Chapter 11: Confrontation and Confirmation

The Annoying & Charismatic Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho was shocked to hear what this arrogant bastard just said.  Before he could he even say or do anything he saw Sulli walked towards this guy with a gentle smile on her face and then kneed him on his groin.  It was totally unexpected.  He looked around to see if anyone witnessed that, but it seems like everyone was too busy doing their own thing except Sulli’s parents.

“Choi Sulli!” Mrs. Choi gasped. 

“Sulli!” Her father looked mad.  “Apologized to Shin Min right now.” He ordered.

Sulli scoffed.  “I don’t have anything to apologize for.  That bastard deserved it.”

Mrs. Choi looked at Sulli while she held on Shin Min’s arms.  “Explain yourself young lady!”

“What’s to explain?” Sulli asked.  “Oh…you both didn’t know how this bastard broke your only child’s heart by fooling around with other girls while he was supposed to be going out with me.”

Mr. and Mrs. Choi looked at Shin Min with surprised.

Shin Min, still in pain, tried to explain.  “I can explain Auntie, Uncle…”

“Explain what again?” Sulli glared at him.  “How you flaunted your girls around the campus and made me look like a fool? Then go ahead.” She looked at her parents.  “I’ll be outside if you need me.”  Sulli turned around and left.

Minho looked at her parents and then to Sulli’s disappearing back. “If you’ll excuse me I’ll go check on her.” Minho didn’t even wait for their response as he ran after Sulli.

“Minho!” He turned around and saw Amber with Key running after him. 

“What’s going on?” Amber looked worried.  “Where’s Sulli?”

“She ran outside.  I’m trying to find her.” Minho informed them.

“What happened?” Key looked confuse.

“It seems like her ex-boyfriend was invited here tonight.” Minho shared.

Amber gasped.  “Shin Min is here?” Then her face changed to fury.  “That bastard had the nerve to show his face here?!” Key saw  her hands balled into a tight fist.

“Who is this guy?” Key tried to calm Amber down.

“That bastard was the reason why Sulli doesn’t trust guys anymore.” Amber was about to marched in when Minho stopped her. 

“Did you know the whole story between Sulli and that bastard?” Minho asked.

Amber hesitated.  “Yes, I do.”

“Then please explained everything to her parents please.  I think they need to know the whole story.”

Amber agreed.  “Okay, I’ll take care of it.”

“Where are you going?” Key asked when he saw Minho turned the other direction.

“I’m going to find Sulli.” With that said he disappeared towards the beach.

~ TACI ~

Sulli took her shoes off as she walked down the beach behind the World Hotel.  She needed to clear her mind after what just happened inside.  It has been four years since she left everything behind in the States.  Four years since she gave up on love. She was weak and shy back then, but turned herself around.  She promised herself then that she won’t fall for another guy like that. 

She looked at the clear dark sky and slowly closed her eyes as she breathes in the fresh scent of the sea.  She felt a presence behind her.  She didn’t even have to look to know who it was.  “Are you going to just stand there or join me down here?” Sulli asked while still looking at the waves crashing down to her feet.

“I wasn’t sure if you would welcome my company.” Minho softly said as he sat beside her on the beach.

“That never stopped you before.” Sulli snorted.

Minho agreed.  “True.” He looked at Sulli’s face.  “Care to share what’s going on in that crazy head of yours?”

“Not really…” Sulli answered.

Minho pouted and poked Sulli on her side.  “C’mon…I know you want to.”

Silence…

“It’s just us over here…You can scream, shout, even cursed if you want.  I promise I won’t tell anyone.” Minho tried to get any reaction from her.

Sulli turned her head towards him and glared at him.  “I don’t curse.”

“Yeah sure…” Minho nodded his head in agreement, but his face said otherwise.

Sulli fumed and pushed Minho.  “I said I don’t!”

“Fine! You don’t! Sheesh…defensive much?” Minho wiped the sands off his hands.

Sulli looked back at the sea and sighed.  “Sorry, I don’t know what came over me today.”

Minho moved closer to Sulli.  They were sitting side by side now looking at the same sea under this beautiful clear night sky.  “It’s so peaceful out here.  You kind of forget what just happened inside and feel that it’s you and me here alone.”

Sulli smiled softly.  “Yeah, I just wish it’s like this every day…quiet, peaceful, and nothing to worry about.”

They both were silent for a while when Minho couldn’t take it any longer.  “That guy earlier…”

Sulli looked at him when he didn’t continue.  “What about him?”

“Is it true that he was your ex-boyfriend?” He straight out asked her.

“Yeah.” She curtly answered.

“Why did he say you’re his runaway girlfriend?” This time Minho turned his body towards her. He wanted to see her face when she answers.

Sulli rolled her eyes.  “That’s what he thinks.  I broke up with him four years ago when I left the States.”

“Does that mean he doesn’t accept it?”

“What’s to accept? I made it clear to him before and he just laughed at me.  He thought I was just joking when I told him to pick me or his girls at school.  He made his choice.” Sulli’s voice went down a notch.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter