Chapter 14

You're Not the TOP of My World

                The next day around 2pm, Sanghee was standing in front of the YG building with Hongki, Seunghyun and Jonghun. They were waiting for Jaejin and Minhwan. Minhwan’s bike ended up having a flat tire this morning so Jaejin had to go back to go get him. Hongki and Seunghyun each grabbed one of her hands and stared at the building. Sanghee smiled. “Well, you guys have made it this far. I am so proud of you.” The two boys nodded. Hongki was nervous. Jonghun was busy pacing, looking down the street for the last two members.

                Everyone sighed as Jaejin and Minhwan showed up. The maknae automatically started bowing and apologizing for his bike. Jonghun nodded “Let’s go inside. We don’t want to be late.” Sanghee had to pry her hand away from a nervous Hongki, who in turn clung onto Jaejin’s arm. Sanghee smiled and put her hands into her hoodie pockets to keep any other members from clinging to her.

                Jonghun walked up to the front desk in the lobby and told the lady that they had a meeting today. She nodded and gave them all a guest pass to put on and called the CEO. A few moments later he came down and smiled at them all. “This way please.” He said leading the way to the elevator.

                They went up a couple floors as he explained that the bottom floor was mostly recording studios for the idols to work on their own, during non-work hours. He led them to a conference room and gave everyone a copy of the contract he had written up. He smiled at Sanghee. “Oh, you must be Sanghee! I heard a lot about you. Congratulations on winning that contest and I’m sorry about our bingu TOP’s behavior.” She nodded and wondered what all he has heard about her.

                She sat there awkwardly as the band members read over the contract and the CEO explained things to them. They began negotiating things. Sanghee stood up “Excuse me, where is the restroom?” The CEO smiled and pointed down the hall. “It’s that way and turn to the first hallway on the left.” Sanghee nodded and left the room. She didn’t actually have to use the bathroom, but she just wanted to stretch her legs. They have already been in there for twenty minutes.

                She looked at all the pictures on the wall as she slowly walked down the hallway. She turned to the left and TOP was coming out of the bathroom. Both of them were startled. TOP stared at her wide eyed then quickly looked down at the ground. “Sorry.” Sanghee nodded. “I should have been watching where I was walking.” She said awkwardly looking down the hallway.

                TOP nodded “You are here with FT Island right?” she nodded. “The meeting really has nothing to do with me.” TOP rubbed the back of his neck and also looked down the hallway to see if anyone was around. “Will you come talk to me for a little bit? I will get you something to drink.” Sanghee smiled politely and nodded awkwardly.

                TOP smiled awkwardly and led her to the cafeteria. Sanghee sat at a table as TOP went to a vending machine and got two cans of tea. He set one down in front of her and sat across the table from her. He took a deep breath and sighed.

                “Sanghee, I’m really sorry about everything. I’m sorry about my bad reaction when you got cut during our first meeting. I was angry at myself when that sentence came out of my mouth. I decided to punish myself by not looking at you. I didn’t think it would effect you like that. I’m also sorry for getting you trapped in a bathroom. I didn’t handle that situation well at all and I even ended up knocking over one of my fans. Then in attempting to fix my image, I messed with yours by saying you were my girlfriend. I’m sorry for that too. Then every time I saw you with another guy, I just got so jealous and angry that they could be that close and I couldn’t. I’m sorry for coming into your apartment and tell your boyfriend that I’m sorry for almost hitting him. I also realized that I could have embarrassed you by that public apology, but I tried to make it so that no one would know who it was for. I’m sorry that I have been making your life difficult.” TOP looked down at the table and sighed again.

                Sanghee was speechless. She stared at TOP dumbfounded. He awkwardly took a drink of his tea. TOP looked back up at her. “I have never had to deal with this kind of situation before either. Sanghee, I really like you. I just wanted to be able to confess to you properly. I know that I have been a jerk and now I would be happy if you could just stop hating me.”

                She came to her senses and nodded. “I think that if I hated you, I wouldn’t be talking to you right now. I also can’t accept your feelings because I am dating Kevin right now. I’m sorry.” Top smiled slightly and nodded. “I understand. You should get back before they come looking for you. I will see you around then.” He got up and walked away.

                Sanghee sighed and leaned back in her chair. She was surprised at herself that she wasn’t getting angry at the sight of him and wasn’t angry even though they were just sitting face to face. She drank the rest of her tea and went back to the room where FT Island was finishing up. She walked in as they were shaking hands with the CEO. Everyone looked at her smiling. Hongki grinned “We are official trainees here now!”

