Chapter 17: Mr. Roboto

The Annoying & Charismatic Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just want to thank all my readers.

I really enjoyed reading all your comments.

It helps me write more.

I hope y'all liked this chapter.

 

 

“Awesome work everyone!”  Their manager screamed over the loud noise that the fans were making for the final program of the night.

All of the SHINEE boys were running down the stage all tired and spent. Everyone was cheering them on for a job well done during their Asian Tour. 

Tonight was the last night of their concert which concludes the whole trip.  They travelled to China, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, and Thailand for this tour.  Tomorrow they would be flying back to Korea for much awaited rest.

Key observed Minho smiling and thanking everyone in the staff as they walked down the hallway to their dressing room.  Other people might not see it, but the four of them knew that all that smile he placed on his face was all a façade to get everyone off his back.

Since that day when Minho learned of Sulli’s disappearance he completely changed.  He didn’t want to see anyone and was always cooped up in his room the first three days.  Then on the fourth day he finally emerges from his isolation with a robotic smile on his face greeting everyone as if nothing happened at all.  No one dared to mention Sulli’s name around Minho since everyone could tell that it was still a very fresh matter that might send Minho back to withdrawal again. 

Minho kept himself busy and accepted work from a many TV Variety show programs and CF just to keep his mind occupied with something else besides Sulli.  In front of the camera Minho was more charismatic and even did a few aegyo moments, which he really hate doing from the past, which made the fans go wild.  But once that they were all alone that happy, charismatic, adorable Minho retracted back to a quiet lone wolf.

“Minho!” Jonghyun jumped him from the back.  “Good job today!”

Minho smiled.  “Good job too Hyung.”

“C’mon!” Jonghyun smacked him from the back.  “Why are you all so gloomy? You should be smiling and happy since we will finally get the rest we need for the next two weeks!”

“Yeah Hyung.” Taemin walked beside him as they enter their dressing room.  “We can finally go back home.”

“He is happy, don’t bug him too much.” Key gently knocked Taemin’s head as he walked passed them inside the dressing room.

“Guys!” Onew called out by the door.  “Heads up!”

All four guys turned to Onew and saw him tossing cold bottle of water.  Each one of them caught one.

“Let’s hurry up and change so we can head out to the hotel to pack our stuff and then rest.  We have an early flight tomorrow.” Onew reminded them.

“Okay Hyung!” Taemin answered with a salute.

Minho just shook his head while the rest laughed at the cute maknae.

“Minho-shi?” Minho turned around and looked at the source of the voice.  One of the female staff was at the door calling out for him.

“Yeah?” He walked towards her.

The female staff smiled excitedly towards him.  “You…uhm…you have a small package.”

Minho was surprised.  “A small package?”

“Yeah…someone asked me to give it to you.”  The female staff stepped closer to him and handed a small letter size package.

“Thank you.” Minho mumbled as he looked at the small package.  Then he called the girl back before she stepped out of the room.  “Wait…do you know who gave this to you?”

The girl shook her head.  “I’m sorry, but no.”

“Oh…okay.  Thank you.” Minho looked at the package again before turning around to change when the girl said something.

“If it helps…that person was one of the staff here.  I think he left already.”

Minho was curious.  “He?”

“Yeah, I believe it was a guy, but then I couldn’t really tell.  That person was wearing a hat and a jacket plus it was dark.”

“I see.” Minho looked disappointed.  “Okay, thank you again.”

“You’re welcome.” The girl bowed before leaving.

“Minho…what’s that?” Key walked towards him.

Minho shrugged.  “Just a small package.”

Key looked at the package.  “Aren’t you going to open it?”

“Yeah.” Minho was about to open it when he was interrupted.

“Okay boys! Are you all ready?” Their manager walked in the room then he saw Minho still on his stage costume.  “Minho, go change fast, we are about to leave.”

“Why are you in a hurry Hyung?” One asked while putting on his shirt.

“Well, the fans decided to go around towards our exit and the more they get there the harder for us to leave, so hurry up.”

Minho looked at the package and then at his clothes.  He decided to open it later and placed it in his bag before he started to change.

~ TACI ~

Key, Jonghyun, Onew, and Taemin decided to visit Amber at her work place the day after they returned to Korea.

It was one of those slow days that the coffee shop was practically empty.

“Hey.” Amber waved as she sat on the empty chair beside Key at the corner of the coffee shop where it was partly hidden from plain view.

“Are you on break right now?” Jonghyun asked before he sipped his hot café mocha drink.

Amber turned behind her to see her co-workers whispering to each other about her friends.  She remembered when the four of them walked in looking all confident and mysterious with their hats and sunglasses.  She couldn’t help, but laughed at them.

“Amber…” Onew brought her back to the present.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter