Chapter 13

You're Not the TOP of My World

                Four days later, Sanghee and Kevin were at the FT Island show. Kevin was excited to be able to stand near her now that everyone knew they lived together. They were planning on telling the band that they were dating.

                After the show, Sanghee took Kevin back stage. He finally got to meet Jonghun, Jaejin and Minhwan. Kevin properly introduced himself. “Hello! I’m Kevin Woo. I work at UKISS Steakhouse and I am currently Sanghee’s roommate and boyfriend.” Jonghun spit out the water he was drinking and Hongki started choking on some candy he was eating. Seunghyun hit Hongki in the back, making the candy dislodge from his throat.

                Minhwan and Jaejin smiled and congratulated them. Jonghun sat on the couch and studies Kevin, without saying anything. Hongki finally caught his breath. “What about TOP?” Seunghyun elbowed him as Sanghee sighed. “He already knows. I don’t care about his opinion.” Seunghyun was about to say something when GD and Taeyang come into the room.

                GD smiled and put waved at them “Ayo, what’s up?” Taeyang smiled at them all. “You guys are really good.” Everyone’s attention turned towards them. Jonghun was shocked and stood up. “How come you guys decided to come see us?” The two Big Bang members laughed. “Well when we met these two,” GD motioned towards Hongki and Seunghyun. “They seemed to be in love with the stage when we let them see the view in the arena. We decided that we would come see how you guys are on a smaller stage.” GD nodded “We can help you guys get into our company if you would like?”

                Everyone stared at him in shock. Jonghun snapped his fingers. “Band meeting!” FT Island huddled together and whispered furiously. GD leaned on Taeyangs shoulder and smiled at Sanghee and Kevin. Kevin was star struck. Sanghee smiled politely. “Hey Sanghee, I heard you have a boyfriend now. Is this him?” She smiled and nodded. “Yeah, this is Kevin. Kevin this is GD and Taeyang.” Kevin nodded. “I know… They are much less scary then TOP.” Taeyang laughed. “Yeah, TOP is our only scary member. He is getting less scary lately, or at least trying to be.”

                Sanghee nodded and grabbed Kevin’s hand, she was nervous waiting for the band decision. FT Island suddenly parted and Jonghun nodded. “We would love your help very much!”  GD grinned. Taeyang pulled out his phone and called someone. “Hello? This is Taeyang. I found a band you should come check out. Yeah. They are called FT Island. They play their own instruments. They look good too. Yeah. OK. When? Tomorrow? Alright. I will tell them. Bye.”

                Taeyang hung up his phone and smiled. “He says that he will come to see you tomorrow.” The members were all excited. Jaejin and Minhwan started jumping up and down with each other. Jonghun looked like he wanted to cry. Seunghyun and Hongki ran up and hugged Sanghee and Kevin got stuck awkwardly in the cross fire. GD laughed and hugged Taeyang. He looked at him confused. “Sorry, I got caught up in the moment.” GD put his hands behind his head. Taeyang waved at them. “Well, we will see you guys tomorrow then. Work hard!” GD put his fists up in the air “FIGHTING!!”

                The band continued celebrating for a while, dragging Kevin into the celebration. Jonghun smiled. “Everyone, we will stay here tonight and work on making the best show for tomorrow.” All the members nodded. Minhwan ran out to find the Ahjumma. He came back with a bunch of water bottles and some food. Seunghyun grabbed Kevin’s shoulder. “We will entrust you to get her home safely.” Kevin smiled at them and bowed. “It was really great meeting all of you! Good luck on your show tomorrow! Break a leg!” Sanghee hugged everyone goodbye and left hand in hand with Kevin.

                Jonghun sighed “You two were right, he is prettier then us.” Everyone nodded in agreement. “Let’s get to work!”

                The next day, Sanghee came into work around noon. The ahjumma was scurrying around everywhere, cleaning up. Sanghee quickly started helping her. The older woman sighed. “Sanghee, we open in like an hour! Word got out that Big Bang and their CEO are coming today, we already have people lining up outside! I only have me and you scheduled to work today.” Sanghee panicked “Ahjumma! I think I can get another worker.” Sanghee pulled out her phone and called Kevin.

                “Kevin! Would you be able to help out at the bar tonight? We open in an hour and there are already people lining up outside and only me and ahjumma are scheduled to work today!” Kevin laughed “Well, I don’t work today. I will see what I can do. I will be there soon!” Sanghee sighed in relief. “Thank you so much!! You’re amazing!” Kevin laughed again. “Don’t mention it. See you soon! Bye!” He hung up the phone and Sanghee grinned at the Ahjumma. “Kevin will come help us today.”

                About twenty minutes later, Kevin came in from the back door since people were lining up at the front door. “Sanghee! I’m here!” The ahjumma sat down and fanned her self. “I don’t know why people are lining up outside already. The concert doesn’t start until seven and that’s six hours from now!” Kevin smiled. “We won’t be over worked. I brought help!” Both the Ahjumma and Sanghee looked at him curious. “Guys! Over here!” He called to the back.

                Sanghee recognized AJ, Kiseop, Alexander, Dongho and Soohyun. Three more attractive boys were with them. They introduced themselves to the Ahjumma one by one. One muscular boy with a blonde Mohawk introduced himself. “I am Eli, the head chef of the UKISS Steakhouse. We are glad to help you out today.” The next boy introduced himself. He was also pretty muscular and he had brown wavy hair. “I’m Hoon. Please take care of us today.” The last boy had brownish black hair and was wearing a suit. “I am Kibum and I take care of all the business of the UKISS Steakhouse. Would you mind if we put up some posters of our restaurant?”

                The ahjumma was ecstatic to have so many cute boys working for her today. Sanghee was stunned that Kevin called in all of his co-workers. She was only expecting Kevin to come. Kevin smiled at Sanghee and kissed her on the cheek. “I am glad I can help your friends.” Sanghee smiled and hugged him. “Thank you so much!” The ahjumma started handing out jobs to everyone. Kevin, Sanghee and Soohyun were working the bar. Her and Kibum were working the register. Eli and Kiseop were in charge of making the food. AJ was in charge of the door and making sure they didn’t go over capacity. Alexander and Hoon were taking peoples orders from their tables, so they wouldn’t have to go up to the bar and cause a crowd. Dongho was in charge of all of the extra jobs.

                Sanghee smiled and went over to the ahjumma. “Ahjumma, where is the band?” The older woman laughed “They are at Jonghun’s house getting ready for the show.” Sanghee nodded and went back to preparing the bar and training Kevin and Soohyun how to make the drinks they didn’t know.

                They opened and everything was really busy, but flowing smoothly with the help of the UKISS Steakhouse. Around five, FT Island showed up and came in through the back as well. The members didn’t come in to the main area and went straight into the back room. Sanghee called Dongho over to the bar. “Dongho, will you go see if my friends are here yet? They should be in the back room.” Dongho nodded and ran off.

                FT Island were in the back room preparing themselves. Suddenly the door opened and the band expected it to be Sanghee. They saw a cute boy in a bowl cut come in smiling. “Ah so you are here!” Jaejin looked at him curiously. “Who are you?” Dongho smiled. “I’m Dongho. I work at the UKISS Steakhouse and we are all helping out today. There’s like a million people today! People found out that Big Bang and their CEO were coming to see you. There were people lined up outside before we even opened.” The band suddenly looked even more nervous. Minhwan started pacing back and forth. Dongho grinned at them “Well I will go tell Sanghee-noona that you are here.” He ran back out of the room.

                Jonghun looked at Hongki and Seunghyun. “Why has Sanghee been collecting so many attractive guys since she went to America?” They shrugged. Hongki thought for a moment. “Have any of you guys ever been able to get a reservation at the UKISS Steakhouse before?” They looked around at each other and none of them had been able to eat there. Jonghun sat down. “I heard that they are always booked solid because of their all male staff. Also that they only open a few days a week.” The members all sat still for a moment and then all ran to peek out into the main area. They saw that the crowd was largely female and the guys from the steakhouse were very good with fan service.

                The members of FT Island sighed and went back into the room. Minhwan started pacing again. “This is even more pressure! Not only do we have to impress the CEO. We have to outshine all of those pretty boy staff.” They continued preparing for the show.

                Around six thirty, Big Bang and their CEO arrived. AJ showed them to the table they had set aside for them, out of the reach of the fans who were trying to swarm. The guys from UKISS were able to keep the situation under control. AJ had to start turning people away since they reached capacity. A few minutes later, the band came out and started to set up and tune their instruments. Hongki smiled and waved at Sanghee behind the bar.

                She smiled and did the fighting pose for them and got back to serving the customers. Dongho had ended up having to become the waiter for Big Bang and their CEO. Luckily for him, they only wanted water. Dongho got them their water and ran up to the band. “Do you guys need anything before the show?” All of them said no. They were too nervous and were content with their bottles of water.

                At seven Jonghun stepped up to the mic. “Hello. I am Jonghun and we are FT Island!” Hongki lifted his mic to his face and grinned. “Are you guys ready?” He smiled and winked out into the audience. The girls cheered. “We are FT Island! Let’s Rock!!” They began playing their song TV Radio. This crowd was the biggest crowd they had ever played for. All the members of Big Bang seemed to enjoy the show. The CEO was staring intently, focusing on both their performance appeal and their sound.

                An hour later, they finished their set. The crowd started screaming for an encore. They decided to play Primadonna over again, in Japanese instead of Korean. Everyone was shocked and cheered even louder. Big Bang was impressed and the CEO nodded. After their encore, they went backstage again.

                The CEO was talking with all of the Big Bang members. Then the six of them all went back stage. Sanghee, the ahjumma, Kevin and the rest of the boys from the UKISS Steakhouse told the customers that it was closing time. They got everyone out and they started cleaning up. The Ahjumma and Sanghee were standing behind the bar, anxious. After they finished cleaning, all of Kevin’s friends headed back home.

                They heard the back doors close. Then the members of FT Island came running out from the back, screaming excitedly. Hongki and Seunghyun jumped right over the bar and picked up Sanghee, jumping up and down. Jonghun sat at the bar. “He wants us to come sign a contract tomorrow afternoon!!”

                The ahjumma started cheering along with them. Hongki put Sanghee down and started hugging Kevin as well. Kevin laughed and congratulated them. “You guys really deserve this! I’m so happy for you guys!!” Seunghyun hugged Sanghee. “You should come with us too!” Jaejin smiled “You too Kevin!” Kevin smiled “I have to work two shifts tomorrow in exchange for the help today.” They all nodded. Sanghee was shocked at being asked to come with. “I can come? I’m not a part of the band though.” Jonghun winked at her. “It’s because of you that this was able to happen. You are our lucky charm.”

                She laughed “Of course I will come!” They all stayed at the bar for a while and ate the dinner that Eli had cooked for them before he had left.