                The CEO smiled “Well, then I will see you boys later then.” Seunghyun hugged her. “We are all going out tonight to celebrate! You and Kevin should come. Well you are required to come even if Kevin can’t make it.” Sanghee laughed and nodded. “I will be there!”

                Jonghun drove Sanghee, Hongki and Seunghyun home. They dropped off Sanghee first. Jonghun yelled out the window “Don’t forget! We will come get you guys at 8!” She nodded and went up stairs. Kevin didn’t come home from work until around five. She had about an hour and a half to herself. She laid out on the couch and watched an episode of whatever show was on. She got bored and decided to go take a shower.

                She came out of the shower and realized that she didn’t bring clean clothes into the bathroom with her. There wasn’t a clock in the bathroom. She hoped that Kevin wasn’t home yet. She wrapped a towel around herself and slowly opened the door and looked around. Everything looked the same as she left it. She smiled and walked to the bedroom and opened the door. Kevin was standing there shirtless. He was changing out of his work uniform. They stared at each other shocked for a moment. Kevin smiled as Sanghee closed the bedroom door and ran back to the bathroom.

                A few moments later, Kevin knocked on the bathroom door. “You can go change now.” Sanghee wasn’t sure why she suddenly got embarrassed. Kevin was her boyfriend and they lived together. She slowly opened the bathroom door and Kevin was sitting on the couch covering his eyes, smiling. Sanghee smiled and ran to the bedroom and closed the door behind her. She could hear Kevin laughing.

                She sighed and quickly put on a pair of her underwear and bra and tried to decide what to wear out tonight. She couldn’t decide on anything. She sighed. She opened the bedroom door a little and looked out at Kevin who was flipping through the channels. “Kevin, I can’t decide what to wear.” Kevin turned and could see her shoulders and realized she was only wearing her underwear. He blushed slightly and turned back to the TV awkwardly. “Just put on pajamas.”

                She laughed “Oh right! FT Island signed a contract today so they are going out to celebrate and we are supposed to go with them at eight.” Kevin was suddenly excited. “Really! That’s so great!” he looked down at himself. He had put on pajamas already. He stood up and scurried to the bedroom door, completely forgetting that Sanghee wasn’t dressed all the way. He opened the door wider and they had another awkward moment. Kevin looked away and walked past her into the bedroom. “I can’t go out in pajamas.” He said smiling, avoiding looking at her.

                Kevin pulled out an outfit for himself and took his shirt off. Sanghee stood there awkwardly. Kevin sighed and smiled at her. “It’s not that big of a deal. We do sleep in the same bed.” She smiled awkwardly and nodded. Kevin laughed and hugged her. “You are so cute.” This was the first time that their bare skin had touched like this. Sanghee blushed and hugged him back.

                Kevin smiled and went through the dresser, choosing an outfit for Sanghee. He put the outfit on the bed and smiled at it. He motioned for her to put that on. He changed into a tight pair of white pants and a white tank-top with a black mesh vest over it. He put on a couple necklaces as Sanghee stared at him stunned. Kevin tilted his head to the side and smiled. “Do I look bad?” Sanghee shook her head. “No. You look like an Idol.” He blushed and grinned at her. He kissed her forehead. “You will look like one too once you get dressed.

                He went into the bedroom to fix his hair. Sanghee looked at what he picked out for her. He picked a pair of tight green pants, a black belt and black suspenders. For a top he had set out the gray tank top that she normally wore for bed because it showed her lower stomach and her tattoo. He also had chosen a black hooded vest that zipped up. She smiled and got dressed.

                She put on a necklace that had a pendant in the shape of a razor blade and a studded bracelet. Kevin was right; her outfit did look like it could belong to an idol. She left the suspenders down instead of putting them over her shoulders and walked out into the living room. Kevin was still doing his hair. Sanghee went into the bathroom to do her hair as well.

                Kevin grinned as she walked in. “You look great!” Sanghee smiled and looked in the mirror. She started brushing her hair out and blow drying it. Kevin finished his hair and hugged her from behind looking in the mirror. “We will be the best looking ones there.” He kissed her on the cheek and went out into the living room. She finished doing her hair and smiled. She wondered if they were just going to the bar or if they were going out for karaoke.

