Chapter 2

You're Not the TOP of My World

                Sanghee was frantically searching through her boxes. “Dad! Have you seen the cord to my laptop?!” Her dad yelled back “It’s in my suitcase, remember!” She ran to his suitcase and grabbed the cord. It has been two days since they arrived in America. They had been at a hotel until a couple hours ago. Her dads’ friend was renting them a one bedroom apartment temporarily, until they could find a two bedroom. They didn’t have a lot of furniture. Her dad had a mattress in the bedroom with a side stand with a really old TV on it. The living room had two recliners, a single mattress in the middle of the floor, a small entertainment center with a TV and an old PS2, a couple side tables and a kitchen table with two kitchen chairs. The kitchen was attached to the living room.

                Her dad was setting up his PC on the kitchen table as she sat in one of the recliners and plugged in her laptop. “Is the router set up already?” Her dad nodded as he messed around with the cords. She her laptop and automatically went to Skype. It was 6 pm her time, which meant it was 10 am in Korea.

                Luckily Seunghyun was online. She instantly sent him a video call request. He answered it almost immediately. “Seunghyun! Can you hear me?” Seunghyun smiled “I can hear you! How is your new house?” She pouted. “It’s small. I have to sleep on a mattress in the living room.” Seunghyun frowned. “Well that’s not good. I will send you a bed!” they both started laughing.

                Sanghee heard Hongki talk grumpily “Seunghyun! Who are you talking to so early?” Seunghyun threw a pillow at him. Hongki came shuffling over half asleep dragging the pillow behind him. His hair was everywhere and his eyes were barely open. He looked at the screen and Sanghee waved. His eyes suddenly shot open. “SANGHEE!!! I MISS YOU!” She smiled “I miss you guys too!” She made a hand heart for them and they returned it, together.

                Her dad peeked over the chair and waved at them, handing Sanghee a soda. “If people didn’t know any better, they would think that the three of you are dating each other.” Sanghee choked on her soda as Seunghyun and Hongki said in unison. “I wouldn’t date him!” Sanghee was coughing and trying to breathe as her dad started laughing at them and explained that he meant that she was dating the both of them and they knew about it. Both of the boys started laughing awkwardly.

                Sanghee pushed her dad out of the screen. “How could I have two boyfriends? Seriously dad, do you think before you speak?” she said laughing awkwardly. Seunghyun started drinking some water as Hongki ran off to the kitchen to get his own.

                “Oh yeah, Sanghee, the other members of FT Island wanted me to tell you that they wish you luck in America and that they will continue to work hard to make a show you would be proud of. Jonghun also wanted me to tell him what your Skype is so he could add you. I told him that I would tell you his instead and you can add him if you want.” He typed in his username and sent it to her. She added it to her friends list. “Minhwan said he wanted to add you, but he doesn’t have a Skype.”

                She started laughing as Hongki came back and sat next to Seunghyun. Hongki had a piece of toast in his mouth. “What are we laughing at?” Seunghyun grabbed his other piece of toast and took a bite out of it. “I was telling her that the other members wanted to add her and they miss her.” Hongki nodded. “So what time is it there?” Sanghee looked at the clock on her computer “It’s a little past 6 pm.”

                Hongki’s phone started ringing. He grabbed it and answered it. “Hello? Yeah. Right now? But Sanghee is video calling us right now! No I wont give her your phone number! Would you even want the international calling fees! I will see you at practice. Fine we will go get ready. Bye.”

                Sanghee and Seunghyun looked at him confused. “Jonghun says that we need to get ready for practice.” Sanghee smiled “Well I need to finish unpacking the stuff that I can unpack. Oh, before I forget, here’s my new contact info.” She typed her address and everything and sent it to them. “Now don’t lose them! Both of you save them into your phones.”

                She laughed as they both picked up their phones and saw that they had couple phone cases. They had panda markings with half a heart on each so that when they were next to each other, they made one heart. Seunghyun had a purple panda and Hongki had a yellow panda. “Why do you guys have couple phone cases?” Hongki suddenly looked like a deer in headlights. Seunghyun didn’t look up from his phone. “Don’t worry about it. It doesn’t matter now.”

                Sanghee’s dad suddenly called for her. “Sanghee! Will you come help me with this?” She sighed. “I have to go now guys. I will call you again often! Bye!” She waved at them as she closed Skype and went to help her dad.

                Hongki looked at Seunghyun. “Do we really act like we are dating?” Seunghyun looked at him confused “You and Sanghee?” He shook his head no. “Us?!” Hongki nodded. Seunghyun started laughing. “No! How about we get a custom phone case made that fits in the middle of ours for Sanghee?” Hongki grinned. “Let’s do it!”

                They started getting ready to leave for practice when Seunghyun’s phone started ringing. He looked at it confused; it was a number he didn’t know. “Hello?” “Yes, is this Bae Sanghee? I am calling on behalf of Big Bang.” Seunghyun turned to Hongki with a shocked look on his face. “Hello?” the voice on the phone called again.

                Seunghyun shook his head “Oh yes. This is her friend who entered her in the contest.” The voice on the other line cheerfully laughed. “Ah, you entered her as a surprise. I see. Well she won first place. She gets to spend an afternoon with Big Bang!” Seunghyun motioned for Hongki to hand him his phone. “Well you might need to get a new winner because she just moved to America the day before yesterday. It was sudden and we didn’t know about it, but here is her new contact information.” He read off her address and phone number to the person on the phone. “I’m really sorry if this was a hassle.”

                The cheerful voice replied “Well, I will give the information to the band and their staff and see if they will choose another winner or not. Thank you for your cooperation! Bye.” Seunghyun hung up and he just looked at Hongki shocked. “She won…”

                TOP was sitting in a leather chair with his feet up on a table and his head back as he stared at the ceiling. GD came up to him and ruffled up his black hair. “What’s wrong with our Tabi?” TOP’s eyes were the only thing to move as he looked at the skinny man with a black Mohawk and red and blue extensions on one side. “This contest is boring. What are we supposed to do with a fan for an afternoon?” GD sat on the arm of the leather chair. “Well we can take them to an amusement park; take them shopping, go for karaoke, whatever we want. Or we could just chill at their house for the whole afternoon.”

                Taeyang came into the room with a confused expression on his face. “TOP, the girl who won the contest moved to America the day before yesterday. Her friends entered her without knowing she was moving. They want to know what you want to do about the winner. Should we choose a new one?” TOP looked at him and sat up. He sighed. “Choosing another winner will be a hassle. Let’s just go to America and see her.” He leaned forward and started playing with one of the many collectable toys he had sitting on his table. “Plus if we are in America, we won’t be swarmed by people if we go outside.”

                Taeyang called in the manager and the contest official. They started going over the schedule with the three of them. “The only time we can get you guys to America would be in a week. Taeyang and GD would have to stay behind and film for that Japanese show though. It would only be TOP, Daesung and Seungri.”

                TOP looked around. “Where are those two anyways?” GD sighed and put his hand on his shoulder. “They are in rehearsal for their solo stages.” TOP nodded. The contest official smiled “Should we discuss a schedule for the time spent with the winner?” The manager nodded. The official put his binder down on the table and opened it, knocking one of TOP’s toys off the table, breaking it.

                TOP slowly looked up at the official with a look of utter hatred in his eyes. His mouth slightly opened as Taeyang and GD froze. The manager tried to get in between TOP and the official but wasn’t fast enough.

                TOP launched himself at the official, making direct contact with his fist to his face, sending him flying to the floor. “How does it feel to be thrown at the floor and being broken?” TOP bent down so his face was next to the officials bleeding face. “Don’t ever touch my toys. The one you broke was a special edition from Japan that cost me $500. There were only 100 of these made in the world. You are lucky that I have another one of these other wise you would be broken in the same way.”

                GD and Taeyang quickly pulled TOP over to the broken toy so he could pick up all of the pieces as the manager escorted the contest official out of the room. Daesung and Seungri came back from rehearsal. They watched the manager and the official leave. “What happened here?” Seungri asked leaning on the couch.

                Daesung noticed the broken figure and nudged Seungri and they just sat down quietly. Taeyang smiled at them awkwardly. “Well, you two get to go to America with TOP to meet the contest winner.” They just looked at each other stunned.