Chapter 10: The Unexpected Trouble

The Annoying & Charismatic Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Pier

Amber looked at Sulli with shock when they arrived at the Pier.  “I thought we were flying there and not catching the ferry.”

Sulli blew her bangs away from her face when she parked her car on the side road.  “Yeah, that was the plan until the night before.  Sorry I didn’t get a chance to tell you yesterday because I had to cancel our flight reservation and book this one in a hurry.  Also, to pack and stuff.”

“Why are we taking the ferry again?” Amber asked.

“Well, I’m taking my car with me.” Sulli said as she stepped out of her car followed by Amber.

“Didn’t we reserve a car already in Jeju?” Amber was getting more and more confused.

Sulli sighed and looked around them.  She dragged Amber on the side to explain things.  “Well, don’t be upset okay?”

“Oh no…what did you do this time?” Amber was afraid to hear the answer as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Minho and Key will be coming with us.” Sulli confessed.

Amber stood up straight with her eyes wide opened.  “Say what?!”

“You heard me.” Sulli shook her head.  “And you know how I don’t like repeating myself.”

“Dangit!” Amber turned around with her hand on her head.  “Key is coming?!” She turned to Sulli again.  “Why didn’t you tell me yesterday! OMG! I look like a boy right now!”

Sulli looked at her friend Amber.  She was wearing a sneaker, white capri pants, a navy blue t-shirt with a black vest, and her favorite red cap.  “You look fine.” Sulli grinned at her.

“No I’m not, so stop lying.” Amber glared at her.  “When are they supposed to come?”

“Minho said they will be dropped here by their manager.” Then Sulli saw a black tinted car headed their direction.  “I think they are here.”

The car stopped right behind her car.  Then he saw Minho and Key stepped out with their glasses and cap on.  She opened her back seat to let them in.  Minho ignored her and went straight to the front passenger seat while Key went straight at the back.  Sulli just shook her head.  She looked at Amber and motioned her with her head to go inside the back seat beside Key.  Amber shook her head nervously.  Sulli looked up in the sky asking for patience and walked towards Amber and pushed her inside the back seat before closing her car.  She looked at the guy who was in the other car and bowed her head before she went in the driver’s seat.

“Okay, fasten your seat belts guys.” Sulli ordered and the guys followed.  When she was satisfied she drove off to the ferry.

~ TACI ~

Key placed his right hand over his fast pounding heart.  He took a peek under his hat towards Amber; who looked like she was more interested looking outside of her window than being inside beside him.  He mastered all the courage he could get and called out her name.  “Amber.”

Amber looked at him with an awkward, but bright smile on her face.  “Yeah?”

“Nice view outside?” Key wanted to hit himself for saying that.  He was just too nervous to say anything right.

Amber chuckled.  “Yeah it is, but I like the company inside more.”

Key blushed as he tried to cover it with his hat.  “I hope you don’t mind us tagging along with you and Sulli at Jeju Island.”

“I don’t mind at all.” Amber said.  “I was just surprised to learn about it just few minutes ago.”

“You too?” Key turned his body towards Amber.  “Minho did the same thing to me the other night.  He just called me and said that we will go to Jeju Island and not to let the other boys know.”

Amber frowned.  “Why not tell the other boys?”

Key looked at the front towards Sulli and Minho before he signaled Amber to come closer.  Amber moved closer to him and he leaned towards her and whispered.  “The boys are curious about Sulli.  Especially Onew.”

Amber looked surprised.  “Really now…”

Key nodded his head as he sat up straight.  “Yeah.  So, if they know we are going with Sulli they will surely tag along.”

“You don’t have any scheduled appearances or things like that?

“Oh, we’re on vacation for two weeks.  We don’t have anything scheduled at all.” Key grinned.

“Must be nice then.” Amber grinned back.

…Silence…

Key coughed.  “So, what are we doing in Jeju Island again?”

Amber looked at Key.  “You know what…I don’t know about you guys, but we are there for the Photo Exhibit that Sulli’s Parents are doing.”

“Oh, can we come?” Key asked in random.  “I can be your date…well, if you don’t have any yet.” Key shyly added.

Amber lowered her head to hide her blush.  “No, I don’t have a date yet…wasn’t planning on having one.”

“So I can be your date then?” Key eagerly asked.

“Sure, why not.  Since I bet Minho will monopolized Sulli’s time there.”

“That’s great then…I mean the date, not Minho monopolizing your friend’s time.” Key tried to explain.

Amber just laughed.  “Don’t worry, I understood what you meant.”

“You have a beautiful laugh.” Key said out loud.

“I what?” Amber was startled with his comment.

“OH! Did I just say that out loud?” Key’s eyes shot wide open.  “Sorry, I tend to do that.”  Then he mumbled softly.  “It’s the truth though.”

Amber doesn’t know what to say.  “Thank you…I guess.”  She knew her face was as red as her hat.

Key was thankful when Sulli interrupted them. 

“Okay, let’s get out and get some fresh air.  I believe it takes an hour to get to Jeju?” Sulli informed them.  “If you want to stay in the car that’s fine with me too, but I’m getting some coffee.”

“I’ll come with you.” Minho offered.  “I want something to drink too.”

“Okay then.”  Sulli looked behind her to check on Amber and Key.

“I’ll go with you too.” Both Amber and Key said at the same time.  Amber and Key looked at each other both wide eyed and said, “JINX!!!”

“Double JINX!” Key said again before Amber could.  “HA! I said it first!”

“Not fair!” Amber whined.

Key looked at Sulli and Minho like a kid who won a big prize.  “You both heard me first right?”

Sulli rolled her eyes and Minho just laughed. 

“Fine…you said it first.” Amber gave up.

Key looked so proud. “Now you owe me something.”

“What do you want t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter