Twenty-Four: I already said it. Its something

Fall for you Again

I was sleeping so soundly in my room when suddenly I felt like someone has entered my room. I thought it was a dream but the moment my bed shook so violently and I hear someone shouting for me to wake up, my eyes shot opened.

Hyuna was on my bed, jumping up and down oh-so-happily with a wide grin on her face.

“What are you doing here??” I frowned.

“Wake up! Wake up! You said I don’t exercise enough right? Come on! Let’s jog!” she said. I groaned and turned my body to cover my face with the pillow.

She jumped down from the bed and smacked my back continuously as if I was a drum. “Get up! Get up! You said it yourself that you exercise everyday.”

“Yeah yeah. Give me 5 minutes..” I mumbled.

“No! The sun will be up then! Get up nowww!!!” she shouted purposely directly at my ear. I bolted up from the bed and rubbed my ear.

She stood away from me and put on an innocent face.

I raised an eyebrow. “You’re gonna get it Kim Hyuna,” I threatened her. She pursed her lips, trying to hold back her laugh. I got up quickly trying to tackle her down and intend to shout as loud back at her ears but she ran quickly out of the door. I ran after her around the house until she quickly took a frying pan from my kitchen and held it out to me.

“Stop! Go get ready or I’ll knock your head with this pan!” she warned me trying to act serious but she was smiling and panting at the same time.

I chuckled. “You just ran a little and you’re already panting?” I teased.

“You!” She wasted no time and went straight for my head to hit me with the pan. Fortunately I dodged on time and ran into my room to get ready.

 

“Are you doing this on purpose??” she asked while panting furiously after 5 rounds of jogging around the track.

“Do what?” I said as I jogged on the spot, waiting for her to catch her breath.

“You don’t usually run this much right? You’re just trying to torture me by pretending as if you run this much so you can look fitter right?!” she frowned.

I laughed out loud. “Wow you really can make a story Kim Hyuna. No okay. I’m used to running this much. But since you can’t take it, then let’s just stop at 5 rounds.”

She narrowed her eyes at me and I just smiled, offering her a bottle of water. “Thanks,” she mumbled and drown the cold drink down .

“Then let’s go,” I said, leading the way out.

As we were walking, I noticed that she had this thinking look on her face.

“What are you thinking?” I asked.

“So you really ran that much?” she asked.

I chuckled. “Yeah. I don’t always go to the gym so jogging around the track is all I can manage to do.”

She satyed quiet so I spoke. “So you really have no stamina?” I asked, imitating the way she asked me before.

She took her towel around her neck and smack my back with it. “Owww… I was just asking!”

“I do okay. I just.. lost some of it,” she said.

“This must be because of hanging out with Junhyung too much right? I mean that guy seriously hates running but never in a million years would he admit it,” I said.

 

We went passed some nearby shops as we were cooling down and I suddenly remembered that we didn’t give each other anything for Christmas.

“Hey, what did you get for Junhyung this Christmas?” I asked.

“Something,” she shrugged. I rolled my eyes. Should have expected that.

“What did you get him?” she asked.

I scoffed. “You won’t tell me what makes you think I would tell you?”

“Fine. I know you didn’t get him anything anyway. I mean duh. Its you,” she said.

“I did okay! I gave him a watch! Custom made!” I said proudly, not realising that I actually kind of lost.

She smiled casually. “Ahh.. Okay.”

“Since I already tell you, you tell me yours,” I said.

“I already said it. Its something,” she snickered and walked ahead of me.

 

We took a quick shower and went out for brunch instead since someone needed all the time in the world to get ready. And she said I’m slow.

We didn’t talk much while eating. It wasn’t awkward but that’s probably because 1) I’m thinking of a simple belated christmas present for her and 2) She’s too tired from the morning jog to talk or think that it was awkward that we’re not talking.

We went out of the café and she was about to walk to the path where it leads to my apartment when I stopped her.

“Um I need to buy something. So you go home first?” I said, handing her the house keys.

“Oh. Okay,” she nodded and took the keys from me. “Call me if I don’t hear you knock.”

I smirked. “Why? You’re going to hit the bed immediately when you reach home?”

“N-no. Just in case…I have my earpiece on or something,” she said.

I chuckled. She looked so tired even during brunch I’m not surprised if she sleep when she got back home. “Okay.. Make sure you don’t put your phone on silent mode.”

 

After we parted ways I started going around the neighbourhood that has a lot of different kinds of small shops in a row. I went from floral shops to bookstores and even convenience stores. I just don’t know what to get her. It seems like watch is the most expensive but useful gift anyone could get. But I’ve already given her a watch on the last Secret Santa. Also, I told her that I got Junhyung a watch so getting her one seems like I’m not creative enough.

I want to avoid going to the shopping mall as much as I can because I just want to get something simple. I might accidentally get something grand from the shopping mall and in the end she might just tell me to return it.

“Can I just get a cake?” I asked myself as I stared at the cakes displayed so nicely in a shop.

“Yes sir, may I help you?” the girl behind the counter asked politely.

I smiled at her. “Its okay. I’m just looking.”

I should just get a cake right? So we can just share it and she don’t have to feel obliged to get me something in return. There’s such thing as a Christmas cake right?

I looked around the shop for a nice simple log cake and bought it in no time.

 

I went straight home and knocked on the door a couple of times. No answer. I sighed heavily and leaned on the wall for awhile before deciding to knock again. Still no response.

“Hello?” she answered the phone call when its nearly about to end.

“I’m outside,” I said simply.

“Oh,” she said and hang up. She’s opening the door right? I waited for a few moments and suddenly I hear the sound of keys unlocking the door. I sighed in relief and went inside when the door opened.

Looking at her sleepy face, I chuckled. “What were you doing? Sleeping?”

She frowned at me with her half-opened eyes. “I was dreaming. And you interrupted. If you don’t mind, I want to go back to my dreamland now, thank you very much.”

With that, she ignored my presence and went straight back to her room. I just shook my head, smiling as I looked at her.


 

tumblr_m9k33ikIsJ1r7mqq6o1_500.gif

(When Hyuna shouted at his ears xD)

~ seems like these two are getting along, no? ;) ~