Chapter 6

You're Not the TOP of My World

                Once again Sanghee’s alarm on her phone started going off at 6 am. She reached for her phone and shut off the buzzing alarm. She pulled her laptop onto her lap and turned it on. The familiar blinding light came on. She ran her fingers through her hair while she watched the computer start up. She opened Skype and called Seunghyun.

                Seunghyun answered along with all the other members of FT Island. Sanghee rubbed one of her eyes as they all waved. “Good morning.” She said sleepily. Hongki started flailing around. “Sanghee!!!! The rest of the band is going to help send for you! With the money we all had saved up and what we earned today, we already have enough!” Her eyes shot open and she grabbed the sides of her monitor. “What?! Seriously??”

                They all nodded. Jonghun leaned on Seunghyun “I could have sent for you all on my own, but everyone insisted on helping.” Seunghyun pouted. “Not all of us can be models.” He mumbled as Jonghun smiled awkwardly and pushed him.

                Hongki grinned “So when do you want to fly back?” Sanghee was so excited that she started crying. Seunghyun pushed Jonghun into Hongki, who fell on Jaejin. “You guys made her cry!” Sanghee began laughing. “I’m so happy you guys! I can’t wait to see all of you!” Seunghyun grinned. “So does that mean that you want to come here as soon as possible?” She nodded excitedly.

                He dad woke up and sleepily walked into the kitchen. “What’s all the commotion this early in the morning?” Sanghee grinned. “They already have enough money to send for me!” Her dad came over and looked at the five boys waving at him. “Hello boys, how are you?” Hongki and Seunghyun smiled and bowed “Hello! We are great now that we can get Sanghee back.” Her dad nodded. “You boys sure work fast at getting money when you need it.”

                Jonghun put his hand behind his head. “Well I already had almost enough in my savings. With everyone’s help we already had enough.” Her dad smiled. “Well, when you guys send for her. I will trust her safety to the five of you. Don’t let me down.” The five boys nodded. “Do you have a place for her to stay already prepared?” The boys all looked at each other.

                Jonghun smiled. “She can come stay with me.” Both Hongki and Seunghyun each punched him in an arm. Hongki smiled “I won’t let her stay with you!” Seunghyun sighed “Don’t be ridiculous. She will stay with me and Hongki until we can find her a place of her own.” Her dad nodded thinking about it. “I think it will be alright for her to stay with you two. That way there are three of you instead of just two.” Jonghun laughed awkwardly and leaned back against Minhwan.

                Seunghyun and Hongki grinned and High-fived each other. “We will take very, very good care of Sanghee. Don’t worry.” Her dad smiled and went back to the kitchen. Jaejin leaned in front of everyone. “So when do you want us to book your flight?” She looked at her dad who was smiling softly at her. “When ever you guys can get me a flight.” Her dad smiled sadly and turned so he was facing the coffee machine. Seunghyun waved at her. “We will go book your flight and email you the flight reservation.” She nodded.

                Hongki leaned close to the mic and whispered “Go spend some time with your dad before you leave.” He winked at her and she nodded smiling. “Alright. I will let you guys go then. I will talk to you later.” Everyone waved as they disconnected the call.

                Sanghee moved her laptop and watched her dad as he sat at his computer with his coffee, not looking at her. “Dad, are you sure you are alright with this?” He nodded, still not turning around. “You are an adult now. You are allowed to move out.” She smiled sadly. “Are you sure?” He nodded again and turned to her. He looked like he was about to cry. “You will be happier back in Korea. I will try my hardest here. Your mom would be proud of you moving out on your own.”

                She hugged her dad and they stayed like that for a couple minutes. Her computer made the noise indicating a new email. Her dad motioned for her to go check it. The email was from the airlines. They had booked her flight in two days.

                Two days later at the airport. Sanghee was sitting with her dad at the terminal, waiting for boarding time. “Dad, I will miss you. Don’t forget that you can still call me and I showed you how to use Skype. Don’t forget how!” Her dad laughed. “You are the one leaving, I should be telling you what to do without me. Not the other way around.” She laughed and hugged him.

                They announced that her flight was now ready to be boarded. Her dad hugged her again. “If any of those boys are mean to you, you make sure to put them in their place.” She laughed “They won’t be mean to me dad. I have to go now. I will call you when I get there.” Her dad smiled and waved as she got on her plane.

                Thirteen hours later, she arrived in Seoul. It was a little after 6pm. She was standing at the baggage claim looking at her phone. She was waiting for Hongki or Seunghyun to reply back to her text saying she arrived. She sighed and put her phone back in her pocket and was watching the luggage on the conveyor belt, waiting for her suitcase to show up.

                Suddenly there was a lot of noise and she got lifted up into the air and spun around. She almost panicked but she realized that she was surrounded by FT Island. Hongki was holding her up in the air, hugging her really tight. She laughed as he put her down and she hugged everyone. “I missed you!” she said as she pulled both Hongki and Seunghyun into a hug. She pulled out her phone and opened the camera and took a picture with all five of them.

                They all started asking her a bunch of questions about America and Big Bang. She answered while watching for her luggage. She saw it coming and went to go get it but Jonghun grabbed it first. He smiled at her as he lifted the suitcase over his shoulder. “So is this the only one?” She nodded. Seunghyun smiled “Then let’s go home.” She grinned and followed them out to their van.

                Jonghun was driving and Jaejin was sitting in the passenger seat. Minhwan sat in the back. Sanghee got into the van before Hongki and Seunghyun and she sat in the back next to Minhwan. Hongki and Seunghyun sat in the middle seats. Sanghee fell asleep on Minhwans shoulder before they made it to Hongki and Seunghyun’s apartment. Minhwan sat up straight. He had no idea what to do. He thought that if he moved, she would wake up.

                When they got there, Seunghyun turned to tell Sanghee they made it and laughed at Minhwan sitting up straight with an awkward look on his face as she had her head resting on his shoulder. Hongki smiled and poked her in the face, waking her up. “We are here. Let’s go.” She smiled and apologized to Minhwan who only smiled at her with a slight blush on his face.

                Sanghee got out of the van and yawned. Hongki grabbed her suitcase as Seunghyun was telling the other members that they should leave so that Sanghee can sleep before the show tonight. Seunghyun led her to the apartment and Hongki carried her stuff. Seunghyun unlocked the door and let her in. Hongki and Seunghyun said in unison “Welcome home.” She smiled at them “I’m home.”

                Sanghee had been here before. She took off her shoes and went straight to the bedroom. They didn’t have beds but used the fold up futons. She noticed that the two of them had left their futons out. She smiled and grabbed the extra futon from the closet and placed it on the floor in the only space big enough, between their futons. It now looked like one huge bed. She crawled into the one she just laid out in the middle and curled up in a ball and fell asleep.

                Hongki and Seunghyun came into the bedroom and laughed. Hongki set her suitcase to the side and crawled into his futon, on the right of Sanghee and Seunghyun laid out on his on the other side. Both boys were lying on their backs. There was only about a foot between Sanghee and either of them.  Sanghee stretched her legs out straight and she woke up slightly when she could feel two sets of legs. She thought nothing of it and bent her legs again.

                She to her right side and scooted closer to Hongki, who was now in front of her. Hongki turned his head to face her. Seunghyun to his side and scooted closer to Sanghee, closing the gap to where she could now feel both of the boys’ body heat. She took a deep breath and relaxed. She felt really safe in between them. They both smelled really good to her.

                She reached her hand out a bit and it ended up resting next to Hongki’s neck. Hongki grabbed her hand and put it against his jaw line and leaned his forehead against hers. She now realized that they were all pretending to be asleep. She wanted to open her eyes and check but she was afraid that she really was dreaming this. Seunghyun brushed his hand against her back. She put her legs out straight again as Seunghyun moved his legs so that Sanghee’s left leg was in between his.

                Sanghee rolled onto her back, moving her hand away from Hongki and putting them both on her stomach. She had never had this happen with them before. She wasn’t sure if it was even really happening. Hongki scooted closer to her, resting his head against hers again. There was no space between her and either of them now. If this was really happening, then the three of them were all obviously awake right now.

                Seunghyun reached his hand out and rested it on her hip. To both of their surprise, her shirt had moved up slightly as she rolled over. She slightly jumped at the direct skin contact, as did he. Hongki grabbed her left hand and moved it down to her side, holding it in his. Seunghyun let go of her leg and she rolled back onto her side so that she was facing Hongki. Seunghyun rested his arm over her and pulled himself close so that he was spooning her.

                Hongki once again moved her hand against his jaw line as he rested his forehead against hers. She started blushing and was really hoping that they had their eyes closed as well. Sanghee moved her hand down so it was against his neck. Hongki rested his hand on her thigh and part way on Seunghyun’s thigh. They stayed like that for what felt like an eternity to Sanghee. She quickly fell asleep in their arms.

                A while later they suddenly heard a shutter sound of a camera phone. Hongki suddenly woke up and looked at Jaejin who was standing there smiling. Seunghyun slowly sat up; his hair was standing up on one side. Sanghee rolled over onto her stomach and covered her head with a pillow. She wasn’t even sure whose futon they were laying on anymore.

                Hongki grabbed Jaejins phone and looked at the picture smiling and sent it to his phone as well as Seunghyun and Sanghee’s phone. Jaejin laughed “That wasn’t what I was expecting to find.” Seunghyun was still trying to wake up. Sanghee had no intention of waking up yet. “Jaejin, why are you here?”

                “It’s time to go get ready for the show. Jonghun and Minhwan are downstairs.” Seunghyun was finally awake now and quickly started getting ready. Hongki went to get ready too. Jaejin crouched down in front of Sanghee. “Sanghee, it’s time to go to the show. Are you coming?”