loose tank top. She curled up to Kevin and he put his arm around her and they fell asleep.

In the morning, Sanghee woke up and she was alone in the bed. She could smell something cooking and she smiled. She walked into the kitchen rubbing her eyes. Kevin grinned and kissed her on the cheek. “Good Morning! I’m making waffles.” Sanghee sat in one of the kitchen chairs and pulled her knees up to her chest and watched him cook, smiling.

Kevin started plating the waffles. “What do you want on the waffles?” he asked smiling. She laughed and rested her chin on her knees “Whatever is fine.” He smiled and put strawberry syrup and whipped cream on it. He brought over one plate for the both of them. He placed it on the table in front of her and sat in the chair next to her. “Let’s eat!” She smiled and nodded.

He scooped some of the whipped cream and put it on her nose, smiling. She laughed and wiped it off with her finger and it off. She put some on his cheek and grinned at him. He smiled and leaned closer to her. “You get it off.” She blushed slightly and gently it off and kissing him on his cheek. Kevin grinned and put some of the syrup on her lip. She instinctively almost it off. Kevin smirked “Don’t, I’ll get it.” She closed her eyes as he it off of her bottom lip, paused a moment and then pressed his lips against hers.

She blushed as he smiled against her lips. He pulled away and fed her a bite of the waffle before she could even open her eyes. She laughed and covered . Kevin smiled, very satisfied with himself and ate some more of the waffle.

After breakfast Sanghee cleared the dishes and Kevin hugged her from behind. “Let’s just stay home all day today in our pajamas.” He kissed her neck gently and rested his chin on her shoulder. She smiled and nodded. “Ok.” Kevin got really happy and hugged her tightly, laughing excitedly. He went and sat on the couch, turning on the TV.

She came and sat next to him on the couch. He laid down and rested his head on her lap smiling. She smiled at him and rested her arm on his chest. After a while of watching TV, a commercial for a cell phone came on staring Big Bang. Kevin glanced up at Sanghee as TOP came on the screen. She had a slightly pained expression on her face. She tried to smile at Kevin when he looked up at her worried. She was trying to show him that she was alright but her eyes still looked pained.

Kevin smiled up at her and pretended not to notice. The commercial kept coming on the longer they watched the TV. Around two in the afternoon, Sanghee yawned. Kevin smiled and sat up and pulled her so she was lying in his lap instead. He kissed her on the forehead and petted her hair. She fell asleep not long after.

Once he was sure that she was asleep, he leaned over and reached for his cell phone on the table. He dialed Seunghyun’s phone. After a couple rings, he answered. “Hello?” Kevin sighed. “Seunghyun, I think I have a problem. Can I meet with you and Hongki?” Seunghyun sounded confused but agreed to meet with him.  He picked up Sanghee and carried her to the bedroom, changed his clothes and quietly left to go meet with Hongki and Seunghyun.