                Soon Hongki and Seunghyun were knocking at the door. Kevin answered it and they looked at him shocked. Sanghee came out of the kitchen, into view. They looked even more shocked. Hongki laughed “Well it’s a good thing that Jonghun convinced us all to go to a dance club instead of to the bar! You guys look amazing!” Kevin grinned. Sanghee laughed “Kevin chose our outfits.” Seunghyun smiled. “So are you guys ready to go? They are waiting outside for us.”  Sanghee slid her sneakers on and nodded.

                They walked out to the van and Jonghun was driving, Minhwan was in the passenger seat and Jaejin was sitting in one of the middle seats. Seunghyun climbed into the van first and sat in the back. Hongki followed after him and sat in the back as well, leaving the seat between them open. Kevin smiled at Sanghee. “Do you want to sit in the back or in the middle?” She let Kevin in first and he sat in between Hongki and Seunghyun. Sanghee climbed in last. Everyone looked at her shocked. They have never seen her dressed like that. She had left the vest ped and they could all see the bare skin between her belly button and the top of her pants, including the top of her FT Island tattoo.

                They got to the club and Jonghun parked. He turned around and smiled at everyone. “You guys ready to have fun? Kevin, can you drive?” Kevin nodded. Jonghun grinned “That’s great! You can be the DD. Sanghee, you both look amazing.” Hongki and Seunghyun each grabbed one of Kevin’s shoulders. “Kevin chose her outfit.” Jonghun nodded “Well then, let’s go play!”

                Sanghee opened her door and stepped out and looked around. Kevin was about to follow after her. FT Island all were suddenly staring at him. He stared back confused. The five members smirked. “Thank you for dressing her like that. I knew that dancing would be a good choice.” Jonghun said laughing. Kevin laughed and stepped out and put his arm around Sanghee’s waist, resting his hand on the bare skin on her side. The members of FT Island were jealous.

                The seven of them all went inside the club and were happy to see that it was really busy with people dancing everywhere. They decided to pay for one of the party rooms upstairs that looked down onto the dance floor. After they got all situated and ordered their drinks, they started watching the people dancing. The five members of FT Island were trying to find girls who they would try to dance with.

                Suddenly the song Catch Me by TVXQ came on and Kevin stood up excitedly. He grabbed Sanghee’s hand and pulled her out to the dance floor. Sanghee laughed “Kevin, I don’t know the choreography!” He laughed “You don’t need to know the actual choreography! Just dance how you feel.” They reach the dance floor and Kevin started dancing around her, trying to get her to dance. She smiled and started moving to the beat of the music. Kevin wrapped on of his arms around her waist and pulled her close and she followed his lead.

                Jonghun, Hongki and Seunghyun were staring down at them with amazement. They had never seen her dance in public before. They knew that she liked to learn the choreography to the dances at home, but she never really just danced like this. Jaejin and Minhwan had wondered off to attempt talking to girls. The next song was a girl song that everyone knew the dance to, Mr. by Kara. Sanghee was shocked to see that Kevin could dance it better then most of the girls who were there. Kevin was an amazing dancer; it made her want to try harder to dance with him.

                After a few more songs, Kevin and Sanghee went back up to the room to take a break. Sanghee laughed when she saw that all of the members were up here again. She knew that they weren’t very good dancers. “So you guys are still scared to dance in public?” Kevin laughed “How come they are scared?” Sanghee started giggling. “They are horrible dancers. They are really awkward. If they weren’t attractive, then even their stage wiggles would look weird.” Kevin nodded. “How about we play a game then? We do rock paper scissors, the loser has to dance to the next song by them selves. We would stay in this room though. You don’t have to go to the dance floor.” Sanghee and Seunghyun nodded in agreement.

                Sanghee smiled at everyone else. “Come on you guys! It will be fun.” Jonghun thought of the possibility of Sanghee losing and having to dance for all of them and agreed. He whispered that into Hongki’s ear and Hongki suddenly raised his hand in agreement. Jaejin and Minhwan reluctantly agreed. Near the end of the song that was playing, they all threw out rock paper or scissors. The guys all cheered when Sanghee was the first to loose.

She sighed and accepted her fate. She stood at the end of the table awkwardly. “I hope the next song is one that I know the choreography for!” Everyone blushed when they heard Abracadabra come on. Sanghee knew the choreography for this song but she was embarrassed to do it in front of everyone. She took a deep breath and started dancing. When the part of the song for rolling around on the floor came, she just moved with the music instead of getting onto the floor. The song finished and she quickly sat back down next to Kevin and hid against his shoulder, taking off her vest. Everyone clapped and cheered for her.

