Chapter 11

You're Not the TOP of My World

                Sanghee opened the door to her apartment angrily as Hongki and Seunghyun followed in after her. “Sanghee! Talk to us! Please?” Hongki begged as they walked in.

                Kevin was standing by the table setting out dinner, wearing his apron again. He heard them all walking in and tried to run into the bathroom but he tripped over the side of the coffee table and fell right in front of Sanghee’s feet. He rolled onto his back rubbing his foot. “Ouch!”

                Kevin looked up at Sanghee. “I’m sorry! I wasn’t quick enough.” Sanghee smiled and bent down next to him. “It’s ok, they found out this morning.” She moved Kevin’s hand and looked at where he hit the table. “Are you alright?” Kevin sat up and smiled. “I’m alright.” He smiled sweetly up at the two boys standing awestruck in front of the door. “Hello! I’m Kevin.”

                Seunghyun leaned towards Hongki. “He’s even prettier then you.” Hongki glared at him and hit him in the arm. “He’s prettier then you too!” Kevin and Sanghee started laughing. She helped Kevin up and he clapped his hands together. “Well since we are all here! Why don’t you guys stay for dinner?” Sanghee sighed and walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Kevin stood there confused as the other two boys looked down at the ground.

                Hongki rubbed the back of his neck. “She’s mad at us.” Kevin motioned for them to sit down as he removed his apron and hung it up in the kitchen. He grabbed the dishes for two more places and set them at the table. Sanghee came back out as the three boys sat at the table. She sat down and smiled at Kevin. “These two only get rice and kimchi. They don’t need your good food tonight.” Kevin laughed innocently “How come you’re so mad at them?” He asked handing them each a bowl of rice.

                Kevin was trying to secretly give them some meat. Sanghee started eating “They took me to a 2NE1 concert and TOP was a special guest. They knew about it and didn’t tell me.” Kevin took the meat back from Hongki who was closest to him, and the only one to have gotten any yet. Hongki suddenly made a sad puppy face. Seunghyun pouted “He wanted to apologize and no one knew it was at you. We were only trying to help.” Kevin pouted “Did he apologize for almost hitting me?”

                Sanghee shook her head no and continued eating. Kevin sighed and gave into Hongki’s sad face. He gave both boys some meat and Sanghee glared at him.  Kevin smiled sweetly and tilted his head to the side. “They were just so sad. I had to feed them.” Sanghee sighed and nodded. “I guess its ok to feed them.” Seunghyun and Hongki each took a bite happily and looked at each other with stunned looks on their face. They suddenly looked at Kevin. “DAEBAK!! KEVIN! WILL YOU MARRY ME!!?” Hongki asked shoving more food in his mouth.

                Everyone started laughing. Soon Sanghee wasn’t even angry anymore. Kevin was curious about TOP. “Why did he choose to apologize publically like that instead of directly?” Sanghee shrugged her shoulders. Seunghyun reached for some more food. “It’s obvious isn’t it? He likes Sanghee a lot and he wanted her to know that and to prove to her that he will take back the things he said. Like saying she was his girlfriend in that magazine.” Kevin nodded and rested his head on his hands, looking at Sanghee across the table from him.

                “So does that mean we have to share her with him now?” Seunghyun nodded as Hongki shrugged his shoulders. Sanghee was shocked at their reaction. “I thought he said that he would stay away now!” Hongki ate a spoonful of rice “That was before you fixed his hand and showed you don’t hate him.” Kevin pouted. “I don’t want to share her though.”

                The other three looked at him shocked. Kevin smiled sweetly and ate some more rice. They finished eating and Seunghyun groaned leaning back against his chair. “That was so good. How do you know how to cook so well?” Kevin picked up the dishes. “I work at a restaurant. I’m a chef’s assistant.” Hongki sat up. “Where do you work? I am totally going to eat there from now on!” Kevin laughed. “I work at UKISS Steakhouse.”

                They looked at him shocked. “Isn’t that the restaurant known for having an attractive, all male staff?” Kevin smiled at them. “That’s the one. We even have a fan club. It’s crazy!” Hongki and Seunghyun were jealous. They had a fan club but it wasn’t even as big as the one for that restaurant. Kevin grinned “I’m sure you guys have a lot of fans as well.” Seunghyun nodded. “We will someday!” Hongki stood up and stretched. “All this great food made me sleepy. Seunghyun, we should go home now.” Seunghyun nodded and stood up as well. Sanghee hugged the both of them. They waved at Kevin as Sanghee closed the door behind them and locked it.

                Kevin put all the dishes in the dishwasher and sat on the couch with his arms on the back. Sanghee yawned and smiled at him. “I’m going to bed. Do you want me to plug your phone in?” Kevin shook his head and smiled. “I will go to bed too.”

                Kevin went into the bathroom to change into his pajamas, a blue and white striped shirt and light blue pajama pants with little birds on them. Sanghee changed in the bedroom, putting on a gray tank top and a pair of green striped shorts, and climbed into bed. A little while later Kevin came in and plugged his phone in and climbed in next to her.

                Sanghee relaxed and hugged her pillow. She hadn’t noticed but since she let Kevin sleep in the bed, he has slowly been closing the gap between them. He was lying on his back, close enough for her to feel his body heat and hear his breathing. She found it relaxing.

                Soon Kevin thought that Sanghee had fallen asleep and he rolled onto his side and pulled her close to him. He really liked the way it felt to fall asleep holding her. He rested his head against hers and smiled.

                Sanghee wasn’t all the way asleep but she was too tired to do anything. She took a deep breath and she could smell his scent. It was calming. She smiled slightly and relaxed into his arms. Kevin took that reaction as she was asleep. He suddenly whispers “I don’t want to share you with TOP. I like you, Sanghee.”

                Sanghee’s eyes shot open. Her mind suddenly filled with hundreds of thoughts. Since Kevin was so calm and seemed to be falling asleep, she realized that he didn’t know she was still awake. She blushed and decided that she would sleep on it and see if he acts any different tomorrow.