Chapter 18

You're Not the TOP of My World

                Kevin was sitting inside of the UKISS Steakhouse, staring out the window with a blank expression. The only people there right now were Eli and Alexander. They were both watching him from the kitchen. They knew he was waiting to meet with Sanghee’s friends. Alexander looked at Eli worried. “I’m not used to seeing him not smiling.” Eli nodded as the front doors opened and Hongki and Seunghyun walked in, looking around.

                The two FT Island members were nervous because the sign said that it was closed. They spotted Kevin and quickly walked over to him. Hongki had a worried expression on his face. “What’s wrong? Did something happen to Sanghee?” Seunghyun sat down next to Hongki. Eli and Alexander were still spying from the kitchen.

                Kevin sighed and started talking. “You guys know that TOP has been coming to the bar regularly now right?” The two boys nodded. “Well he drank to much last night and ahjumma had Sanghee walk him back to the company. He ended up singing a song for her and cried. Then today every time we saw a commercial with him in it, she would have this hurt expression on her face.” Seunghyun and Hongki were shocked. Kevin looked down at the table. “I think she is starting to like him…”

                Everyone listening was shocked. Seunghyun looked confused. “I think we need to think of a situation to get them together so we can see if they are acting different now.” The three boys sitting at the table nodded. Hongki suddenly had an idea. “I know! We just finished that song right! We can ask all of Big Bang and Sanghee to come listen to it and ask for feedback. That way they are in the same place but it won’t be weird.” Seunghyun and Kevin were surprised at him for having a good idea.

                Seunghyun nodded. “We know Sanghee the best so we will be able to know if she likes him or not before even she does. I’m surprised that you noticed before even us.” Kevin nodded and smiled sadly.

                Hongki took his phone out and texted Taeyang ‘When will all of Big Bang be able to come listen to a song we made together?’ Almost right away, he texted back ‘The day after tomorrow is the soonest. Why?’ Hongki smiled at Seunghyun. “Taeyang says the day after tomorrow.”  Seunghyun nodded. Kevin leaned down on the table and sighed.

                Seunghyun’s phone rang. “Hello? We are with Kevin. No she’s not here. Yeah. Ok. Bye.” He hung up his phone and stood up. “I’m sorry Kevin, Jonghun wants us at the studio.” Hongki stood up and did the fighting pose to Kevin. “Hang in there.” Kevin nodded and stared back out the window as they left.

                Eli and Alexander came out of the kitchen and sat at the table. Alexander hugged him and smiled. “I’m sure everything will be fine.” Eli nodded and ruffled up Kevin’s hair. “Yeah, you are cute. I’m sure that she still loves you.”  Kevin nodded and stood up and went back home.

                Two days later, Sanghee arrived at the company and the guard at the front desk wouldn’t let her in. They thought she was just a fan. She leaned on the counter “But FT Island invited me here today! Can you please let me in?” The guard sighed. “You aren’t a trainee here and you aren’t on the list of approved visitors. None of the FT Island members have even submitted a list of visitors allowed.” Sanghee sighed and dug through her bag for her phone.

                “Oh! She’s with me!” a male voice from behind her called. She turned and Daesung grabbed her shoulders and scanned his card and took her in. He grinned at her. “You came to hear the new FT Island song too?” She smiled and nodded. Daesung opened the door to the studio and let her in first. “Hey guys!” she went and hugged the FT members one by one. Daesung sat in a chair and smiled. “You guys need to submit a list of guests you allow in here to the front guard. He wouldn’t let her in so I brought her in with me.”

                Sanghee nodded. Taeyang was sitting on one end of the couch and Seungri was talking to Minhwan. TOP and GD showed up last and TOP sat on the other end of the couch. GD sat on the arm of the couch and smiled at everyone. “Now that we are all here, let’s hear your song!” Sanghee nodded and looked around. The only open seat was between Taeyang and TOP.

                She sat there and leaned on her knees waiting for the song to start. The members of FT Island were a bit shocked to see her sit there with no problem. GD and Daesung smiled a bit. Hongki and Seunghyun were watching her carefully.  Jaejin smiled and clicked things on the computer. “This is called I Hope.” He pressed play. Everyone listened intently. Taeyang and GD were keeping beat to the song. Daesung was listening very carefully to the vocals. Seungri was staring straight ahead listening. TOP closed his eyes and almost looked like he was sleeping. His leg relaxed slightly and touched Sanghee’s leg but neither of them moved or had a reaction.

                Seunghyun and Hongki looked at each other with a confused look. Hongki sighed. Once the song ended, everyone nodded. Sanghee smiled and clapped. “That was amazing like all of your songs!” Daesung grinned and put his arm around Hongki. “You have an amazing voice by the way. It’s very unique.” Hongki smiled at the sudden compliment and nodded. “Thank you!” GD smiled. “Was it Jaejin or Seunghyun who rapped in this one?”

                Jaejin smiled “Both of us did. Seunghyun did the first and third rap sections and I did the second one.” GD nodded. “That’s why it sounded different. In that case, you are both pretty good at rapping. I really like the first rap.” Seunghyun was beaming. TOP opened his eyes and looked at Sanghee. “Sanghee, you can see the song from a fans point of view. Do you think anything needs to change?” Everyone was shocked that he spoke to her like a normal conversation. They were even more shocked when she spoke back normally as well. She shook her head “I think it is great as it is. I like the fact that the song builds up at the beginning then explodes for the chorus. Fans really like songs like that.”

                The members of Big Bang nodded in agreement. The members of FT Island however were in shock over what just happened. Sanghee didn’t look annoyed or angry in the least. Little less then two weeks ago, she had told the members that she was dating Kevin and didn’t care about TOP and even called him a jerk.

                An alarm went off on TOP’s phone. He looked at it. “Oh, I’m sorry. I have a photo shoot to go prepare for. Keep up the good work.” He stood up and left without saying bye to anyone. Jonghun grinned. “Thank you guys for listening to our song. It’s the first time we ever recorded something in a studio and we didn’t know if it sounded good.” The members of Big Bang smiled. GD slid into the seat that TOP was sitting in and motioned for Taeyang to come closer. GD leaned over Sanghee’s lap and whispered into Taeyangs ear.  Sanghee was surprised at the sudden closed space in front of her.

                Taeyang smiled and nodded. “How about we sunbae’s treat our new hoobae’s to some food?” GD turned and smiled at Sanghee, still slightly hovering over her lap. “You can come too.” She stared wide eyed and nodded awkwardly.

                GD stood up and clapped his hands together. “That settles that then! Let’s go eat!” Suddenly the FT Island members were very happy. Feeding them always got them to do whatever you wanted. Sanghee learned that a long time ago. Now that they were trainees, they were always practicing and she was sure that they were eating less.

                It was almost night time so a lot of the outside bars were filling up with people. Sanghee got into FT Islands van with them and they followed Big Bang’s van. They all immediately realized where they were going. GD was taking them to the bar where Sanghee worked and where FT Island used to play. They laughed as they got out of the van. Sanghee opened the door to the bar and went in first to greet the Ahjumma. “Ahjumma! I’m here.” There were only two other customers in the bar, both were old men.

                The ahjumma came out as Big Bang and FT Island came in. She grinned. “Oh my! You brought a lot of handsome boys with you!” Everyone laughed. GD grinned and bowed “Ahjumma, please take care of us.” The ahjumma blushed and quickly went into the back to bring some meat out for them. The ten of them all sat around one of the tables that you cooked the meat in the center of.

                Sanghee made sure to sit in between Jaejin and Minhwan. She didn’t want any more surprises. She knew that these two would be safe. Minhwan was against the wall. Hongki sat on the other side of Jaejin. Daesung sat next to Hongki. On the other side of the table, Seungri sat next to the wall with GD across from Sanghee. Jonghun sat in the middle with Taeyang on his other side. Seunghyun sat across from Daesung.

The ahjumma brought out their food and took every ones drink order. GD looked around at everyone. “Is everyone alright with Soju?” They all nodded. Sanghee decided that she was now very glad that she sat where she did.

                Soon everyone was eating and drinking and having random conversations about how things worked at the company. Suddenly GD leaned on the table and looked at Sanghee. “So Sanghee, what did you do to our Tabi? He is very well behaved lately. He is even using more manners.” Everyone looked at her shocked. She was even more shocked. “Wha… What? I didn’t do anything. He confessed to me and I told him I had a boyfriend.” GD nodded and took a bite of meat. Hongki and Seunghyun weren’t sure if anyone else knew about TOP singing to her.

                Daesung laughed “He didn’t sing that song for you?” Sanghee blushed and looked at him shocked. She had no idea how he knew that. She thought that TOP wouldn’t even remember. Seungri took a drink. “Yeah, that song was pretty good. His voice was a bit shaky but it was really good.” Sanghee smiled awkwardly “How did you guys know I was there?”

                Daesung smiled. “The front of our building has cameras and you told the guard that TOP was asleep in the room so he called us to come get him. The song was open when we got there and we know that he can’t press the buttons from inside the booth.” She nodded. “Yeah, he sang to me but he passed out so I went home.”

                GD leaned back with a grin on his face. “Ah yes, our Tabi is a very talented writer.” The rest of big bang nodded. There was an awkward silence for a little while when suddenly Minhwan cleared his throat and smiled at everyone. “So do any of you guys know when the CEO is planning on having us debut?” Sanghee sighed in relief as the conversation started up again about their debut. She looked at Minhwan who just smiled innocently back at her.

                Seunghyun excused himself for a moment. He went to the bathroom and opened his phone and called Kevin. Kevin answered immediately. “Hello?” “Kevin, her and TOP are able to have normal conversations now. It’s a little awkward but they are obviously getting closer slowly.” Kevin sighed “Ahh, really?”  Seunghyun sighed as well and leaned against a wall. “Their legs touched on accident in the studio and neither of them moved apart, but they didn’t have a reaction either.” Kevin was quiet. “After TOP left, Daesung asked her about that song and she blushed.” Seunghyun felt really sad for saying all of this, but it was better that he knew instead of just doubting everything.

                “Also GD said that recently TOP has been behaved and using manners. He thinks that Sanghee has something to do with it.” Kevin took a deep breath “I see…” his voice sounded a little shaken. Seunghyun put his hand up to his head. “I’m sorry Kevin.” Kevin sighed “It’s alright. I know what I have to do. Thank you. Bye.” Seunghyun hung up his phone and took a deep breath.

                He went back out to the table and sat down and took another shot, nodding at Hongki who frowned.