The next ones to loose were Seunghyun and Jonghun. They decided that two losers would have to dance together, unless one decided to take the punishment alone. The two of them decided to dance together and after the current song ended, the next one was Bo Peep. They sighed in relief that it was a simple song and they danced it, awkwardly. Everyone laughed.

Their song ended and they had now been doing every other song, since they forgot to play the game when the person was dancing. The next loser was Kevin. He happily stood up and waited for his song to start. Sanghee turned red as the beginning of Honey Funny Bunny by TVXQ’s Yunho came on. Kevin smiled and clapped “I know the entire choreography to this song!” He pulled a chair out quickly and placed it and danced it flawlessly, including the bunny aegyo and the floor ing.

Sanghee was staring in shock. She wasn’t expecting that. Her face was still blushed over as Kevin laughed and sat down. Jaejin laughed “I feel bad for whoever loses next!” They played again and much to his horror he and Hongki lost. Their song came on and it was Gangnam Style. They laughed and danced it, lifting the mood for Sanghee.

Since everyone already went once, they started drinking more, besides Kevin who was supposed to drive everyone home. Sanghee decided not to drink any alcohol either so that Kevin wasn’t the only one. Soon they all started relaxing and actually went out onto the dance floor. Kevin wanted to dance with Sanghee some more. They got out to the floor as a song ended; the next song was So Crazy by AA. Sanghee blushed as she realized this song was mostly body rolls, and she was about to attempt to couple dance to it with Kevin. She now wished that she had remembered her vest that she left upstairs.

He smiled at her and pulled her close to him and whispered in her ear “Just follow my lead.” She nodded and did as he said. Kevin slowly moved with the music, guiding her hips with his hands. The parts of the song where body rolls were part of the choreography, they did the body rolls together. They quickly caught everyone’s attention. They were a couple of the best dressed people there right now and people thought they were idols with their dance skills. He turned her around so they were facing each other. Sanghee, continuing to follow his lead, put her arms around his neck. They continued dancing to the music. Kevin had a serious expression when he was dancing. Sanghee had totally forgotten that people were watching them and they danced together till the end of the song.

Everyone clapped for them when the song ended. Sanghee and Kevin didn’t notice. They were both amazed by each other. Kevin loved the way her body moved and Sanghee couldn’t stop staring at his face that was glistening with sweat. Kevin quickly leaned down and firmly kissed her lips. Sanghee instantly returned it. They separated when Jonghun was suddenly standing next to them and put his hand between their faces.

The couple was shocked and embarrassed. Jonghun smirked at them. “We need to leave. Hongki drank to fast and threw up and Jaejin doesn’t do well with seeing that, so now he is throwing up too.” Sanghee sighed as Kevin laughed. “Well you guys are celebrating. Let’s go.” Sanghee went back up to the room to get her vest. Minhwan was sitting in there by himself, smiling at his phone. “Minhwan, go get Seunghyun. We are going home now.” Minhwan smiled and went to go drag Seunghyun away from a group of older ladies.

Jonghun was helping Hongki into the van and Kevin was helping Jaejin in the other side. They had them sit in the middle so they had easy access to the doors. Seunghyun and Jaejin climbed into the back with Jonghun. Sanghee sat in the passenger seat as Kevin drove them home. First to be dropped off was Jaejin and Minhwan. They lived in the same building but not the same apartment. Next they dropped off Hongki and Seunghyun. Seunghyun had to almost carry Hongki all the way to their apartment.

Jonghun smiled at Kevin and Sanghee. “Judging from tonight, you guys still haven’t done anything yet, have you?” Sanghee started coughing as Kevin grinned. “No we haven’t yet. We do share a bed though.” Jonghun put his hand on Kevin’s shoulder. “You are a strong man.” Kevin laughed as they reached Jonghun’s place. He took the keys and went inside waving.

Kevin wrapped his arm around Sanghee’s shoulder and waved down a taxi. They got home and Sanghee went straight to the bedroom, threw her vest on the floor and plopped onto the bed. She was exhausted from dancing but the adrenaline was still there. She took a deep breath and tried to calm down. She couldn’t get the images of Kevin dancing out of her head. Kevin came into the room smiling. He took off his necklaces and his vest and climbed onto the bed, hovering over her. He smiled at her. “You are a really good dancer.” She blushed and wrapped her arms around his neck. “So are you.”

He leaned down and kissed her, running his hand down her side and resting it on her thigh, smiling against her lips.