One: Revenge

Fall for you Again

 

From the corner of my eye I could see Junhyung, Gikwang, Dongwoon, Hyunseung and even Yoseob’s mouths were slightly ajar listening to Doojoon’s speech.

“All discipline matters go straight to me now. Ms Choi will only deal with minor cases like latecoming and not doing homework. Don’t expect me to be like Ms Choi because I live and breathe discipline. I take things seriously. I don’t care if you hate or despise me because I’m here not to be your friend. if you want a friend to talk to, you’re welcome to book an appointment with the school counselor. That is all.” His face was serious and his eyes shows that he meant what he said. It’s definitely not the Doojoon I last saw.

The assembly ended soon after and the students were dismissed back to their classrooms. It was lunch for me and Junhyung so we walked together to the cafeteria.

“Woah... since when does Doojoon ‘lives and breathes discipline’?”Junhyung said, quoting his exact words. I just shrugged.

“Jun, he’s your bestfriend right? You should know what happened after..” I trailed off, not wanting to remember what comes next.

“After what? After he got expelled?” I rolled my eyes. He just had to say it does he? I just remained silent. He chuckled softly.

“It’s not a funny matter Junhyung..” I glared at him.

“Its not. But its just funny how you’re still affected by it after years since the incident.”

“Anyway,” he continued. “I only know that his dad was furious at what happened that he sent Doojoon overseas. I don’t know where because his dad doesn’t let Doojoon keep in contact with any of us here. I guess wherever he’s been sent to.. has definitely brainwashed him.” Junhyung shuddered at the thought.

I bit my lower lip. Who am I kidding? Not saying it out loud doesn’t stop my mind on going back to what happened 6 years ago. Just seeing his face again is enough to return me back to the past. Why did he return? I thought he would have hated this school. Does he maybe.. wants revenge?

 

I couldn’t fully concentrate in class. My mind keep wandering off after getting to know that Doojoon wants to meet the teachers individually to know what they think of the discipline in school. And also the main troublemakers in school. Gosh.. can’t he just ask Ms Choi?? The normal bell sounded indicating there was an announcement.

“Ms Kim Hyuna please report to the office now. Thank you.” I gulped and stood up.

“Class, complete your assignment by today and place it on my desk. Eunji take care of the class.” Eunji just nodded.

The nearer I got to the office, the heavier my steps got. Relax Hyuna. Who knows he forgot? Yes its been years. Maybe he forgot. I tried to calm myself as I stood infront of his door, waiting for him to grant me the permission to come in.

“Come in.” I opened the door confidently but politely and walked inside, closing the door behind me.

“Goodmorning Mr Yoon,” I greeted and bowed slightly.

He smirked. “What’s with the formalities?” He chuckled and invited me to sit infront of his desk and I just obeyed. I didn’t dare to look at him so I just looked down on my fingers. I felt like a highschool student again, being called to the principal’s office.

“You know Mr Yong shouldn’t have came in before you. I see a definite contrast in the way the both of you greet me.” He seems relaxed. Not the type like he wanted revenge. My heartbeat slowly went back to its normal pace.

“Can you look up please?” he said. Please? Yoon Doojoon never says please. Maybe Junhyung was right about the brainwashing thing. Slowly, I brought my head up and my eyes met his.

He scoffed. “You’re still the same Kim Hyuna I know 6 years ago. Obey every single thing the superior says,” he said. So he remembers me. He stared at me for what I felt like ages, not saying a word.

“How have you been?” he asked.

“Huh?” I was really caught off guard by his question.

He chuckled. “I asked, how have you been? Good?”

“Erm.. Yes, thank you.”

“How does the school feel like without me troubling around? Must be peaceful right?” he said. I looked away from him. Suddenly I feel restless, sensing that he’s going to bring up the past. He stood up and walked around his table until he was standing beside me. He placed both hands on the arm rest of my chair and turned the chair until I was facing him. My heart was racing to fast that I felt like fainting. He leaned down until his face was inches from mine and I could feel his hot breath.

“I’m going to make sure this school gets the justice and equality it needs. Something that I don’t get before. Instead I felt its consequences. You remember Kim Hyuna? Remember when Cube High doesn’t have justice and equality?” I remained silent and suddenly he banged his fists on the arm rest, making me almost jump from my seat. I was right. He came for revenge.

 

I was looking down, walking to my class with my heart beating as fast as before I stepped into the office. Suddenly someone bumped into my shoulder, causing me to look up.

“Hey, you okay?” Junhyung asked with a concerned look.

