Twenty-Two: I’m always nice

Fall for you Again

I helped Hyuna with her bags and went into my apartment first.

“Close the door,” I told her and went straight to the guest room that I prepared for her short stay. The ride back to my apartment was very silent. It wasn’t really uncomfortable since we both didn’t know what to talk about. It’s the usual. Its either we fight or don’t talk at all.

I placed her bags at one side of the room and saw her going into the room, looking around.

“Is it okay?” I asked.

“What is?” she asked back.

“The room?”

“Ah.. Yeah its fine. Thanks,” she smiled slightly. I nodded.

I walked to the door and turned around to her. “If you want to use the bathroom you can use the one in the kitchen. Sorry I only have two bathrooms. But don’t worry. I’ll just use the one in my room,” I said. She nodded.

I was about to leave when I remembered something else. “Ah. What do you want to eat? I’m ordering food.”

“You don’t cook?” she asked almost judgingly.

I sighed. “You trust my cooking? Really? You?”

She made a face. “Yeah true that. I don’t trust anything you make at all. Are you ordering Chinese? I want Chinese.”

I frowned slightly. “Is that a question or a request?”

She just shrugged nonchalantly.

“Well I want Korean food. I’ll bring the pamphlet for you to choose,” I said and went out.

I scolded myself mentally the moment I was out. What the hell are you doing Yoon Doojoon?? Shouldn’t you start making her fall for you again?? Why can’t you just follow what she wants? I’m so done with you Yoon Doojoon.

I went to take the pamphlet from the kitchen counter and went back to her room. I reminded myself not to say anything stupid again.

She was unpacking her things when I walked in and sat on the edge of the bed. She turned to looked at me and I gave her the pamphlet. She changed her position from squatting to sitting cross-legged on the floor and browsed the pamphlet. I just sat there quietly, looking at her. She turned back to me and pointed to the food she wanted. I took the pamphlet back and started dailing the number on my handphone.

I ordered while she unpacked. Nothing more. I sighed mentally as I left the room after ordering. I did stay for awhile to see if she would start a conversation or I would have the sudden courage to start a conversation. None of that happened so I left. I’m guessing she satying here won’t make much of a difference huh..

 

I waited for the order in the living room, watching pointless tv shows. Suddenly I heard her coming out from her room and surprisingly, she sat beside me. Well not really near. We were both at the ends of the same couch. But the point here is, there are other couches.

“What are you watching?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” I said blurly. She chuckled.

“Have you been zoning out?” she said, turning to me slightly.

“I guess so,” I smiled sideways.

We were quiet for awhile when she spoke again.

“Look, I’ve not thanked you properly for letting me stay here for the time being. So uh.. thank you. I really appreciate it,” she said, facing me.

I turned my head to her and just smiled. “No problem.”

“Why are you so nice by the way?” she asked, turning her head back to face the front.

“I’m always nice,” I said proudly. She scoffed.

“Yeah right. Seriously Yoon Doojoon,” she said.

“I told you. I’ve changed. Its just you who doesn’t believe that. Am I supposed to force you then?”

She kept quiet. I didn’t say anything wrong right? I thought over my words that just came out from my mouth and nodded to myself, reassuring that I indeed did not say anything wrong.

The door bell suddenly rang and I went to open the door. I paid for the food and closed the door behind me after taking our orders.

I placed the orders on the dining table and went to the kitchen to get some drinks.

“Your order is here you know,” I said from the kitchen, seeing that she was not moving from the living room. I saw her sigh lightly and she got up.

She sat at the table and took her food. I placed a glass of iced water infront of her and the other one for me. I sat down beside her and both of us started eating.

“Its difficult to trust you, you know,” she suddenly said.

I stopped eating abruptly and after a few seconds of processing what she said, I continued chewing. “Its not. But for you maybe it is,” I replied.

“We’ve been… well so called friends.. since so young. Everytime we meet, we quarrel. You played all sorts of pranks on me, teased me until I cry,.. How do you expect me to trust you so easily?” she said, looking at me.

I swallowed my food and put down my spoon and looked up at her. “You hit me, punched me, kicked me, pushed me. Do you think you’re the only one that suffered? But come on. We were kids. Even in highschool, we’re still kids. We’re adults now. And people change every second. What makes you think I can’t change?”

“Exactly. What if you suddenly change back to your normal self few years ago when I decide to trust you? I have to be always on my toes when I’m with you,” she said.

I looked the down under the table. Specifically at her toes. She knew exactly what I was doing and hit me hard on the upper arm. “You see!” she said.

I winced and rubbed my arm. “What do you expect.. I’m a guy okay. Our nature is to tease girls, ladies. Besides, I don’t do well with serious talks with someone I know personally.”

She sighed. “Fine. But you get what I mean right?”

“Yeah yeah. Let’s solve that problem later. Now lets just eat okay. Talk about something less serious. Like um.. school?” I suggested.

“Wow you want to talk about school? You really did change huh,” she said, her tone quite impressed. I feel quite guilty to burst her bubble.

“Uh no. I mean complain about school. Did you see those punks in school?? Seriously all of them just don’t learn! I mean some of the girls even asks to get into detention! Like, what the hell??” I started complaining unknowingly.

She shook her head, looking at me.

“What?” I said.

“Same ol’ Yoon Doojoon. Favourite pasttime: complaining about school,” she said. I was about to retort back when I heard her chuckle and went back to her food. I just smiled to myself and continued eating. I guess there’s some truth to that.

 

Night came soon and both of us were just busy doing our own things in our rooms. Mainly school things of course. A call came in when I was reading some books.

“Hello?”

“Yo bro! So how was it? Is it fun living with her? Did you guys talk? Did anything good happened?” Junhyung asked like a bullet-train.

“Calm down man. First of all, this is like her first day here. Secondly, what do you mean did something good happened??” I said.

“Like you guys don’t quarrel and such? Talk nicely and gently? Not to mention softly..” he said.

“Oh.”

“What were you thinking huh…” I could totally imagine him smirking right now.

“Nothing you idiot! Yeah we don’t quarrel. Maybe not yet,” I said.

“Not yet, not ever. Come on.. Be a gentleman for once. If she starts shouting at you, just keep calm and talk to her nicely. Comfort her or something,” the doctor love suggested.

“I’ve already taken her bags to her room, bought her food and give her a place to stay. Isn’t that gentleman enough??” I said.

“Aish you pabo.. Just put in somemore effort! Whatever I’m hanging up,” he said and the line went dead. He really did hung up on me..that bastard.

 


 

Subscribe & Comment! Oh! And I'm planning to do like a mass reply starting now. 

Do you think I should reply at in one comment and then you guys search for your own name or I reply individually to your comments? :)

Let me know okay!^__^

tumblr_m1zb89BPWW1rr3f35o1_500.gif