Chapter 09: Mission: Jeju Island

The Annoying & Charismatic Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minho was hanging out with s at their dorm.  He got bored at Sulli’s place without her and decided to see what the boys were doing.  He texted her earlier to see what time she was going home, but of course she answered an hour later.  She said she would be really late and he should just go back to his dorm.

“Hey hyung…” Taemin waved his hands in front of his face.

Minho looked at him.  “Yeah?”

“No place to go today?” He teased.

Minho punched him on his arm.  “Why? You don’t want me here?”

“Hyung! Minho hyung just hit me!!!” Taemin screamed.

“Minho, just because your lady friend is not home that doesn’t mean you can bring your gloomy attitude here.” Onew lectured him.

“I’m not gloomy.” Minho said.  “And what lady friend are you talking about?”

Taemin rolled his eyes.  “Who else!?”

“Then what?” Key interrupted.  “You’ve been moping around since you got here.” Key pointed out.

“It’s nothing.” Minho shrugged.  “What are you guys doing anyway?”

“We’re planning on taking the girls out for dinner.  Want to tag along?” Jonghyun asked.

Minho frowned.  “What ladies?”

“You girlfriend’s friends.” Key pointed out.

“How many times I need to tell you guys she’s not my girlfriend.” Minho stood up.  “I’ll go with you guys since I have nothing else to do.” Minho added.

“Okay, let me call them.” Jonghyun dialed the number.

Minho thought he could get some more inside information about Sulli from her friends.  He was getting excited until he saw Key’s expression.  He was looking at his phone.  Minho stood up and sat beside Key.

“What’s going on?”

Key looked at him.  “Nothing.”

“Nothing? Then why do you keep looking at your phone?” Minho asked.

“Well…” Key looked around and he saw the other three members were busy doing something else he whispered.  “Can I tell you something, but never tell anyone else?”

Minho was surprised.  “Of course.”

“Well, I asked Amber out this weekend.” Key informed him.

“Amber?” Minho asked.

“Sulli’s friend.” Key explained.

“Ohhhh…and?”

“Well, she said she has prior engagement.” Key massaged his neck.  “You think she’s blowing me off?”

“I don’t know…” Minho was cut off when he heard a text message coming from Key.

Key looked at his phone and read the text.  His whole face changed.  He frowned turned upside down to a smile while he texted back.

“Who was that?” Minho was curious.

“Amber…She said she couldn’t go this weekend, but Tuesday is good for her.” Key grinned.

“That’s good.” Minho said.  “Maybe I should ask Sulli to go out this weekend.  Like a date.” Minho looked at Key.

“You guys still not dating?” Key was surprised.  “You’re too slow man.”

“Shut up!” Minho pushed his friend.  “You don’t understand…she’s a bit complicated.”

“Complicated? How?” Key looked at Minho who was deep in thoughts.

Minho massaged his neck.  “She built this wall around her.  I thought I was making progress on breaking it down, then bam! I feel like I slammed on that wall again.”

Key looked confuse.  “Wall? You’re not making sense at all.

“I meant…she’s cold…then she’s hot…then cold again.” Minho tried to explain.

“Then just tell her straight that you like her and that you want her to be your girl.” Key said like it was just that simple.

“Yeah, then she will straight out say ‘No’ to my face.” He lowered his head.  “I don’t want that.  I don’t think my heart can take that.”

“You really like this girl.” Key was surprised to see this side of Minho.

Minho laughed sadly.  “Yes, I think I really do.  She’s just so different from the others.  She doesn’t even like me as the idol Minho, but as me…The real me.”

“You’re making this too complicated.  Just tell her what you feel.  Stop this torture you’re doing to yourself.” Key advised.

“Hey guys! Let’s go…the girls are heading to the karaoke place that we usually go to.” Jonghyun interrupted before Minho could say anything else.

“Okay, we’re coming.” Key answered back.  Then he looked at Minho.  “C’mon, maybe you just need this change of pace.  Get your mind clear by singing.” Key nudged his friend.

“Whatever.” Minho followed Key behind as they left to go to the Karaoke.

~ TACI ~

Krystal was excited when she saw Minho came in with the rest of the SHINEE boys.  This was the first time she saw him in person.  Whenever they met up with the boys, Minho was always missing in action. 

“How come there are only three of you? Where’s Amber and Sulli?” Taemin asked.

“They have classes all day on Wednesday.  They don’t get out till after 9pm.” Krystal shared.

“Oh, that .  I want to see Sulli.” Taemin pouted. 

Krystal saw Minho moved beside Taemin.  She fixed her hair and smiled towards him, but he didn’t even notice her.  She was about to say something when Taemin asked her something.

“Does Amber and Sulli really closed?” He looked at Krystal.  “I noticed they work together, they have the same classes together…what else do they do together?”

Krystal sighed.  “Yes, they are very close.  They knew each other since way back.  When one goes somewhere the other one would probably be there too.”

~ TACI ~

Minho was bored.  He kept thinking of Sulli while he sulked when his other friends were having too much fun with the other girls.  He looked at his phone…he tried texting her a few times, but of course she didn’t answer.  Jonghyun and Onew was singing and dancing with two of the girls which he believed was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter