Chapter 21

You're Not the TOP of My World

                A few days later, Sanghee was working alone at the bar. It was around 11 am and no one was there yet. She hadn’t been sleeping well since the break up. She was standing behind the counter and laid on her arm on the counter and mindlessly wiped the same spot in front of her. Her back was to the door. She hasn’t seen Kevin since the breakup or TOP since they listened to the FT Island song. The members of FT Island would try to hang out with her but they were still busy with their training. She was really bored most of the time and the Ahjumma had let her work more hours to keep herself occupied. The weather had changed into more rain instead of snow so it was all wet and mushy outside now so not many people came out into the cold rain.

                The door opened but Sanghee didn’t notice it and someone sat on the stool next to her head. The person cleared their throat. Sanghee suddenly stood up and turned to look at the customer and automatically bowed. “Oh! I’m sorry!” She straightened back up and saw TOP smiling at her, trying not to laugh. She froze and her eyes opened wider. He had blue hair now. She avoided eye contact and looked directly at his blue hair and cleared . “Umm… What can I get you?”

                TOP took his coat off and laughed, pointing at the coffee. “It’s blue for our newest concept. Are you sleeping alright?” Sanghee nodded and sighed and went to get his coffee for him. “No, I’ve been having trouble sleeping the last couple days.” TOP nodded and sipped his coffee. “How come? Did something happen?” Sanghee looked down at the floor. “Kevin broke up with me.”

                He choked on his coffee. “What? Why? Do you need me to kick him out for you?” Sanghee smiled awkwardly “He already moved in with his friend Eli.” TOP calmed down and looked at her worried. “Are you alright?” Sanghee nodded. “How come he broke up with you?” Sanghee sighed again and leaned on the counter and stared at the countertop. “He said that my heart didn’t belong only to him anymore and that he was letting me go.”

                He nodded, confused. “So is it true?” Sanghee turned around and nodded. “Who else does it belong to then?” The door opened and the ahjumma came in with a group of ahjusshi’s. Sanghee smiled at them and looked back at TOP. “I will tell you later. I’m supposed to be working right now.” He nodded and put his headphones in as Sanghee went to go help the ahjumma.

                After a few hours the old man that Sanghee kept company had come in and sat at the bar. Sanghee smiled and started talking to him again. “Hello Ahjusshi.” The ahjusshi smiled at her. “You seem a bit cheerier today then yesterday. Are you feeling better?” Sanghee sighed. “I’m slowly getting used to being alone.” The ahjusshi ordered some soju and drank some. He noticed TOP was back at the end of the bar. “You aren’t alone Sanghee. You are surrounded by people who love you. They are just busy. Even Kevin loved you enough to let you go.” Sanghee nodded sadly. The ahjusshi continued on. “That one down there, even though he is busy, he still comes here to see you when he can. He is never here on days you don’t work.” Sanghee looked at TOP and smiled. “Ahjusshi, what do you think of him?”

                The ahjusshi stared at him intently. “Even though he is blue now, he seems to have gotten softer since the first time he came here.” She nodded. The old man smiled back at Sanghee. “You like him a lot. You should tell him.” Sanghee laughed. “You should become my real grandpa, ahjusshi.” The older man nodded and smiled at her. He called the ahjumma over. “You should let her leave early with that blue guy over there.” Sanghee looked at him shocked. “Ah… Ahjusshi!!”

                The ahjumma laughed and nodded. “Sanghee, you have the rest of the day off.” Sanghee looked at her shocked. “But… Ahjumma!” The older pair laughed at her. The ahjusshi smiled “Go and properly confess to that man before it’s too late.” The ahjumma smiled and nudged her towards TOP. Sanghee sighed in defeat. She walked slowly to the back room and grabbed her stuff and came back out to the front. She sighed and tapped TOP on the shoulder. “The ahjumma gave me the rest of the day off.”

                He took his headphones out and looked down the bar towards the ahjumma and the old man Sanghee was talking to. They were both smiling at him. He nodded to them politely. “I will walk you home.” Sanghee nodded and they headed towards the front door. The rain had given up. TOP opened the door for her and she went outside first.

