Chapter 13: Fixing Things

The Annoying & Charismatic Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What were you both thinking?!” Manager Kang Ho Dong threw the paper in front of the boys.  “I let both of you go thinking you two were responsible enough not to get in trouble and what do I get?!”

Jonghyun, Onew, and Taemin looked at the other two members, but mostly their eyes were on Minho.

“Who is that girl?” Kang Ho Dong pointed at the newspaper on the coffee table.

Minho and Key didn’t respond.

“Probably Sulli…” Taemin mumbled.

Kang Ho Dong looked at Taemin and frowned.  “Sulli?” He said the name.  “Who is this Sulli?”

All four eyes were glaring at Taemin.

“Who is this Sulli?!” Kang Ho Dong barked when he didn’t get any answers.

“She’s the girl who saved me last time when I was sick and was followed by my fans.” Minho finally said.

Kang Ho Dong looked at him.  “Were you with her this whole time?”

Minho nodded his head.  “Yes I was.”

“Does she even know what’s going on right now?”

“Nope.  I don’t think she saw the newspaper yet.”  Minho shared with his friends.

“What will you do now?” Kang Ho Dong sat in front of Minho.  “This girl might be in danger from your fans.”

Key cleared his throat this time to get everyone’s attention.  “I don’t think it will be a problem.”

Kang Ho Dong turned his head towards Key.  “Why do you think so?”

“The picture was poorly shot; you can’t really tell that it was Minho and Sulli on the photo.” Key pointed out.

“If someone asked him about the photo he could just deny being there or he could say that he was just helping someone who passed out.” Taemin came out with a story.

Kang Ho Dong shook his head.  “No, those excuses can be easily proved wrong.” Kang Ho Dong started to pace in front of the boys. 

Key sat up straight.  “How about if we tell the reporters that Choi Sulli is one of our closest friends?” Then he added.  “I could tell them Sulli and I are best friend and that we were just escorting her to her Mom’s photo exhibition.”

Kang Ho Dong tapped his chin.  “That might work.”

The boys let out a sigh of relief when Kang Ho Dong agreed with their ideas.

“Okay, let’s wait and see what the tabloids will say before we make a move.”

All the boys nodded their head in agreement.

 

~ TACI ~

 

Amber was waiting in their hotel room for Sulli.  She looked at the clock and it showed half past six in the afternoon.  It had been ten hours since she last saw Sulli.  She shouldn’t be worried.  She knew how her friend works when she started to hunt for good piece of object to shot.

But still, she couldn’t help to worry.  Sulli left this morning with her camera equipment to do the thing she came here to do.  That was to take photos.

She received a text earlier from Key that they arrived safely at their dorm and that they were lectured badly by their manager.  So far they all agreed to wait and see what will be the reactions of their fans regarding the newspaper article and photo.  They even had a story made up already if it went out of control. 

Amber looked at her phone.  She called Sulli a few times, but it her call kept going straight to voice mail.  This was driving her nuts. 

“Oh crap!” Amber jumped off her chair as she remembers Sulli’s parents.  “Did they read the newspaper?!” She asked out loud as she paced back and forth while biting her fingers on her right hand.

Amber knew that if Sulli’s parents saw the newspaper they will drag their only daughter back with them to America.

Amber grabbed her phone one more time to try to call Sulli.  She already pressed ‘send’ when she heard someone trying to open the door.  She waited to see who it was before making a move, but hoping it would be Sulli. 

“I’m back.” Sulli entered their hotel room and closed the door behind her as she dragged all her things inside.

Amber stood up and ran straight to her friend.  “Sulli-ah!”

“Whoa!” Sulli stepped back.  “What’s going on?”

Amber looked at her from head to toe.  She looked fine and nothing out of place. 

“Amber!” Sulli called again getting her attention.  “What’s going on? Why are you panicking?”

Amber doesn’t know where to start.  “Uhmm…How was your photo trip?”

Sulli frowned at her friend's weird behavior and looked at her suspiciously.  “It was fine.” Sulli grabbed her equipment and bag and placed it beside her bed.

“Just fine?” Amber fished.  “Nothing crazy thing happened?”

“What can happen in the woods?” Sulli shook her head as she unpacks.  “The most exciting part there was the squirrel that grabbed one of my battery packs and ran to hide it.  Now I need to buy a new one!”

“Oh…” Amber said in a monotonous tone.  “S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter