Chapter 8

You're Not the TOP of My World

                Sanghee was ready to go by noon. Kevin had left a few hours earlier. She sat there watching TV waiting for Hongki and Seunghyun to come get her. She got a text telling her to come down stairs. She put her shoes on and went outside. The two boys were standing there with two bikes. One had a rack on the back for her to sit on. She smiled at them both. Seunghyun motioned for her to sit on the rack. Hongki grinned “Let’s go play!” She laughed and sat on the back of Seunghyun’s bike and they rode off.

                The two boys took her to rent her own bike and they rode around the park. They got tired after a couple hours and decided to take a break. Seunghyun and Sanghee sat on a bench and watched the kids playing on the equipment. Seunghyun looked around “Where did Hongki go?” Sanghee looked around as well. Neither of them could see him. Sanghee shrugged. “Maybe he went to go get something to drink?” Seunghyun smiled “Should we go find him?” She nodded and the two of them walked their bikes searching for Hongki.

                They spotted his bike in front of a convenience store, across the street from the park. Sanghee laughed and parked her bike against another bench and waited by the grass as Seunghyun went to go help Hongki with whatever he was buying.

                Seunghyun walked into the store and Hongki was drinking a blue slushie and flirting with the cashier. “You are really cute but I have a boyfriend already.” The girl was blushing and trying not to make eye contact. Hongki sighed “Aww, I’m sorry. I just thought you were cute.” Seunghyun sighed and grabbed Hongki’s arm. “I’m sorry about my friend here. He is a little odd.” Seunghyun bowed and pulled Hongki out of the store. Hongki smiled at him and took another sip of his blue slushie.

                Seunghyun dragged him and his bike back over by Sanghee. “Sanghee, he was hitting on another cashier.” Sanghee started laughing. “Was she cute?” Hongki laughed avoiding the question. He finished his slushie and threw it away. He stuck his tongue out. “Hey look! Sanghee, my tongue is blue!” Seunghyun stuck his out “Mines red.” Hongki grabbed Seunghyuns arm and started leaning towards him. “You want to make purple?” Sanghee started laughing hysterically as Seunghyun ran from him and he chased after.

                She stood on the grass and watched them run around. “Hongki! Knock it off with the flirting with people or I will tackle you next time!” Hongki grinned at her and ran towards her and gently tackled her onto the grass and started to snuggle his face into her neck. Sanghee was laughing as Seunghyun was trying to catch his breath.

                They heard someone clear their throat. Sanghee and Hongki looked up and saw TOP standing there with his arms crossed and Daesung was climbing out of a van. Hongki climbed off of Sanghee and helped her up. TOP sighed “What are you doing?”

                Sanghee sighed. “I’m spending time with my friends. Why aren’t you in America?” TOP shrugged his shoulders as Daesung came up next to him and waved excitedly at Sanghee. She smiled politely at him. Daesung greeted Seunghyun and Hongki as well. TOP and Sanghee seemed to be having a staring contest. “What do you want TOP?” she asked grumpily. He smiled at her “I was looking for you.” She raised her eyebrow at him. “Why?” TOP continued smiling. “They asked me about you in an interview for one of the magazines. The pictures of you yelling at me at the concert got around quickly.”

                Hongki and Seunghyun looked at each other shocked. Sanghee’s jaw dropped “What did you tell them?” TOP smirked. She had to admit that his smirk was y, but he was insane. “I told them that you were my girlfriend.” She glared at him and exploded. “Why would you tell them that I’m your girlfriend?! You never asked me and even if you did I wouldn’t say yes!” TOP’s expression went blank. Daesung looked down at the ground. Seunghyun and Hongki instinctively tried to stand between her and TOP but she glared at them and they moved off to the side.

                “You treated me like some sort of thing to be collected! You even had the nerve to tell me that I wasn’t in mint condition after getting a stupid paper cut! All of that was after you kissed me! I’m not some toy that you can just keep around! I’m a real person with feelings! You have no right!” Sanghee yelled at him. She started to notice that she was making a scene and people were taking out their camera phones to take pictures of TOP and Daesung.