                They walked at an awkwardly slow pace. It started to sprinkle rain again. Sanghee looked up at the sky and started to look through her bag for her umbrella. “My umbrella isn’t in here. Do you have one?” TOP shook his head no. They kept walking since it was only sprinkling. It suddenly started to down pour. TOP opened his coat and held it over Sanghee’s head and quickly led her to the closest overhang.

                They stood there in an awkward silence just staring at the sky, hoping the rain would stop. TOP cleared his throat “Umm… So who is it that your heart belongs to now?” Sanghee bit her bottom lip and looked around awkwardly. Suddenly a car drove past, through a puddle and TOP quickly opened his jacket and stood in between her and the water, getting his entire back wet. Sanghee looked up at him in surprise. He smiled awkwardly.

                Sanghee smiled “You. It belongs to you.” TOP had a stunned look on his face for a moment and then suddenly pulled her up into a kiss, smiling against her lips.

~ THREE MONTHS LATER ~

                Hongki was frantically running around. “Where is Sanghee?! Someone go ask Big Bang where she is! I need her right now!” Seunghyun was trying to calm him down. “She said she is on her way! Go get into hair and makeup!” Jonghun sighed. “No one get anything on their clothes! This is our official debut concert! We must look our best. We are opening for Big Bang!” Jaejin looked at him from the catering table. “But Eli said that the food was paid for by the company.” Jonghun sighed. “I know that the UKISS Steakhouse catered for this but don’t get any food on your clothes!” Minhwan was sitting in a chair with some stylist noonas hovering over his face.

                The door opened and Dongho, Kiseop and Kevin walked in. “Is the food alright?” Kevin asked. Hongki suddenly clung to him. “Kevin! Has Sanghee got here yet!!?” Dongho laughed and freed Kevin from Hongki’s grasp. “She hasn’t made it yet hyung. She told me she will be here any moment.” Suddenly the door flew open and Sanghee had kicked it open. Her arms were full of bags and Kiseop quickly went and helped her. “I brought you guys’ presents from me and ahjumma!” Hongki clung to her arm. “YOU WERE LATE BECAUSE OF THAT?!”

                Everyone laughed at her. Kiseop grinned. “Sanghee, you sure know how to make an entrance.” Sanghee smiled. Hongki was more excited that she made it in time instead of the fact she brought presents. Jonghun sighed. “Sanghee, go take Hongki to hair and make up, he needed to be there ten minutes ago.” Sanghee nodded and dragged him to the hair and makeup people. Hongki was busy nuzzling into her shoulder and blindly followed her. “You only do this when you are really scared. Just relax and do your best!” She handed him off to a stylist and Hongki pouted as she waved and left the room.

                Sanghee went back to the room with everyone and greeted everyone. “Kiseop, will you find the bag with the blue ribbon? That one is for TOP.” Kiseop nodded and looked through the bags. Kevin came up to her smiling. “So how have you been Sanghee?” She smiled at him “It’s been good. How about you?” Dongho grinned and came up behind Kevin. “He has a new girlfriend now.” Kevin blushed as Sanghee laughed. “Oh, well that’s great.” Kevin pushed Dongho away. “Uh, yeah.” He laughed awkwardly.

                Kiseop handed her the bag as someone came into the room. “Show starts in 10 minutes. Please be prepared.” Sanghee thanked Kiseop and waved at everyone. “I will be back before the show starts!” She quickly ran to the Big Bang dressing room. She carefully opened the door, not sure if anyone was changing. Everyone seemed calm in this room. Daesung grinned as he saw her. Sanghee walked in and laughed “Everyone is so calm in here compared to the other room.” Taeyang was playing a game on his phone. “Of course, they go on before us. We have more time to be ready.” Sanghee nodded and walked over to TOP and handed him the bag. “I was buying FT Island gifts and saw this and thought you might like it.”