“He wants revenge,” I said fearfully. I stared at him nervously.

“Who?” Junhyung seemed so clueless. I don’t even want to say his name. I just look at him, hoping he’ll read my mind like always.

“Doojoon?” See? Told you so. I nodded. He chuckled. Excuse me, what is so funny?

“Come on Hyuna. I bet you’re over-reacting. Why does he want revenge anyway? You didn’t do anything,” he said simply.

“You know.. he got expelled..” I said slowly. Oh come on Junhyung! Do you need me to spell it out for you??

“I know him Hyuna. And I know you didn’t get him expelled,” he said simply. But I’m still not convinced. Do you know how long it takes for me to recover from the trauma that I got him expelled? More than one month! Seeing that I was still nervous, Junhyung placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Hey trust me. Doojoon may be everything that everyone hates. But I know he doesn’t keep grudges. Especially to you.” He gave me a warm smile. I was still scared but I nodded anyway. If Doojoon plans to do anything to me, I know Junhyung will always be my side despite Doojoon being his bestfriend also.

My classes ended early that day and I went to the teachers’ room to mark some books. But my mind was so clouded by the past that I couldn’t even mark the simplest things. I placed my red pen on the desk and just stared off into space.

 

6 years ago

Me and my girlfriends were watching a movie together after school when I felt someone constantly kicking my seat from behind. We’re in a cinema and I don’t want to create any scene so I just tried to ignore it. I really tried. But the constant kicking was getting extremely irritating that I couldn’t take it anymore.

I stood up in the middle of the movie and turned behind, glaring at the person behind me.

“Yah! Can you stop with the kicking??” I exploded. The girls were shocked and Gayoon, the closest to me, tugged at my arm to ask me to sit back down. Oh no I’m not going to back out now. It was quite dark to I couldn’t see the person. He stood up and the light from the movie screen reflected on his face. Urgh why am I not surprised.

“Hello?? Is this your cinema? Its my leg and I can do anything with it! Who are you to stop me?!” he shouted back. People started hushing us. Obviously, Doojoon would be the last person to care about what people are thinking so he just ignored. My anger was overwhelming that I too ignored the hushes.

“This is a public place! Don’t you even think you can do whatever you want here okay! Other people are also trying to watch the movie peacefully! If you want to kick so much, go and kick some senses into that empty head of yours!” I shouted back pointing to his forehead.

Before he could fight back, the security came in and chased us out. Damn you Doojoon! I didn’t even get to finish the movie!

We were both scolded outside the cinema where people were buying their tickets. The security guard gave us a warning and was good enough to not call out parents. We were not allowed to go back inside and had to stay outside. I could have just gone home but I didn’t have a ride. It was Sohyeon’s mother that drove us here.

“This is all your fault!” we suddenly shouted to each other in unision.

“You could have just change seats instead of yelling!” he said.

“And you could have just not kicked my seat in the first place!” I retorted.

“Hmph!” The both of us crossed our arms and backfaced each other.

I quickly took out my handphone and called Junhyung to take me home.

“Junhyung-ah.. can you take me from the cinema please? Some jerk had to have me chased out of the cinema!” Okay and maybe to complain a little.

“What?? You got chased out of the cinema?? Okay okay I’ll be there. Did they call your parents?” he asked. Before I could answer, he cut me.

“Oh Hyuna there’s someone on the other line. Hang on a sec,” he said and the next thing I heard was the beeping sound. Aish..

“Bro, can you accompany me for awhile? My friends are still in the cinema coz I got kicked out because of some that was yelling at me,” I heard Doojoon said on the phone.

“Who else! Of course its her! Junhyung come quick. I can’t stand being around her,” he complained. He’s the one that stole the call from me! How dare he!

I turned and snatched the phone from him. “Yah!” he shouted.

“Junhyung don’t listen to him! He started it first! He was kicking and kicking and-“ The phone got snatched back before I could even finish.

“Bro! We got kicked out because of shouting not because I was kicking! She’s the one at fault!” he defended himself.

I snatched back the phone and Junhyung spoke. “I’ll be there soon. We’ll settle this later. Don’t kill each other!” he said and hung up. Doojoon snatched back his phone but the line was already dead. I sniggered looking at his reaction.

“What did he say??” he asked.

“Don’t wanna tell you~” I said turning around. I could feel him staring at my back. Hah! Serves him right!

 

Hi!! So how's the first chapter? I hope its fine. I know I'm supposed to be on hiatus but I seriously can't stay away! Okay okay I'll study now. Keke ^^ 

SUBSCRIBE && COMMENT! :D