                She sighed and shook her head “Come on guys, I want to go home now.” She walked back to her bike and Seunghyun and Hongki followed her. They rode off in the direction to return her bike. Daesung put his hand on TOP’s shoulder. “Tabi, lets go. People are staring.” Daesung smiled awkwardly and waved at the people who had surrounded them as he led TOP back to the van.

                As soon as Daesung closed the van door, TOP hit the back of the seat in front of him and covered his head. “Why is this so hard? I don’t understand people.” Daesung nodded and reached into his backpack and pulled out a stuffed Bearbrick figure and handed it to TOP. He pushed it away, shocking both Daesung and the manager driving.

                Seunghyun and Hongki dropped Sanghee off at her apartment. She sighed and went straight upstairs without saying anything to them. The two boys looked at each other worried.

                The manager parked the van and TOP looked out the window and saw Sanghee’s friends walking away from a building. He noted the address and rubbed one of his eyes. He was trying not to cry, Daesung knew that he was crying but said nothing about it. They sat there in silence until TOP composed himself.

                Sanghee opened the door to her apartment. Kevin was happily setting the table and smiled at her as she came in. He was wearing his apron again but had his hair down. She walked straight to the couch and plopped down face first. Kevin crouched down next to her. “What’s wrong?” Sanghee sighed. “Don’t worry about it. It’s nothing important.”

                He clapped his hands together and stood up. “I know!” He went and moved all of the food from the kitchen table onto the coffee table and the DVD player. “What movie do you want to watch?” He said smiling at her sweetly. She sat up and smiled back at him. “What ever movie is fine.” He grabbed a movie and put it in and started it. She laughed when she saw that he chose to watch ‘You’re My Pet’.

                “I love this movie!” Kevin took off his apron and she saw that he was wearing a white button up shirt with the top couple buttons undone and a pair of black jeans. He sat down next to her and smiled at her. “Eat! I made this for you.” She smiled and tried some and it was really good. They started watching the movie and eating together.

                Soon Sanghee had forgotten all about seeing TOP in the park. “Kevin, what do you do anyways?” Kevin smiled as he took a bite of the rice. “Oh, I work in a restaurant. I’m one of the chefs’ assistants.” She smiled and nodded. “That explains why your food is really good.” Kevin laughed and wrapped some of the food in a lettuce leaf and held it out for Sanghee to eat. She looked at him as he opened his mouth, telling her to open hers. She smiled and opened up as he fed her.  

                She was chewing and he made another one and tried feeding it to her again. She wasn’t done eating the one in and laughed and leaned away. “Come on! Open up!” Kevin as he leaned over her, laughing. Sanghee could see his bare skin under his shirt as he hovered over her laughing.

                Suddenly their front door opened and they both looked up in shock. Sanghee swallowed her food as she saw TOP standing in the doorway. Kevin froze. If he wasn’t holding food in his hand, it would have looked like they were about to do something.

                TOP got furious and walked over to Kevin and picked him up by his shirt. Kevin was slightly taller then him. TOP started yelling. “This is the second guy I have seen you with like this today!” He yelled at Sanghee and pulled his fist back like he was going to hit Kevin in the face. Sanghee stood up and started yelling. “You can’t come barging into someone’s apartment and attack some one who lives there!”

                He looked at her confused. “I thought you lived here?” Sanghee crossed her arms. “I do live here. Now get out.” He let go of Kevin as Sanghee pushed him out the door and locked it behind him. Kevin was standing there stunned.

                Sanghee went over to him. “Are you ok?” Kevin nodded. “Was that TOP? From Big Bang?” Sanghee nodded and sat back down. “Yeah, he is insane.” Kevin sat down next to her and rested his head on her shoulder. “He is so scary.” She nodded and patted him on the head. She felt like she needed to take care of him. He took such good care of her so far.

                She patted him on the head and rested her head against his. “He was why I was upset when I came home. Should we restart the movie?” Kevin nodded and got up and restarted it. He sat back down next to her and put his arm on the couch behind her.