Chapter 19

You're Not the TOP of My World

                A couple days later, Kevin woke up Sanghee gently. She turned to him and smiled sleepily. “Good morning…” Kevin smiled softly to her. “Let’s go on a date today!” She laughed and nodded. “Ok.” She rolled over and stretched. Kevin automatically wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a hug, kissing her cheek.

                She smiled and laughed as Kevin grinned and ran out of the room. Sanghee got up and leaned out the bedroom door. “Where are we going today? What should I wear?” Kevin laughed. “Just wear whatever you want. It’s going to be a long date.” She smiled and nodded. She went back into the room and decided on wearing skinny jeans with a nice tank top. She pulled on a long sleeve shirt over that.

                Kevin came into the bedroom to change his clothes as she went to brush her hair. Kevin put on a pair of jeans with an un-tucked button up shirt. He put a patterned vest over that and a bow tie. He grinned at himself in the mirror and went to wait in the living room. Sanghee smiled at him as she came out of the bathroom.

                Kevin put her hoodie on for her and held his hand out to her. “Let’s go play.” She smiled and nodded, taking his hand. He grabbed his jacket and led her out to the hallway. Sanghee walked ahead as Kevin locked the door with a sad smile on his face.

                He quickly caught up with her and smiled as he put his arm around her waist. “First place is to go for coffee so we can have lots of energy!” She laughed and leaned her head on his shoulder. They walked to the closest café and Kevin went to order at the counter as Sanghee sat down. Kevin came and sat across from her and handed her a coffee and took a sip of his. Sanghee smiled and drank some. “So is it sweet enough?” he asked curiously. She nodded “Yes, it’s perfect.”

                Kevin smiled and watched her drink her coffee, almost like he was trying to memorize every detail of her. Kevin leaned forward on the table. “So I heard that you and TOP don’t fight anymore.” Sanghee nodded with an awkward expression. Kevin smiled slightly. “Well that’s good then. It would be a hassle if you guys kept fighting in public like you were.” Sanghee laughed. “Yeah, I was starting to be noticed as the girl who yells at Big Bang.”

                The both of them laughed. Kevin smiled slightly and looked at the time on his phone. “Oh we will be late for the next stop! I made a reservation.” Sanghee smiled at him curious “Reservation?” Kevin smiled and winked at her. “I have the whole day planed out for us.” She smiled and moved some of her hair behind her ear. Kevin sighed and smiled softly. Sanghee blushed. She wasn’t used to seeing his smile look like that. She was used to a bright, cheery smile.

                Kevin stood up and grabbed her hand. “Come on.” She grabbed his hand and they walked hand in hand to the next location. He took her to a karaoke bar. He had reserved a private room for them. She looked nervous. She wasn’t able to sing very well. Kevin excitedly led her to the room. “I wanted to sing karaoke with you!” Sanghee laughed. Kevin was being really cute today.

                Kevin grinned at her and pulled the book out. He started looking through the songs and suddenly clapped. “I will sing first!” He entered the numbers and Hey Girl by Andrew Nelson from the You’re My Pet OST started playing.  She laughed as Kevin started imitating the dance from the scene in the movie and sang to her at the same time. She was amazed at his voice.

                She clapped for him excitedly when he finished the song. She laughed “You are being really adorable today!” Kevin grinned and kissed her on the forehead. “Well then always remember me like this.” She laughed and nodded. “Ok. So what do you want to sing next?” He grinned “Let’s do a duet!” Sanghee was suddenly shocked. “I don’t sing very well at all! You sing much better!”

                He laughed. “That doesn’t matter. Let’s try anyways.” He smiled as he looked back at the book, searching for duets. He smiled and put in the numbers and handed Sanghee a mic as well. She instantly recognized the tune as Love U Like U from the Shut Up Flower Boy Band OST. She blushed as Kevin started singing.

“I love you, I love you
The words that I couldn’t bear to say
A trembling heart in my mind
Words that kept hidden”

                Kevin smiled at Sanghee as she read the lyrics for the part they had to sing together.

“You shine on me dazzlingly in the morning
You are always like the sunshine, to me, you are”

                Sanghee was nervous about singing by herself and blushed even more as she continued singing. Kevin leaned on her shoulder.

“I like you, I like you
Like a great big tree
Always comfortable by my side
Then, you’re protecting me”

                Kevin sang and put his arm around her.

“Sometimes, unconsciously I
Feel like my heart can be exposed
I just smile awkwardly in front of you
Just smiling like a fool”

                She was getting more comfortable singing in front of Kevin. Kevin leaned his head against hers and closed his eyes as they sang together.

“You shine on me dazzlingly in the morning
You are always like the sunshine, to me, you are”

                There was an instrumental break and Kevin opened his eyes and turned her face gently to face his and softly kissed her on the lips. Sanghee missed her cue and they could hear the actual recorded voice singing her part for her.

“Afraid that relationship between us becomes awkward
Carefully, to you, to you again today”

                 Kevin smiled as he pulled away and was the only one to sing the part they were supposed to sing together.

“Long after we have been together for a long time
Comfortably just like now”

                Sanghee suddenly came back to her senses. She sang her last solo line.

“You always by my side”

                Kevin grinned as he sang his last solo line as well.

“I’m always by your side”

                Kevin’s grin changed to a sad smile as they sang the last line together.

“We’re together forever”

                They didn’t sing the ‘Da da da da’s at the end of the song. Kevin had pulled Sanghee back into a kiss. Sanghee closed her eyes as Kevin put his hand on the back of her head, deepening the kiss.

                The next song came on and it was just a random one since no one entered in another number. It was Last Love by MBLAQ. Kevin suddenly pulled away and smiled at her awkwardly and looked at the book to find another song. “What song do you want to sing Sanghee?”

                She was still blushing and barely realized he said anything. “Huh?” she asked with her eyes wide open. Kevin laughed. “What song do you want to sing?” She laughed, trying to come back to her senses. “I don’t know. Let me look.” She looked through the book and she chose Rock star by Super Junior. Kevin started laughing as the song started.

                Sanghee knew most of the words but stumbled over the faster rap parts. They sang a couple more songs when Kevin looked at his phone again. “Oh! The movie will be starting soon!” Sanghee laughed “You went all out today.” Kevin nodded.

                They held hands to the Movie Theater and Kevin led her into the theater and took off his coat. He sat next to her and put his arm around her before the movie even started. Sanghee leaned against his shoulder as they watched the movie.

                Kevin paid almost no attention to the movie. He was studying every detail about the girl in his arms. He sighed and rested his head on hers. He could smell her scent that he has become so accustomed to in the past month that he has known her. He smiled sadly as Sanghee looked up at him and smiled.

                He kissed her softly again on the lips. He was starting to feel guilty. He pulled away and smiled softly again. Sanghee smiled back and looked back at the movie. Suddenly one of the background songs in the movie was by Big Bang. Kevin immediately noticed that Sanghee had stiffened and looked down at the ground.

                Kevin rested his chin on her head again and looked off blankly into space. The decision he made the other day was still going to happen. He was going to stay strong. The movie ended and Kevin composed himself and smiled as they got out to the lobby. Kevin pulled her to the photo booth and smiled. They posed for four poses and they all printed out onto one picture. Kevin smiled at her. “Is it alright if I keep this?” Sanghee laughed. “That’s fine.” He put the picture into his pants pocket. “Are you hungry?” Sanghee smiled and nodded.

                Even though it was almost winter, they decided to eat at a food stall. They got two servings and sat on a bench to eat. Sanghee smiled as she put some of the hot food into . Kevin was oddly quiet while they were eating. Sanghee tilted her head to the side and smiled at him. She was about to say something but they noticed that it started to snow.

                Sanghee looked up at the sky and Kevin looked at her, taking in every detail again. He took off his jacket and put it around her shoulders. She smiled and looked at him again. “Kevin, you have been quiet since the movie ended.” Kevin nodded and looked at her for the first time today without a smile on his face. Sanghee’s smile faded and they just looked at each other for a few moments in silence.

                Kevin took a deep breath “Sanghee, Let’s break up.” She was stunned. “Wha… What?” she stuttered out. Kevin smiled sadly. “I’m not the only one in your heart anymore.”

                The snow started coming down more. The world seemed like it was in silence. Kevin took another deep breath. “You are falling in love with TOP. I noticed it and asked Seunghyun and Hongki about it. They confirmed that you do seem to have feelings for him too. You should be with him. I’m letting you go to him.”

                Sanghee was in shock. She was searching her mind for words to say but even though her brain was flooding with thoughts, there were no words coming. Kevin smiled sadly at her. “Let’s break up. I will stay with Eli tonight and come get my things in the morning when you are at work. I will leave my key behind as well.”

                Kevin stood up and kissed her on the forehead. He turned and walked away. Sanghee clung to the jacket that he had put on her and watched him walk away. Kevin wanted to turn back to see if she was ok but he couldn’t. He pulled the picture out of his pocket as tears were starting to stream down his face. He tried not to let her see any signs of him crying.

                The next morning, Sanghee was at work. Kevin and Eli came over to the apartment. Kevin saw his jacket with a note sitting on the table. Eli sat next to Kevin as he read the note. It said…

Kevin,

                I thought Hard about what you said. I hadn’t even realized my feelings for him yet. Thank you for telling me and I’m sorry that my heart changed. You are amazing and anyone you end up with will be the luckiest person in the world. Please be happy. I will try to be happy as well. Don’t be afraid to still contact me sometimes. Seunghyun and Hongki also see you as friends now too. So don’t be a stranger.

~ Sanghee

                Kevin started crying and Eli pulled him into a hug. “That girl is pretty amazing isn’t she?” Kevin nodded as he continued crying into Eli’s shoulder.