                He smiled and opened the bag and inside was a bear head shaped box. He immediately recognized the brand as Bearbrick and grinned. He opened the box and a silver Bearbrick head shaped skull ring was inside. He grinned and put it on right away. Someone came into the room. “Show time is in 5 minutes.” Sanghee suddenly panicked. “Ah! I need to go back to the FT Island room! I will be back!” She ran out of the room as the members of Big Bang laughed. Daesung pouted. “Why were you the only one to get a present out of us?” Seungri threw a towel at him.  GD smiled at TOP. “Do you already have that one?” TOP shook his head and grabbed the box with his personal accessories in it and dug through it. “No I don’t, but I have another one from this series. It was too small for me though. This skull ring is really expensive. She must have saved up for it.” He pulled out a silver band that had the Bearbrick head shape engraved on it around the whole band. “I will give this to her.” He said as he put it on his pinky.

                Sanghee got back to the FT Island room. The guys from the UKISS Steakhouse had left. Hongki had just gotten back from hair and makeup. Sanghee was out of breath from running. “You guys all look amazing!” She smiled as someone came into the room. “We need to get to the stage now.” Hongki and Seunghyun pulled Sanghee into the band huddle and everyone put their hands together. Sanghee smiled and put her hand on top. Jonghun grinned. “Fighting on three. One, Two, Three!” They all yelled fighting together. Sanghee walked with them until they reached the side of the stage.

                Hongki and Seunghyun were each holding one of her hands. “You guys will be amazing! Break a leg!” They nodded as the lights went down and they had to go onto the stage. Sanghee turned around and was going to go find her seat with the UKISS Steakhouse guys. They had all gotten special front row tickets. TOP was standing there smiling. He held his fist out. “Here.” Sanghee looked at him confused and held her hand out. He placed the engraved Bearbrick ring in her hand and smiled. “It’s too small for me so I thought you could wear it.” He awkwardly looked around. Sanghee smiled and put it on. “It fits.”

                TOP was excited and hugged her. The first FT Island song started playing. Sanghee turned to watch them. He hugged her from behind. “Can I tell the fans about you tonight? The CEO said it’s alright.” Sanghee looked at him shocked. “Umm… If you want to, you can.” TOP grinned. “Well then prepare yourself and go find your seat quickly so you don’t miss any of the show.” She smiled and nodded. She kissed him on the cheek and ran off to her seat between Dongho and Kibum.

                Hongki got so much more relaxed on stage when he saw Sanghee had made it to her seat.  FT Island successfully finished their set and left the stage. There were a lot of flashes of lights and Big Bang appeared on the stage and performed Fantastic Baby. After the song, they started talking to the audience.

                GD started speaking first “AYOOOOO!!! WHATS UUUUUP!!”  The fan screamed for him. Taeyang laughed as GD kept going. “I CANT HEAR YOUUU!!!” The fans screamed louder. Taeyang spoke into his mic. “Did you all enjoy FT Island? It was their debut performance! Did they do well?” The fans started screaming again. Daesung grinned and leaned on Seungri’s shoulders. “We have a special treat for you all today! Our very own TOP has a very important announcement.”

                TOP took a mic and looked down at Sanghee smiling. Dongho laughed and shook Sanghee excitedly. Sanghee was blushing as one of the dancers brought out a stool. Sanghee looked at Kibum and Dongho frantically asking what the stool was for. TOP waited for the fan screams to die down a bit. “Hello! I am Big Bang’s TOP!” The fans started screaming again. He held his hand up in the air. Sanghee could see that he was wearing the ring she just gave him. The fans quieted down. He smiled and took a deep breath. “Everyone, I wrote a very special song a few months ago. It’s a solo song.” The fans started screaming again. “And!!” The fans quieted a bit. “I would like to bring up a very special fan. The guys from the UKISS Steakhouse will you bring her to me?” Dongho smirked at Sanghee and grabbed her arm and tried to pull her away from her seat. Sanghee tried to cling to Kibum but he laughed and helped Dongho her to the barrier. Taeyang and Daesung stepped down off the stage and helped lift her up and over. Taeyang carried her up onto the stage and set her on the stool.

                Sanghee was in shock. There were thousands of people watching. The fans screams were a mix of excitement and jealousy. TOP smiled and put his arm around her shoulders. The audience went insane. Sanghee could hear some of the sobbing mixed in with the cheers.  TOP laughed. “Now I will sing this song for the first time on stage! Of All Days!” A familiar beat started playing as he started rapping.

“Maybe I'm regretting it

The scars I left you

The time that won't stop

Is too cold.”

                Sanghee was blushing as TOP was singing right to her, smiling.

 Pleased to see you, it’s been so long

Slightly awkward but a friend

I start a conversation like this

A somewhat special night, a vacant cafe

The quiet aroma of a latte

It feels slightly flat today

The rain falls outside the window

A faint fog holds its breath

Pointing out the sleepless night

On this night where I wrestle with the shrinking pencil lead

Radio same old song

Do Re Mi Fa Sol Sol

Yeah I'm here alone now”

                The audience was screaming. They were very jealous that she got to be on stage instead of them.

“Of all days, Of all days, Above my head

You fly around

Follow you, Following you freely

I fly freely

If I could meet you with these wonderful wings

I can do that that do that that

do that do that do do that that”

                TOP brushed his hand against her chin, causing yet another reaction from the audience.              

“The sleepless nights repeat

I wonder if I should erase my regretful heart

A flowing silence, Cold wind blows (Why do we, why why why)

And it repeats again, Every night of all days”

               

                Sanghee blushed. She remembered watching him record this the first time. Her eyes started to tear up as she smiled.

“A thorn stuck in one corner of the heart

Everyday the weather is indecisive

The phone's call history is full of outgoing calls

I'm alright, Iron arms, Iron legs

Disappear without a trace

Turbulent sleeps in discomfort, and coarse sweat flows

I startle myself

The lifeless bee that's lost its sting and the flower           

Of all days, Of all days, Above my head

You fly around

Follow you, Following you freely

I fly freely

If I could meet you with these wonderful wings

I can do that that do that that

do that do that do do that that”

                TOP smiled and wiped the tears off of her cheek. The audience had even more fangirl screams. Sanghee looked out into the audience and saw everyone from the UKISS Steakhouse smiling at her, even Kevin. She wasn’t sure that she could happier.  

“I can feel it, I, I can feel it, Feel it

I can feel it, Feel it in the air

I can feel it

I can can can can feel it, Feel it

Let me tell ya

TOP break it down now

 

Maybe I'm regretting it

The scars I left you

The time that won't stop

Too alone

 

Of all days, Of all days, Above my head

You fly around

Follow you, Following you freely

I fly freely

If I could meet you with these wonderful wings

I can do that that do that that

do that do that do do that that”

                The fans went crazy as he finished his song. TOP grinned and waited for the audience to die down. “So, how was my song?” The fans started screaming again. He laughed as the rest of Big Bang came back onto the stage. Taeyang laughed. “Hyung, don’t you have another announcement to make?” Seungri smiled. “Yeah, tell them why this fan was chosen.” TOP laughed and looked out to the fans.

                “All of you have noticed my personality being softer lately?” The fans yelled a mixture of yes and random screams as the members of Big Bang nodded. TOP smiled “This song was the beginning of my change. This girl isn’t just any fan. She is who I wrote this song for!” The audience screamed. “This is my girlfriend of the past three months, Sanghee. VIP’s, please take care of her.” The crowd was now a mixture of excited screams and depressed sobbing.

                He smiled. “Before the concert started, I gave her a ring but there is something I wanted to ask her to go with it.” Sanghee suddenly stared at him shocked. He got down on one knee and the audience shrieked. “Sanghee, will you marry me?” Sanghee looked at him and then at the other members of Big Bang. They were all smiling and nodding. She looked down at the boys from UKISS and they were all nodding. Kevin was smiling and gave her a fighting pose. Dongho was screaming for her to say yes. Suddenly a lot of the audience was chanting for her to say yes. She saw FT Island off to the side of the stage, also telling her to say yes.

                She smiled and nodded. TOP suddenly grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. Once again Dongho started the audience in a chant. The other members of Big Bang started laughing as the crowd chanted “KISS HER!” Sanghee blushed as TOP stood up and pulled her into a kiss right there on the stage, in front of all of his fans and her friends.

                They stayed in the kiss for too long so GD took the attention of the audience by starting his song Crayon. Daesung called Hongki out onto the stage to help get Sanghee off the stage. Sanghee blushed and tried to hide behind her hair as Hongki escorted her away. TOP was embarrassed but waved to the audience as the rest of Big Bang danced around to Crayon.